corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  231    232    233    234    235    236    237  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
Paul_J

User status: Offline
18th Jan 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just did 1:37.6
AK

18th Jan 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie - sorry about those shunts in the 1st race. Your lines are very different to mine :/
AK

18th Jan 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my best was a high 1:39 :/ cant get consistant laps on the go!

Really struggling to get heat into the rears too

After 10 laps my front were about 2/3rds worn and my rears still quite a dark blue
SportBoy

18th Jan 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my tyres were the same , its the corkscrew where im loosing shit loads of time, can be on pace or faster through the first couple of sectors , come out the corkscrew and im like 1sec+ down
Ryan

18th Jan 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
my tyres were the same , its the corkscrew where im loosing shit loads of time, can be on pace or faster through the first couple of sectors , come out the corkscrew and im like 1sec+ down

People are probably just flying over the gravel.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Just did 1:37.6

i did a 1'37.7.. but what did you get without cheating?

my best atm is 1'38.2

my set is a little better now ive actually concentrated on it lol doesnt snap oversteer now its very progressive, just need to get it to turn in slightly better now. but only slightly.

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by chris_uk]
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep forgetting to post this so had better do it while I remember

Jamie - if I send you a car, can you copy it and then send it back to me and the other to Chris? Ta

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater

Jamie - if I send you a car, can you copy it and then send it back to me and the other to Chris? Ta

you mean me?
Raymond_11

18th Jan 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should put the penalty's on so no one can cheat on sunday lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond_11
should put the penalty's on so no one can cheat on sunday lol

if it doesnt work on LOW it wont be on.

High is more or a problem than its worth tbh.
Mattb

18th Jan 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buggered if i know what im doing wrong - only managing 1.42 on seca.. i dont like the track anyway
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
buggered if i know what im doing wrong - only managing 1.42 on seca.. i dont like the track anyway

im with you there, ive never got on with seca, even tho the car is setup better im still not liking the track, i think maybe it'll have something to do with a lowish powered car driving up the hills of the track just makes it feel.. meh.. i find it doesnt flow very nice.

Im glad dave picked it tho, as otherwise i would never of thought about picking it, which is good because we all get to race and really try out the different tracks
SportBoy

18th Jan 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think its a decent track for a race , but i never liked it either. the back part of the track before the corkscrew seems to go on forever and i get confused which corners im at
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:

you mean me?
Huh? Like we were saying the other day, I send Jamie the car, he copies it then sends me one back and sends the other to you

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Mattb

18th Jan 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

im with you there, ive never got on with seca, even tho the car is setup better im still not liking the track, i think maybe it'll have something to do with a lowish powered car driving up the hills of the track just makes it feel.. meh.. i find it doesnt flow very nice.

Im glad dave picked it tho, as otherwise i would never of thought about picking it, which is good because we all get to race and really try out the different tracks

SS route 5 clubman could be a good shout after maybe

im repainting the mx5 - light blue is just a little boring i think - gone for Isotope green!
SportBoy

18th Jan 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only city tracks i like are tokoyo and rome , hate the others
Paul_J

18th Jan 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy

down to 2nd gear on turn in, then instantly into 3rd.... the downhill makes it accelerate so fast in gear and you don't waste time changing gear / losing momentum

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by Paul_J]
Paul_J

18th Jan 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thing is most people don't realise how much of a technical track seca is... It's ALL about carrying speed through corners and exiting fast.

If people just treat it all like normal corners, they'll lose the momentum and ultimately end up slow.

As such, you need a setup which turns in easily, but doesn't push wide on the exit of the bend. The trick with this is to have a low initial force on the LSD, low brake sensitivity and high accel sensitivity, with a suspension set up that is tending to want to oversteer.

When you turn in it may require trail braking to keep the front on line for the apex, but will pay off as you will exit a lot faster.

The hardest corner on the track imo is the one before the corkscrew... its a cambered left hander which has a blind apex and is very easy to run wide on or lose all speed, followed by an up hill... I find a quick flick in and I'm able to carry through it in 4th gear at over ~84 mph.

