corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No more charges for track closure at the 'Ring

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No more charges for track closure at the 'Ring
Graham88

User status: Offline
27th Oct 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come over the crest of a hill (I can't remember the name of the corner sorry) and the back end went light whilst I needed to brake and turn in for a corner so back end came out at about 120 and that was game over. Just skidded onto the grass glanced the barrier and got a nice bill for the privilege

But I drove my car away after getting recovered off track and me and my passenger were completely unmarked, and that's what matters.
wilson_sri

27th Oct 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch sore one! Was that in the fiesta? Such a cool wee car as well! Im guessing it was a right off?
Graham88

27th Oct 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Blame the statistics,not me.

Ive seen plenty of threads on different forums and other resources of folk crashing at the ring.Its not just once in a blue moon either that it happens.

What causes people to crash on an otherwise public road??Going past theyr own limits and driver capability??

Who has said otherwise? There is a high crash rate for the Nurburgring. It's a very complex circuit and people often go past theirs or the cars limits, including myself. People also do it on the public roads everyday, I don't see you preaching saying they shouldn't drive day to day though? It's a risk you take, and for me it's a risk worth taking as it's such a buzz and it's what I enjoy doing. So why should I listen to some guy on the internet who has probably never driven a fast car nor been near a race track and learnt his cars limits?
Graham88

27th Oct 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilson_sri
ouch sore one! Was that in the fiesta? Such a cool wee car as well! Im guessing it was a right off?

No mate my MPS. I drove it away and it's all repaired now, wasn't that bad.
pow
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can ANYONE negatively comment when they haven't been?!?
Graham88

27th Oct 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Preach brother, preach
smcGSI16V

27th Oct 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Shut up you numpty!
Have you never taken a RISK before.
You bore me with your bland, no knowledge answers.

I would also like to add that I have not crashed yet either.
Thats a good thing about the ruling tho, so this means they class themselves as a road now?
Corsa_Sport21

27th Oct 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:

Ive seen plenty of threads on different forums and other resources of folk crashing at the ring.Its not just once in a blue moon either that it happens.

What causes people to crash on an otherwise public road??Going past theyr own limits and driver capability??

Who has said otherwise? There is a high crash rate for the Nurburgring. It's a very complex circuit and people often go past theirs or the cars limits, including myself. People also do it on the public roads everyday, I don't see you preaching saying they shouldn't drive day to day though? It's a risk you take, and for me it's a risk worth taking as it's such a buzz and it's what I enjoy doing. So why should I listen to some guy on the internet who has probably never driven a fast car nor been near a race track and learnt his cars limits?

Who has said what otherwise??
Yes theyr is alot more crashes on the public roads,but not in the manner where the driver has been treating it like a race-track as such.Although theyr is still a high crash rate for that.Yeah im like every other tom dick and harry who likes to have a spirited drive on the road but i dont go past my limits and dont go to far over the speed limit.Thats as far as i would personally go for a bit of enjoyment in my everyday road car.

I like to think ive had some "quick cars".But it depends on what you would class as quick compared to me.

I have been on a race-track on 2 occassions.As a passenger of a mates DC2 and a passenger of my own car with a friend driving.I dont need to go on a race-track to learn my cars limits.Why would i??I wouldnt be able to take it to those limits on the public roads.
Corsa_Sport21

27th Oct 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:

Shut up you numpty!
Have you never taken a RISK before.
You bore me with your bland, no knowledge answers.

I would also like to add that I have not crashed yet either.
Thats a good thing about the ruling tho, so this means they class themselves as a road now?

Taken plenty risks before.

All be it not to the extent where im 100s,maybe 1000s of miles away from home with my only form of transport to get me home.
smcGSI16V

27th Oct 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I dont need to go on a race-track to learn my cars limits.Why would i??I wouldnt be able to take it to those limits on the public roads.

I'm sorry but this comment just shows you dont understand the whole concept of it!
pow
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Preach brother, preach

pow likes this.

Shadddapppp Corsa_Sport21
Corsa_Sport21

27th Oct 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And before any1 else jumps on the "take risks" "have fun" bandwagon,the above views are of my opinion.

If its your form of fun etc then so be it.
Corsa_Sport21

27th Oct 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I dont need to go on a race-track to learn my cars limits.Why would i??I wouldnt be able to take it to those limits on the public roads.

I'm sorry but this comment just shows you dont understand the whole concept of it!

For a track car,yes.

For an everday car that i use on the road,certainly not.
pow
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my view I'm glad this has come, they're having their cake AND eating it...
CorsAsh

27th Oct 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I've never braked there
Hardcore
Graham88

27th Oct 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I agree, I think you don't belong in this thread.

My car has been made so that it's better on track now, but because I drive it on the road you're saying I shouldn't take it on track as I won't be able to push those limits on public roads? I guarentee I have had my car at it's limits on public roads, just not through 30mph towns past schools, but track is ultimately the best place to learn. Big run offs (except Nurburgring ), highly trained marshals in most cases, ambulance on scene within minutes and again in most cases but not all, other drivers around you who respect your car and won't try and pressure you into doing speeds you're not comfortable with.

It's one of those things you need to experience yourself to realise why tracktime is so much better than being on the roads. Yes people crash at the Ring, but considering how many cars go around there everyday and 75% of those driving on the limit, I think the crash rate is very low.
Corsa_Sport21

27th Oct 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fair enough Graham.As said,its not for me as i dont take my car to the limits on a public road.I dont feel the need nor do i want to take that risk.Been banned b4,wouldnt like to get banned again.

My initial post was intended with a bit of sarcasm bit got out of hand and my honest views came out.
Graham88

27th Oct 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then that is ultimately your decision but you shouldn't be putting stupid comments towards people who choose to take that route. We all enjoy different things in life otherwise it'd be boring if we all enjoyed the same stuff.

You obviously weren't going fast enough to be caught
Corsa_Sport21

27th Oct 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never been done for speeding nor have i been caught.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

graham, warren, gavin thats all that have been off on here
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren got the best result tbf

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Graham88

27th Oct 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definetly
neil h

27th Oct 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I've never crashed there

Thats it you've cursed it now, dead man walking.
fast-as-u-can

27th Oct 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I never got charged for track closure.......The track was not shut and my bill was all track cleaning.....perhaps we should have gone out to the carousel for dinner that night to eat off the floor!

ROBBING GERMAN SH1TS............
Ojc

28th Oct 10 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No more charges for track closure at the 'Ring 23 database queries in 0.1978972 seconds