corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple announce $4.31 billion profit in Q4

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple announce $4.31 billion profit in Q4
A2H GO

User status: Offline
19th Oct 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I see Steve is on the haters bandwagon now, anything he can't have he instantly hates.

The iPhone is the best on the market, all the others copy it and it's actually a really good phone.

So useful that all my music is on it, internet access etc I can't help the fact your Nokia 5110 can't do these things.

Agreed, just about every phone released now looks like an iPhone, I have to sometimes take a second look to tell them apart, although you can tell instantly its not a iPhone when you try to carry out the simplist of tasks on them.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I see Steve is on the haters bandwagon now, anything he can't have he instantly hates.

The iPhone is the best on the market, all the others copy it and it's actually a really good phone.

So useful that all my music is on it, internet access etc I can't help the fact your Nokia 5110 can't do these things.

my nokia that cost about 1/4 of the price of your iphone can do everything your iphone can do + it does flash

[Edited on 19-10-2010 by Steve]
A2H GO

19th Oct 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

my nokia that cost about 1/4 of the price of your iphone can do everything your iphone can do + it does flash

Still looks wank.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who cares a phone isnt a fashion accessory to me
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i can put any Mp3's i want on it and i dont need Itunes

also multitasking

A2H GO

19th Oct 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also i can put any Mp3's i want on it and i dont need Itunes

Why would you not want to use a program specifically designed to seemlessly sync your phone with you computer?

You can carry on dragging and dropping and going through folders and ill just plug my phone in and unplug it again when it beeps.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cool il just carry on plugging my phone in and letting windows media sync my library without having to drag and drop folders aswell.

do you want a fight about this? im willing to travel to all corners of the earth about this issue
ed

19th Oct 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iTunes is an awful piece of software though. Does my head in.
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

My iPhone was £79 tbh. Good for you if you paid £20 for a phone. £59 didnt clear me out.
A2H GO

19th Oct 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thats cool il just carry on plugging my phone in and letting windows media sync my library without having to drag and drop folders aswell.

do you want a fight about this? im willing to travel to all corners of the earth about this issue

Funny thing is i dont even have an iPhone, just checked what my phone is, Nokia 6301.
mwg

19th Oct 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you like them apples
John

19th Oct 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet you were all waiting for me

Can't fault them, they sell a massive amount and make even more from it, marketing department must get massive bonuses.
Rob_Quads

19th Oct 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

While it 'can' technologically do everything the iPhone can. I bet its a hell of a lot easier to get the software and actually do it on an iPhone.

The success is 90% down to the user interface. My 70 yr old mum was able to start using it after a minute of basics, on her phone er she txts.

Steve
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this mornings apple baiting has been jolly indeed
Gary
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Bet it cant tbf

Iphone has flash now also.
mwg

19th Oct 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

admit you have bought the wrong phone and are powder coated green with envy
ssj_kakarot

19th Oct 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
no most poeople buy them because there apple thats it, never looking into any thing else

I had a blackberry before my phone and it was shit, kept freezing and breaking all the time. Not had any trouble with my current one touch wood. When I come to upgrade again i'll be looking at other stuff, but will probably get the current iphone at the time.

Why are people so sad when it comes to others having iphones or ipads / macbooks etc

I don't get it.

ok obviously i will have to eleborate slightly

considering in the thread we are talking about aple products relating to the general public thats what i had based my statment on

im aware that other people look into apple products and the alternative and make an informed decision to purchase said apple product

BUT considerin the ammount they sell its pretty obvious that due to the incredibly popular and clever marketing that apple have used they have gained incredible popularity with the general public OK

which means that generally people who say "huh i want an mp3 player" automatically have an ipod stuck in there mind as its so popular, so they infact go and buy an ipod without looking into the alternatives

yes there are people who look into it and decide there good products but can you seriously tell me that given the numbers in this thread every single person has looked at the alternatives or simply just had apple on there mind first hand as its so popular

im not hating im aware apple make decent products but i think there price they charge just doesnt justify the item

take the iphone 4, i just ordered a htc desire HD for a free with a really good contract, in pretty much every way its a better phone than the iphone4 but the majority of people wouldnt even think about getting a HTC as its just not an apple product

Gary
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve is just jealous.

Spent all his money on plastic guns so cant have an iPhone
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Behave, even your best e-friend has outed you
ed

19th Oct 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
Not really.
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but the majority of people wouldnt even think about getting a HTC as its just not an apple product

Or because they are unaware of its capabilities? Which is poor marketing.
mwg

19th Oct 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate got a HTC as his work phone, prefers my lowly 3GS to it.
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
My mate got a HTC as his work phone, prefers my lowly 3GS to it.

Because it's an Apple product m8.
Gary
Premium Member

19th Oct 10 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by glb
Not really.

Really does tho

Well im sure that what that flashing thing on the back of mine is
ssj_kakarot

19th Oct 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
but the majority of people wouldnt even think about getting a HTC as its just not an apple product

Or because they are unaware of its capabilities? Which is poor marketing.

yes as i already said apple have an incredible marketing team, they always have.

HTC do not, quite sad considering the desire HD is such an incredible phone that most people just wont ever get to try out

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll