corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles.
Ben G

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is it with these cocks? they seem to have a mobile phone permanently glued to their earholes...

seen a porsche this morning swerving all over the place, pulling into the overtaking lanes and then indicating when he's already pulled off half the manouver. this, on a dual carriageway with a 70mph limit.

you'd think these people could afford a 50 quid bluetooth headset or have it integrated in their cars already.

mostly expensive cars i see doing it aswell, really don't understand it.

Jambo

23rd Sep 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see loads of people doing it in all makes/models of cars.
Ben G

23rd Sep 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's mostly people in mercs/audi's/bmw's on my travels down the A13 to/from work.
Nath

23rd Sep 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mostly van drivers I see doing this.
nathy_87

23rd Sep 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'[ve seen posh twats doing this really bugs me. If they look i give them the wanker sign, and tehy just stare while I drive off. I fucking hate it, they have all that money and can't be arsed spending a few extra to get a hands free kit, they should be fitted as standard tbh.
Andrew

23rd Sep 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

DaveyLC

23rd Sep 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Yep! I'm sure white van drivers have got their hands glued to their face?
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knwo someone with a black X type who does this all the time, constantly on the phone on speaker but holding the phone; I see him every day, He's a proper twat as well..............
sc0ott

23rd Sep 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the whole time you have been driving Ben G you have NEVER used a mobile whilst behind the wheel?
Ben G

23rd Sep 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course i have, but when i had a FIESTA that had bluetooth installed i didn't.

if i need to use my mobile i put it on loudspeaker and put it on my lap/passenger seat and talk, don't need it up to my ear.

you cannot tell me they don't have loudspeaker on their phones/don't have bluetooth installed on their expensive motors when a 10k fiesta had it.
DaveyLC

23rd Sep 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why the fact its a Fiesta makes it any better?
chrisritch

23rd Sep 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here we go...
sc0ott

23rd Sep 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whether the phone is against your ear, or on your lap on loudspeaker youre still using the mobile phone which is still against the law. You have to answer the thing / press a few buttons for loudspeaker when it rings anyway.

So technically you are one of those 'cocks'. You just dont have the prestige/luxury car to be a 'cock' in.
K2 GTi

23rd Sep 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it on loudspeaker and on my lap.. The button pressing the answer the call is the same as changing a track on a CD player....
sc0ott

23rd Sep 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i couldnt care who uses their phone because ive done it before which ill admit. But it would make me a hyprocrite to rant on about how others use their phones whilst driving because they do it more in a noticeable way than me.
BarnshaW

23rd Sep 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do it from time to time, i send the occasional text as well, i dont see it as any less distracting then someone playing with a sat nav or their stereo so dont really give a shit tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 10 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people could control the car while doing it, I would have no real objection. Problem is that it does turn those people in to TERRIBLE drivers.

Normally if you're behind someone and they're all over the place and not keeping a constant speed, when you pass they will be on the phone. You can tell it a mile off and it's dangerous and annoying to other road users who have to change their speed or alter their path because that guy isn't concentrating.

Talking on a speaker-phone with the phone in your hand is a particular hate of mine. Like that somehow makes it better than holding it to your ear? Rather annoying.
Jambo

23rd Sep 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The law is handsfree, using the phone on loud speaker and not attached securely to the dashboard is braking the law as you have to touch the phone to use it. Thus making you a "cock" without the prestige car which makes you a "jealous cock"

Plus my M3 didn't have Bluetooth as it was an option regardless to the fact it cost more than the fiesta.

Secure it to the dash with a cradle, use a Bluetooth speaker phone or headset or pre installed car kit. That is legal, nothing else is
Graham88

23rd Sep 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parrot ftw
psycho sport

23rd Sep 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I speak on my phone whilst driving from time to time. I drive an auto and normaly drive only using one hand even when i m not on the phone. I seem to be able to drive normally whilst doing this. Although i find going on facebook on the blackberry a little bit of a bitch and also texting. So now i dont bother, cant be taking eyes off the road for that long!

[Edited on 23-09-2010 by psycho sport]
Graham88

23rd Sep 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll reply to a text if it's really important, or when it's safe to do so at least (at lights). Too many Police about these days and with an iPhone it's bloody hard work lol
A2H GO

23rd Sep 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My iPhone gets plugged into the USB cable connected to the radio and sat in the slot infront of the clock on the clio. When it rings, i put it on loudspeaker, takes about as long as changing the track playing on the same device, which is not illegal.

Plus, you look more of a cock with one of those tusks sticking out your ear.
Mobby

23rd Sep 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you see the link?? expensive cars = success, success = being busy
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 10 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calls are OK just not holding the phone or driving badly.
sc0ott

23rd Sep 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the conclusion is, this rant is just FAIL.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles. 22 database queries in 0.1149371 seconds