corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » a strange one....automatic choke or ICV maybe?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author a strange one....automatic choke or ICV maybe?
russb

User status: Offline
9th Mar 05 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i recently had a few idling problems and engine cutting out/not starting problems when it was warm, so i did some searching and realised it could be my EGR valve or my ICV so i took them both off blanked the EGR off and cleaned the ICV now once put back together engine started fine cut out instantly! so i thought hmmmmmmm BOLLLOX!

I then put my foot on the throttle immediatly after starting and it stayed on, i slowly took it off and it was idling poor at about 500-600 revs, this was when the engine was cold.......

so i took it for a drive, engine was now warm, it wasnt cutting out, it was starting fine once warm...BUT when warm it was idling at about 1200 revs....which is what it should do when cold? and it should be about 600 when warm?

so im wandering....can the ICV be put on the wrong way? and does it sound like the choke is in 'reverse'?!?!?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th Mar 05 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked the coolant temperature sensor?
PaulW

10th Mar 05 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even though you blocked the EGR, did you clean it first??

It still needs to work, even when it is blocked off!
topshot_2k
Banned

10th Mar 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt matter what way icv goes in i believe, should idle between 600 and 1500rpm as the MOT sheet sez, but i think they should be about 750-850rpm.
russb

10th Mar 05 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i did clean it before i blocked it off! and the coolant temperature sensor, my temp on my dash is showing fine...but where is it on the engine? i may hav look at it!
Kerry

10th Mar 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM maybe??

try squirting carb cleaner down the inlet while the engine is running and also while u are reving it to draw it in. works a treat
Kerry

10th Mar 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also try resetting the ecu
russb

10th Mar 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

afm....air flow meter?

if so where is that? and i will try spraying some carb cleaner down the inlet ...and ressetting my ECU

New Poll