corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  232    233    234    235    236    237    238  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jan 11 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty good explinations there paul, im sure that will help alot of people.

ive got a new chair now and moved my pedals further away from me so i feel like im driving a car now and not a bus.

im going to go back on for an hour or so.
Jamie-C

18th Jan 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ driving a bus , I got a new chair but my pedals are still too close, I think I might cut the back off my drawers off
Raymond_11

18th Jan 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.39 wasn't even the best lap ive done but its the fastest so far
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come back online you lot..
Jamie-C

18th Jan 11 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too late for me, is ritman on here? I've never seen him post
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a good 30 mins or so concentrating on my setup, i can now run low 1'38's all day, ive not managed to hit the 1'37 yet but i was 3tenths up on a 1'38.0 so i know its possible for me.

setup is very nice now, turns in well and doesnt oversteer out of the corners, stays prety damn well planted! just a little more fine tuning i think until im really happy with it.
Jamie-C

19th Jan 11 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Care to share?
cunningham

19th Jan 11 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do i join this race on sunday is it first come first served basis? what time ?
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 02:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamie - when im happy with it ill share it.

cunningham - you join by joining my lounge at the specifi. time (usually 8pm) it is a first come first serve basis because there is a max 16 player limit but the people who make an effort will have priority over the ones who have just turned up. so far we havent had a full lounge 15 i think was the maximum so far.
cunningham

19th Jan 11 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool cool well im nightshift the now finish up thursday morning so will be on thursday night and friday probs for some practice
AK

19th Jan 11 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul - you sure about your explanation of LSD acceleration sensitivity?

It seems logical that a locked diff will push the front end on as both wheels will be rotating at the same speed.

Lock the diff in the impreza and it understeer city!
Paul_J

19th Jan 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Paul - you sure about your explanation of LSD acceleration sensitivity?

It seems logical that a locked diff will push the front end on as both wheels will be rotating at the same speed.

Lock the diff in the impreza and it understeer city!

Yeah but thats 4wd anyway.
Drift cars have locked diffs...

Essentially if locked and both wheels have traction, then as you say = understeer... but if locked and both spin up = oversteer.

My point is, in GT5, when it locks and spins up (noticable on a high powered car like my 690 bhp 430) it'll go sideways imediately... But with high accel sensativity, it'll push to 1 wheel first almost like an open diff, so not propel the car out of the corner as fast (1 wheel spinning) - but is less likely to just snap sideways.
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not that familiar with diffs but the way i understand it is that if you have a locked diff the driving wheels turn the same speed.

so if in a RWD car you are exiting a left corner the rear outer wheel wants to be moving faster or the inner wheel slower if you lock the diff this cant happen meaning that one of the wheels wont be working as it should causing oversteer.

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by chris_uk]
Ant B

19th Jan 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

share them settings please chris
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ant B
share them settings please chris

when im happy with them i will.
Ant B

19th Jan 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate i need a good setup
Paul_J

19th Jan 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Im not that familiar with diffs but the way i understand it is that if you have a locked diff the driving wheels turn the same speed.

so if in a RWD car you are exiting a left corner the rear outer wheel wants to be moving faster or the inner wheel slower if you lock the diff this cant happen meaning that one of the wheels wont be working as it should causing oversteer.

Well, we're not really talking about locked diffs here, these are LSD's ... so it's adjusting the point at which they 'lock'. Therefore you don't suffer the problems of a locked diff at low speeds with a LSD as it allows the wheels to turn independantly.

The acceleration sensativity, just changes at what point it goes from wheels operating seperately, to wheels being locked together. Having the wheels locked together helps get power down - as you can put more power through two wheels together, than sending it all to one.

The downside is that if both wheels are spinning up then you actually have no rear traction at all and thus the car will push sideways. If alternatively you have only 1 wheel spinning up, you'll still have the other wheel holding the road.

The perfect way to experience this (do you have a lsd on your vx?) is what my s2000 is like in the snow going uphill. As I go uphill the lsd transfers the power across both wheels (locks the diff) - but suddenly because both wheels spin up, I have no rear traction, so the car slides sideways / back down the hill.

If I didn't have a lsd, then all power would go to one wheel, which not ideal, would always have 1 wheel holding the road - I wouldn't go sideways, but wouldn't go forward much either.
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea thats what i meant, (no i dont have a LSD in the VX)

when i said locked i mean the lowest setting on the LSD acts like locked
Daveskater
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Am I the only one enjoying this track then? I'm enjoying driving this one, Its quite challenging in places and it can be hard to get a perfect lap but when you do it feels good!

My best time so far is 1'38.4

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Keep forgetting to post this so had better do it while I remember

Jamie - if I send you a car, can you copy it and then send it back to me and the other to Chris? Ta

you mean me?
Huh? Like we were saying the other day, I send Jamie the car, he copies it then sends me one back and sends the other to you
I can do this
Nice one mate, I'll send it to you tonight

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Too late for me, is ritman on here? I've never seen him post
Nah I asked what his CS username is and he said he hasn't got one, just comes on here to read this thread Needs to register tbh

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Butler

19th Jan 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing about CS races - knowing you arent going to get bummed at the start by cheating wankers
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Best thing about CS races - knowing you arent going to get bummed at the start by cheating wankers

Butler

19th Jan 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt get hit at the start on sunday and managed to make a few places! Was good fun!
webbo_23

19th Jan 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends whos online
Ryan

19th Jan 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler

Maybe not 'cheating wankers' but somebody has been 'balls deep' into me, on the first corner, in 2 out of the 3 races.

The last race on numerous occasions, so i rage quit.

<<  232    233    234    235    236    237    238  >>

New Poll