corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: 993 C4S

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: 993 C4S
BluKoo

User status: Offline
5th Sep 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
tel us more about the 340r, seen it in a few detials now

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they're storing it for a customer. Its been detailed in the past too.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74617
BarnshaW

5th Sep 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sun gun for streaks
Minty_Fresh

5th Sep 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying the cars not clean because its obvious that it is, but my gosh the pictures/setting gives it the edge..

pm'd sent.
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
sun gun for streaks

and at £350 for the gun and £40 per bulb its a very excessive amount for what most people use just a normal light. Really dont understand that.
Eck
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
i get it but this is just a wash, valet and wax is it not?

all be it a good one.

For a man who lives off of his wifes wages, you sure are a snobby bastard aren't you Ben? That's all it is really. A damn good clean and wax, but that's all that was.
BluKoo

5th Sep 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
sun gun for streaks

and at £350 for the gun and £40 per bulb its a very excessive amount for what most people use just a normal light. Really dont understand that.

Did you even read what I said about the sun guns earlier?

"They get used to inspect the paintwork during correction stages too so its not over the top, they're just making use of what they have."

[Edited on 05-09-2010 by BluKoo]
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:

all be it a good one.

For a man who lives off of his wifes wages, you sure are a snobby bastard aren't you Ben? That's all it is really. A damn good clean and wax, but that's all that was.

PMSL. Yeah, you are right, I'm living off my wifes wages at the moment. I'm a full time Dad. Not for long though. But WTF has that got to do with detailing?
Colin

6th Sep 10 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WoW top work!! I'd love something like that sat in the garage for taking out on nice summers days
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
WoW top work!! I'd love something like that sat in the garage for taking out on nice summers days

I was thinking the same. If I can manage to ge a company car with my next job. Sell the VXR. Buy something a bit special for weekends etc.
Colin

6th Sep 10 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

I was thinking the same. If I can manage to ge a company car with my next job. Sell the VXR. Buy something a bit special for weekends etc.

I think in 18-24 months time Jade will be taking ownership of the RS & we'll sell the Mini & buy something like that - boys toy!!
Joe-Tait

6th Sep 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Class job there
Eck
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:

all be it a good one.

PMSL. Yeah, you are right, I'm living off my wifes wages at the moment. I'm a full time Dad. Not for long though. But WTF has that got to do with detailing?

It's nothing to do with detailing. It's to do with your stinking attitude towards anyone who doesn't appreciate detailing like you do. You have a pretty high horse for a kept man.
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:

all be it a good one.

It's nothing to do with detailing. It's to do with your stinking attitude towards anyone who doesn't appreciate detailing like you do. You have a pretty high horse for a kept man.

Stinking attitude??? - I just respond to people who have a stinking attitude towards detailing. Because they don't understand it in most cases they think its a waste of money etc. and ridicule it. Ignorant atitude tbh. I fully accept its not for everyone but its whatever floats your boat.

And again, what has me being a "kept man" as you put it got to do with anything. So I can't have an opinion because my wife is the major breadwinner in our house and at the mo I stay at home and look after our son? Its the 21st century mate. Days of men going to work and women staying at home are long gone.

I still don't see where our income comes from has anything to do with this at all?

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by Ben J]
Eck
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's irony Ben. It really has nothing to do with your opinion... But you seem to think ANYONE who doesn't appreciate detailing knows nothing about it Why? Just accept it's not for everyone. I too wouldn't spend hundreds on a glorified car wash unless I had an extremely special car.
BarnshaW

6th Sep 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well actually ben, you were the first to mention about peoples personal circumstances when you said

"I suppose if you have no clue about detailing, and can't afford a proper detail...then this stuff may seem a good idea."

so what does someones own personal earning have to do with their opinion on detailing, contradicting yourself really arent you?
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
It's irony Ben. It really has nothing to do with your opinion... But you seem to think ANYONE who doesn't appreciate detailing knows nothing about it Why? Just accept it's not for everyone. I too wouldn't spend hundreds on a glorified car wash unless I had an extremely special car.

No...I think that most of the people on here that ridicule detailing don't understand it. Not everyone. I can accept that its not for everyone, as I put in my previous post.

Eck
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then explain your reasoning for the point Barnshaw made?
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well actually ben, you were the first to mention about peoples personal circumstances when you said

"I suppose if you have no clue about detailing, and can't afford a proper detail...then this stuff may seem a good idea."

so what does someones own personal earning have to do with their opinion on detailing, contradicting yourself really arent you?

Nope, because if you can't afford a proper detail and/or premium product (which is fair enough because its expensive) then the Car Plan range may appeal. Simples.

I still think its crap stuff. I wouldn't touch it. But then some guys on here are 16-17 year olds on minimum wage so they won't be buying £80 waxes etc etc

BarnshaW

6th Sep 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry Ben, not all of us spend approx 5% of our cars actual value on one "detail"
BluKoo

6th Sep 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest i think that comment explains itself and it perfectly valid.

It could have been worded a little better, but all in all that comment describes the taget audience for that demon shine (assuming thats what the comment was in reference to).
Eck
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Nope, because if you can't afford a proper detail and/or premium product (which is fair enough because its expensive) then the Car Plan range may appeal. Simples.

That's not quite how it's said Someone who isn't in a financial situation that could accomodate such an expensive service doesn't have the right to an opinion... How it comes across anyway!
BluKoo

6th Sep 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sorry Ben, not all of us spend approx 5% of our cars actual value on one "detail"

Just because you don't, it does mean its wrong or others don't. Afterall, its a multi million pound industry.
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its quite alot less than 5% tbh.

And as i've mentioned a million times before...I used some of the insurance payout for my injuries from my accident to pay for my full correction detail. I did it once. Its not like i'm doing it every month?

But tbh when I get a new car, i'd do it again.
Ben J

6th Sep 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:

That's not quite how it's said Someone who isn't in a financial situation that could accomodate such an expensive service doesn't have the right to an opinion... How it comes across anyway!

Doesn't mention or refer to "opinion" in any way?

Admit it could have been worded better.

BarnshaW

6th Sep 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really more then 5% is it? detail was roughly 500 quid or so i remember you saying.

it is a multi million pound industry, i am sure Car Plan is also a multi million pound campany though

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: 993 C4S 22 database queries in 0.2097440 seconds