My times were 1:42, 1:39.9, 1:39.2,1:38.8,1:38.3,1:38.2, few more 1:38s....1:37.6
Ant B

18th Jan 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like the track at all i carnt get on with it like i have the others,im getting 1.48s lol and my car just seams very tail happy it drifts round most corners loseing time,i need to send it someone who has a good setup to do on mine,etheir way i wont do very well in the race.

the corner i find hardest is the first one as my car you brake and it just slides(carnt remember if its under or over steer)
and i also have no clue atall with the settings wich dosnt help
Butler

18th Jan 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best I can manage is 1.40, im really clueless when it comes to setting my car up though, cant seem to do anything that improves the car.
Butler

18th Jan 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is ritman? Sorry about nudging you off AGAIN in our race earlier at the start! I was on your inside but my tyres were cold so I was just understeering into you.
SportBoy

18th Jan 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a setup like chris's is what ive been using on page 199 or so, much less arse endy, i cant get on with it too oversteery , bloody nightmare on a pad.

can tell i like understeer, corsa turbo tfw

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by SportBoy]
SportBoy

18th Jan 11 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and allso first and last places are deffo the places to be starting on sundays race , first corner is gonna be chaos
Paul_J

18th Jan 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Best I can manage is 1.40, im really clueless when it comes to setting my car up though, cant seem to do anything that improves the car.

it's a good start to be honest.

Basically, depending on what is happening and how you want the car to be, you can adjust things.

e.g. the 2 sections that make the biggest difference are suspension and lsd (unless you have downforce / wing which can affect it quite a lot)...

The LSD settings is all about how you want the car to react on and off the power, as well as generally how stable you want the car.

The suspension settings are pot luck really in this game, but should determine how well you turn in / how stable the car is at speed and ultimately how much speed you can carry through a bend.

... For the LSD stuff:

If for instance, I find that under braking / turning in the car really wants to spin around, I need to increase the initial force on the LSD to counter it.
If the opposite happens and the car feels far too stable, understeery and doesn't want to turn in, I reduce the initial force on the LSD to counter it.

If when getting on the power out or through a bend the back end kicks out into oversteer I need to set the acceleration sensativity to high (this will send the power more to 1 wheel, rather than locking and sending to both = sideways) ... alternatively though, if you find you want the car to be more oversteer setting the acceleration sensativity to low will help you kick the back round when powering out of a corner.
Interesting I find that the more the rear wheels lock, the more it sometimes pushes the car out wide - thus on seca I'd have the sensativity high.

Finally you have the braking sensativity, the most useful part for me... This controls how the car reacts when you lift off or brake. I like lift off oversteer, so I set this number really low. Alternatively if you prefer a more stable car under braking or when lifting off set this number high.

- Tuning the LSD alone can make a huge difference.

The suspension / alignment settings are a bit odd in this game, but I find generally if you toe out the fronts (negative toe number) and toe out the rears (negative toe number) you will get more turn in / oversteer.

If you toe out the front (negative), toe in the rear (positive number) - then you'll get good turn in and more stable through the bend

and if you toe in the front (positive), toe in the rear (positive) you'll get a lot of understeer.

Ultimately though, it's all a case of trial and error ... change a few things and see how you find it.

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by Paul_J]
Jamie-C

18th Jan 11 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I the only one enjoying this track then? I'm enjoying driving this one, Its quite challenging in places and it can be hard to get a perfect lap but when you do it feels good!

My best time so far is 1'38.4

quote:
quote:
quote:

you mean me?
Huh? Like we were saying the other day, I send Jamie the car, he copies it then sends me one back and sends the other to you
I can do this

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Jamie - sorry about those shunts in the 1st race. Your lines are very different to mine :/
No worries, I might off been of the racing line due to cold tyres? Can't remember though, I didn't quit in a huff , there was no point continuing since it was only a 1 lap race

And I fixed my pedals WD40 ftw

<<  231    232    233    234    235    236    237  >>

New Poll