corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » New Build, Site Development Question

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Build, Site Development Question
AlunJ

User status: Offline
27th Jan 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheeky tw@ts!
Twiggy

27th Jan 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They must have been in your garden doing that!
Dan
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anything in the contract when you purchased the house that they could do it? If not id be ringing the police etc

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
JohnnyR

27th Jan 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the responses...

Just sent an email stating my unhappiness and that I would be seeking legal advice on the matter. I also said that I expect a resolution by the end of tomorrow (Friday) otherwise I will look to remove the intrusive materials asap (at the weekend).

As said, they quite clearly need it and the way they have dealt with the situation is unacceptable, so hopefully they will make it worth my while.

I'll keep you updated.
Jules S
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Builders heh?

They ask nicely (presumably you said no after they said no to your requests for freebies?) and they go ahead anyway

It's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. See all that infrastructure in the background? they pay for that and every week they are delayed will cost them *roughly* a couple of grand.

Hats off for you for trying, but I dont think you will get anywhere. By the time you have wasted money talking to a solicitor and them getting any sort of letter drafted the scaffold will have gone anyway.

There will almost certainly be some sort of clause in your sale agreement which allows them limited access across your property to facilitate progression of the remaining works.

Dont waste anymore time stressing about this, the scaffold will be gone before you know it

Make sure you get some detailed photos of any damage and ensure they put it right before they bugger off though
Twiggy

28th Jan 11 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cover the scafold in tar and grease so its a twat to remove!
Simon

28th Jan 11 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anti-climb paint
Twiggy

8th Feb 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT

Update?
charcoalgrill

8th Feb 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might be the only one here, but I dont see why you wouldnt let them have access? Arrange for them to rebuild the wall and put right your garden, and ask for a financial compensation.

Although as the pic is now, its trespass. Which isnt a criminal issue so the police won't want to know, but you should speak to them, and if they arent helpful, inform them that you will seek legal advice.
spencer88

10th Feb 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simply remove the scaffold in your garden and return it to them, no laws are being broken by you then!
Edd

12th Feb 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happened with this?
Twiggy

20th Feb 11 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this
Cardiac Kid

20th Feb 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously, why be awkward? Judging from the photo, you'll need a days work, if that, to put back to good, any damage.
Just let them get on with it, it'll be gone once the gables are topped out.
Cardiac Kid

20th Feb 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by charcoalgrill
I might be the only one here, but I dont see why you wouldnt let them have access? Arrange for them to rebuild the wall and put right your garden, and ask for a financial compensation.

Although as the pic is now, its trespass. Which isnt a criminal issue so the police won't want to know, but you should speak to them, and if they arent helpful, inform them that you will seek legal advice.

He won't get anywhere, see this day in day out, the builders are actually allowed to gain access for the period that they are located onsite, and all the plots are finished and handed over to sales/maintenance team.

They were just being polite about the issue, by asking him, when really they can just 'do' aslong as they restore the property to it's original state. However, if they don't replace it, that's when they're breaking the agreement and then you can seek legal advice.
JohnnyR

7th Mar 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was being 'awkward', due to how the matter was dealt with, it was very unprofessional and no consideration for us what so ever. Especially considering that such things as replacing some door handles and other little jobs such as repairing some damage caused by a leaky pipe, took them 15 months to sort after I first raised them on the snagging list before I moved in! (thats another issue altogether though) So it was almost like they were taking the piss slightly, coming and going as they please. Petty it may seem, but very annoying nevertheless.

Anyway, the outcome of this was that they apologised and agreed to do us some additional work, tarmacking an area at the front of our house which gives us an extra bit of parking which is good as well as some other bits and bobs.

The scaffold was up for about 4 weeks in total, and so much for putting everything back as it was. There wasn't much to put back to be fair, but the mess they left afterwards was ridiculous, it's almost like they made mess for the sake of it. If it wasn't for me ringing up to mention it, it would have never have been cleared.

Anyway, the point of all this is, just a bit of common courtesy and consideration for their 'customers' would have gone a long long way, but as there was nothing like that what so ever, it aggravated me a little, as I'm sure it would most people.

[Edited on 07-03-2011 by JohnnyR]
Shrek

16th Mar 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its all done and dusted now but wouldn't they have had to hop your fence and trespass to put that scaffolding up? If so that would have pissed me off the most i think.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll