corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ive got et 42 alloys.....ADVICE!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ive got et 42 alloys.....ADVICE!!!
rob_watti

User status: Offline
27th Mar 03 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WILL I GET RUBBING IF I FIT MY 205/40/17 ALLOYS ON A CORSA B THAT IS LOWERED 40MM ALL ROUND???? I ALREADY NO ABOUT TAKING THE 2 TOP BOLTS OUT BUT WOULD IT SCRUB ELSE WHERE???
Lisa

27th Mar 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you still get scrubbing ,take your drums off and behind there is a plate with about 8 welds on it ,they do not hold anything on i think its too sort your camber out. grind them perfectly flat and that should give u a couple more mm to play with, i have et38 dropped 40 mm and it seems ok.
Stuey

27th Mar 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got ET42 on mine. Things you need to do are:

1. Remove bolt on flares and bond them on to car (which you already know
about)

2. You may need to grind back part of the arch flares as well where they fold back under the car ie. imagine you are standing at the right rear side of your car looking down the length of it. At the top of the arch the plastic wheel flare has a "J" shape to it where it folds back under the wheel arch. Grind the bottom away so it has a straight shape "|". This will give the wheel a little more clearance as the wheel moves up and down in the arch.

3. If you know a panel beater or you are pretty good with a hammer and "dolly", you can flatten the upper inner wheel arch against the outer skin panel of the car. Be careful not to crack the paint and don't attempt it unless you know what you are doing. I found the place the back wheels rub is on the top of the wheel arch itself, not where the arch flares are but right up in the top of the wheel arch. By knocking the arch out it gives you that little bit more clearance.

4. Tyre choice. Some tyre have a very square shape side wall to them, some have more rounded sidewalls. Preferably get tyres with the more rounded sidewall. Once again, this gives a few mm clearance.

I can carry 2 light people in the back of my GSi, but it does still rub a little on the more harsh bumps.

Hope this helps.

Stuey.

[Edited on 27-03-2003 by Stuey]

[Edited on 27-03-2003 by Stuey]
Jafster

28th Mar 03 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my wheels i just brought are in the same offset and im down 30 mm aint got no rubbing at all but just on the front pasenger-were my wheelhub is bent-the offset is obviously causing problems though were i was running 45mm 17"s before-now i got a shaking sterring wheel when i ease of the gas-might be down to my car being messed up after crash though-i dont no

New Poll