corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple announce $4.31 billion profit in Q4

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple announce $4.31 billion profit in Q4
ed

User status: Offline
19th Oct 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Premium materials and manufacturing processes cost, guess what, a premium.
Dom

19th Oct 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got an iPhone because i can't justify the cost for the supposed 'premium'. If the price was inline with other smartphones then i'd pick one up without much hesitation but you can get a similar, if not better, spec'd phone for a lot less money and it was a bit of a no brainer for me to be honest.
That aside all phones have their pros and cons, certainly my android phone has it's quirks but then again iPhones do too. Horses for course to be honest.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone is pretty much a form over function product, if thats what you like then fair enough
Russ

19th Oct 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
iPhone is pretty much a form over function product, if thats what you like then fair enough
Thats really poor bait
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

19th Oct 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone is a better games console than an Xbox
Gary
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Hardly. The 4 looks worse than the 3 and i still got one.

Also prefer the Blackberry storm looks but i tried one and hated it so went back to iFen
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ford Puma's are fucking terrible.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Ford Puma's are fucking terrible.

QFT
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted.
A2H GO

19th Oct 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't think they're that much more expensive in comparison, the cost of an iPhone 4 contract (handset price + monthly payments) is £550 in total and for that you get 250 mins, unlimited txts and 1gb internet AND its only over 12 months.

I'm yet to find a HTC Desire HD contract thats cheaper in total over the full term?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just lolz at nath
Ash_EP3

19th Oct 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Apple products, as mentioned previously the marketing is unbelievable. Their products offer style, speed and good looks in terms of both software and hardware... but all of this comes at a high price...

My stepbro got the Iphone4 on it's release date. Paid £90 for the phone and pays £40 a month (plus monthly insurance), for 24 months.... 2 weeks after he bought the phone, the antenna broke inside the phone took it to Apple and they just gave him a brand new one... (shows you how much monies they make)!

I went for a HTC Desire because it's something different and in some reviews (tech radar) they've said it's better than the Iphone 4 (and this isn't even the Desire HD ). The Android smartphones have apparently outsold some of the Apple products and the Android software is being used with other phone manufacturers (Sony, Samsung etc...) so slowly but surely it's making itself well known throughout the market.

It will eventually just be Android vs Apple vs Blackberry.

The most annoying thing is that a lot of people buy phones without realising what they are actually for... like lots of young girls really want Blackberry's for the private messenger, even though essentially a blackberry is a business phone... so why would they need it?

The thing that annoys me the most about Apple is that they introduce features/applications on their latest phones which should have been introduced on their previous models and then market it as something that's new... like facetime which is essentially just video calling I had the on my Nokia N73 5 years ago

Another thing that annoys me is that essentially the Iphone just has list of apps across a number of different pages, although in a recent software update these can be grouped into folders so now you have folders and a list of icons across 3/4 pages woop woop

When Apple finally start to introduce widgets and other intriguing features then they'll be leagues ahead of the others imo...
John

19th Oct 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Desire HD isn't as good as the iPhone because it's fucking massive.

I can see widgets next year, never been done on a phone before.
mwg

19th Oct 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All they are doing is extending their product life. If they give you everything at the start you have no reason to upgrade to a newer apple
John

19th Oct 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's it exactly and they have enough of a following to be able to release a slightly improved one every year and people in 2 year contracts still pay to buy them, businesses are there to make money after all.

Damn Google for bringing out free updates all the time and causing 'fragmentation'.
Ash_EP3

19th Oct 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Desire HD isn't as good as the iPhone because it's fucking massive.

I can see widgets next year, never been done on a phone before.

Android has widgets, folders, apps, shortcuts etc etc oh and 7 customisable screens
AndyKent

19th Oct 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Damn Google for bringing out free updates all the time and causing 'fragmentation'.

The other manufacturers, and networks to be fair, brought that upon themselves. They can all see the iPhone is massively popular and the only sensible way to try to match it was to go with Google. Having a massive range of hardware and lumping layers of customisation over the top was only going to (slightly) backfire of them.
noshua

19th Oct 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
My stepbro got the Iphone4 on it's release date. Paid £90 for the phone and pays £40 a month (plus monthly insurance), for 24 months.... 2 weeks after he bought the phone, the antenna broke inside the phone took it to Apple and they just gave him a brand new one... (hows you how much monies they make)!

Isn't that just good customer service and abiding by the law?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but this is Apple, so it will be classed as a 'feature'
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kl kl
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u coming to oulton park
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlikely m8.
LeeM

19th Oct 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate widgets and stuff like that, much prefer the simplicity of the iPhone. Everything I want where I want it, no messin around!
A2H GO

19th Oct 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
I hate widgets and stuff like that, much prefer the simplicity of the iPhone. Everything I want where I want it, no messin around!

Same, the phone works perfectly without them and anything you use regularly you put in the dock or on the front page so it's only one press anyway.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll