corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No more charges for track closure at the 'Ring

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No more charges for track closure at the 'Ring
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Oct 10 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going mad here, going to start on that blonde german man that was pulling everyone up at the ring exit
baza31

28th Oct 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how often do people go? is it so much better than tracks in uk? do you make it a holiday or something? and how much are these bills? i read on the internet someone had nearly 10k in bills from going into the barriers, are you insuredif its a road?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once a year usually sometimes twice.

yes it makes a good holiday and yes its a hell of an experience driving it compared to anything here

barrier repair is around 1000 euros a meter, so depends on how much you take out and if its tiered or not

[Edited on 28-10-2010 by Steve]
jr

28th Oct 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fast-as-u-can
No I never got charged for track closure.......The track was not shut and my bill was all track cleaning.....perhaps we should have gone out to the carousel for dinner that night to eat off the floor!

ROBBING GERMAN SH1TS............

Steve
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi
3CorsaMeal

28th Oct 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i don't like about track driving is everyone is travelling the same direction, its just not as immense as normal roads

not even a track is it? public highway according to Oliver Crowe of Reading, Ring King, Bum Chum & Man
mwg

28th Oct 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like driving fast on public roads, it's exciting. Keeping it real world.
adiohead

28th Oct 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The M25 is my ring.

Fuck wasting money going to Germany

[Edited on 28-10-2010 by adiohead]
Steve
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is a track, it was used for the german f1 grand prix at one time, its only calssed as a public road because theres an exit at adenau
John

28th Oct 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After you've been have to spend every waking second telling the whole world how good it is and how nothing comes close, then taking your puma's wheels off every day to wash them.

For that reason I'm out.
Fonz
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
I dont need to go on a race-track to learn my cars limits.Why would i??I wouldnt be able to take it to those limits on the public roads.

i respectfully disagree!

i am a keen and active auto solo* competitor and if nothing else, racing in these events has taught me a lot about car control, handling on the limits and importantly how to correct the cars line.

the skills learnt there helped me so much in the past two months worth of winter snow and without learning the skills on the edge, if ever reached - for whatever reason, spirited driving or road conditions, i've known how to correct teh situation.

Learning what the car is capable of is a very valuable skill. and it doesnt matter if that is handling capability or braking, or any other attribute

*run a quick google search or look on youtube, 60s blasts speeds less than 30mph but very intense, on the edge driving
Butler

28th Oct 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fully agree with Fonz there.
JM_16v

28th Oct 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh the kids that havent been wont understand it,

and Gav asked if there was anything negative to say and i would say yes

i had an oppertunity to go out tommrow and am missing it cos i have to go scotland yet again ive been 4 times in the last 12 months
Corsa_Sport21

28th Oct 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
quote:
I dont need to go on a race-track to learn my cars limits.Why would i??I wouldnt be able to take it to those limits on the public roads.

i respectfully disagree!

i am a keen and active auto solo* competitor and if nothing else, racing in these events has taught me a lot about car control, handling on the limits and importantly how to correct the cars line.

the skills learnt there helped me so much in the past two months worth of winter snow and without learning the skills on the edge, if ever reached - for whatever reason, spirited driving or road conditions, i've known how to correct teh situation.

Learning what the car is capable of is a very valuable skill. and it doesnt matter if that is handling capability or braking, or any other attribute

*run a quick google search or look on youtube, 60s blasts speeds less than 30mph but very intense, on the edge driving

But in the 8/9 years ive been driving,ive never once needed to go to the ring to learn how to control a car,and funnily enough,ive never crashed a car nor have i been in the situation where having some previous driving history at the ring would have saved my bacon.I also know people who have never been,but are shit hot drivers with awesome car control on the limit.

If i did ever feel i needed some tuition as such,then Knockhill is just 30mins away from my house.I could pay less than 100quid and get a cpl of sessions with a fully trained instructor which would probably be alot better and more informative than going to Germany to drive fast on a long road.

You have just proved that people who have been to the ring,think they are the next best thing to a race car driver.
Butler

28th Oct 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fonz didnt even mention the ring once, and was replying to your comment that you shouldnt need to go to a race track to learn your cars limits. So what he basically said is that he thinks he is a better driver because he has been on a race circuit, not specifically the ring - which is probably true to be honest.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Oct 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thread is about the ring....

He said "the skills learnt there"...

I put 2 and 2 together and assumed he was talking about the ring.Sorry.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

i respectfully disagree!

But in the 8/9 years ive been driving,ive never once needed to go to the ring to learn how to control a car,and funnily enough,ive never crashed a car nor have i been in the situation where having some previous driving history at the ring would have saved my bacon.I also know people who have never been,but are shit hot drivers with awesome car control on the limit.

If i did ever feel i needed some tuition as such,then Knockhill is just 30mins away from my house.I could pay less than 100quid and get a cpl of sessions with a fully trained instructor which would probably be alot better and more informative than going to Germany to drive fast on a long road.

You have just proved that people who have been to the ring,think they are the next best thing to a race car driver.

No one mentioned paul
jr

28th Oct 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

i respectfully disagree!

summary, you havent been + you havent been on a race circuit = no idea and proberly a bit jelous

id be grumpy too if i was in your situation and only had at a303 between levan and fife to practice on

[Edited on 28-10-2010 by jr]
Corsa_Sport21

28th Oct 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been on a race track on 2 occasions.

And Leven is in Fife.

We have the very demanding "Dangerfield" road too.
Graham88

28th Oct 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
barrier repair is around 1000 euros a meter, so depends on how much you take out and if its tiered or not

By your calculations my barrier repair cost would have been 44,000 euros It's nothing like that Steve. I'll try and fish my bill out somewhere it might have it written down.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by pow
How can ANYONE negatively comment when they haven't been?!?

Preach brother, preach

pow likes this.

Shadddapppp Corsa_Sport21

Pow, I'm stunned that you are involved in this "risks" talk. I'd be surprised if you've done anything more daring than change from Andrex to Charmin.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have been on a race track on 2 occasions.

And Leven is in Fife.

We have the very demanding "Dangerfield" road too.

Dangerfield is dodgey as fuck And Rutherford, don't you go dissing my home town boy.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

By your calculations my barrier repair cost would have been 44,000 euros It's nothing like that Steve. I'll try and fish my bill out somewhere it might have it written down.

fair enough maybe they adjust it if you take out more
Steve
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually graham how on earth did you take out 44 meters of barrier lol? thats a hell of a lot, sure what you said before you lost the back end hit it then spun off and hit the front that two impacts on the barrier?
Graham88

28th Oct 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's 3 lengths high lol. So if you hit 1 section you are likely to hit all 3, which are in 4 metre lengths, so if you hit one section that's pretty much 12 metres, even though it's only actually 4 metres, absolute rape

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No more charges for track closure at the 'Ring 22 database queries in 0.1047440 seconds