corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Juddering when cold but fine when warm?! NEED HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Juddering when cold but fine when warm?! NEED HELP!
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Sep 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

I have a small persistent problem with the car.

When the weather's cold the car doesn't start very well. It will judder and splutter, but give it 10 minutes when the car is warmed up and it drives fine again

It did it a bit in the spring when I first got the car so I serviced it including a spark plug change. The only things I didn't change were the HT leads.

I also put some STP injector and carb fuel treatment through the system and with the service as well, it seemed to improve...but the weather was getting better then too so it could have just been that?!

Obviously over the summer the car's been absolutely fine as the weather has been warmer but it's cold and wet this morning and so the car was all crappy until it got warmed up.

So for the first 10 mins or so every time I would pull out of a junction or try to accelerate the car would judder and splutter kind of like it was trying to stall.

And the engine management light isn't coming on so I'm hoping it isn't a huge problem?!

Oh and it did it before I drilled and derestricted my airbox so I don't think it's anything to do with that as my car doesn't have a MAF sensor.

It's a X14SZ engine by the way.

Someone help me pleeeeaaaaaaase!

MX5 Project Thread
Jake

29th Sep 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a similar problem with my car and its the distributer playing up

[Edited on 29-09-2010 by jake]
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th Sep 10 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that an easy or cheap fix?

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th Sep 10 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And is there anything else it might be?

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll