corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Sep 10 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
swerving all over the place, pulling into the overtaking lanes and then indicating when he's already pulled off half the manouver.

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
So the conclusion is, this rant is just FAIL.
Not at all. It causes people to drive badly.
sc0ott

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You obviously dont get the point of this thread so let me recap.
If you want to rant about something you see others doing when you do it yourself, then that to me is pointless rant, = fail.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw one of the new Maserati's with a fella texting in traffic, he nearly drove into the car in front cos his text was obviously far more important

My car means there's no point answering the phone because I can't hear the thing anyway
mar_cus

23rd Sep 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just read this thread at home and agreed that mojority of drivers that use their phones are in the prestige cars...now on the way to work I've seen a porsche pulled up with the guy on the fone and it made me laugh knowing this debate is going on!!!
Ben G

23rd Sep 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you want to rant about something you see others doing when you do it yourself, then that to me is pointless rant, = fail.

i don't hold the phone to my ear whilst driving, so how am i doing what they do? i touch the screen once to put it on loudspeaker then put the phone on my lap/passenger seat giving me full use of both hands.

please tell me how that's any different to changing radio station/turning heaters up/down or even changing gear?

you seem to just want to have an e-fight. i'm not interested, so bye
Ben G

23rd Sep 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
The law is handsfree, using the phone on loud speaker and not attached securely to the dashboard is braking the law as you have to touch the phone to use it. Thus making you a "cock" without the prestige car which makes you a "jealous cock"

i've done the expensive car thing jambo, you know that. wasn't for me, i'm quite conservative with money usually so when i got the focus it was completely out of character for me. i could afford a nice motor but choose not too because i prefer putting money into my house which will probably appreciate rather than depreciate, like almost all motors.
sc0ott

24th Sep 10 at 05:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i don't hold the phone to my ear whilst driving, so how am i doing what they do? i touch the screen once to put it on loudspeaker then put the phone on my lap/passenger seat giving me full use of both hands.

please tell me how that's any different to changing radio station/turning heaters up/down or even changing gear?

If you read what i said you would see i made the point of you doi g what they do but in a less 'noticeable' way.

Because i disagree with your point that makes me looking for a fight
Did you expect everyone to jump on your bandwagon because thats what youre basically saying.

Say you were on a dual carriageway and an unmarked policecar slowly drove past on the fast lane. If they say you pick up your phone and then press a few buttons you would be pulled without a doubt. But then if you saw a marked police car pull along i can bet you your house you would let your phone ring till they passed.

Youre still using your phone without a handsfree kit, making it illegal and making you a cock.

[Edited on 24-09-2010 by sc0ott]
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 05:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once saw a bloke overtake me on the M4 holding his phone with his right hand, and had his left arm draped over the passenger seat
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 05:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I'm a van driver, and I've got a built in hands free kit, so if I need to ring anyone at work I use the company phone
A2H GO

24th Sep 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your iPhone is in a holder, say connected to the windscreen and locked (as most do after 10/20/30 seconds).

You want to change the track you're listening to, you slide to unlock and one button press to skip track.

Or

The phone rings, you slide to answer and one button press to put on loud speaker.

The same action, yet one makes you a cock and one doesn't?

Also, one is illegal and one isnt
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't everyone still take calls when driving?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

24th Sep 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

If you read what i said you would see i made the point of you doi g what they do but in a less 'noticeable' way.

Because i disagree with your point that makes me looking for a fight
Did you expect everyone to jump on your bandwagon because thats what youre basically saying.

Say you were on a dual carriageway and an unmarked policecar slowly drove past on the fast lane. If they say you pick up your phone and then press a few buttons you would be pulled without a doubt. But then if you saw a marked police car pull along i can bet you your house you would let your phone ring till they passed.

Youre still using your phone without a handsfree kit, making it illegal and making you a cock.

[Edited on 24-09-2010 by sc0ott]

ah well i'm sure you'll get over it scoott.

don't see the difference between me pressing 1 button on a phone and changing track on the cd player, but if you want to rant aswell then you can, i don't mind.
sc0ott

24th Sep 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And im sure one day you will stop being a hypocrite.
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

24th Sep 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do it sometimes where I feel it's safe to do so. If I get caught it's my own fault.

Don't mean to start an argument but when did a Focus become an expensive car? Thought that was the average price for a normal car these days.
sc0ott

24th Sep 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
If your iPhone is in a holder, say connected to the windscreen and locked (as most do after 10/20/30 seconds).

You want to change the track you're listening to, you slide to unlock and one button press to skip track.

Or

The phone rings, you slide to answer and one button press to put on loud speaker.

The same action, yet one makes you a cock and one doesn't?

Also, one is illegal and one isnt

Assuming everyone has iphones

Youve missed the fact he has admitted to using his phone whilst driving and just because he NOW puts it on loudspeaker on his knee doesnt mean that makes it ok to rant on / insult other people he sees doing what he has done in the past.
bally2010
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1_Litre_Porsche_Beater
I do it sometimes where I feel it's safe to do so. If I get caught it's my own fault.

Don't mean to start an argument but when did a Focus become an expensive car? Thought that was the average price for a normal car these days.

look at you all bitching about using phones whilst driving

to be honest everyone on here would not be able to say ohh i never have used a phone whilst driving i used to do it on my motorbike no hands free kit just stick it inside helmet when ive answered it

also you are all talking about a focus being a cheap average car its a focus st isnt it ??

so in my opinion a focus st is infact worth more money than a corsa a fiesta a astra etc and infact around the same price as some mercs audis and bmws

only diffrence is the suit and tie gimmic all prestige car drivers are total and utter wankers i own a corsa and i bid u a good day

[Edited on 24-09-2010 by bally2010]
sc0ott

24th Sep 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try reading the posts within this thread before you come in here with your guns blazing.
NOT everyone is bitching about using phones and NOT everyone has even mentioned the focus, apart from 2 people.
bally2010
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just stating what i think in my opinions is good thankyou good night
sc0ott

24th Sep 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That makes no sense what so ever.
mwg

24th Sep 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

yep
antnee

24th Sep 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy a BT headunit, job done.
alan-g-w

24th Sep 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

yep

make that three, as long as you're sensible it's easy enough.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be more suprised if people could claim hand on heart they haven't used their phone in the car ha!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
BarnshaW

24th Sep 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a mate who is a delivery driver and he quite often gets a KFC on the job and i have seen him driving the van with a zinger tower in one hand and his pepsi in the other steering with his knees, i did ask him how he would explain that one to the police if he was caught
alan-g-w

24th Sep 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i have a mate who is a delivery driver and he quite often gets a KFC on the job and i have seen him driving the van with a zinger tower in one hand and his pepsi in the other steering with his knees, i did ask him how he would explain that one to the police if he was caught

made harder if his mouth was full of chicken as well

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles. 23 database queries in 0.1053860 seconds