corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phone contract n00b question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone contract n00b question
Aaron

User status: Offline
9th Aug 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My phone contract is coming to an end (it ends on September 13th), and i want to bin T-Mobile all together and move onto a different company. The reason for this is because i was pretty much duped into renewing my contract 18 months ago (its a long and boring story, so i wont go into it)

After speaking to some tart at T-Mobile today (and she got a bit arsey with me when i pressed her on what offer she can make me for a new deal), she claims that i HAVE to give a months notice when i want to end my contract. I said to her "well, can i just give you my notice now then, because i want to cancel?". She said "if you give your notice now, you'll have to pay a charge".

Anyway, i guess i'll have to give this notice on August 13th? (thus giving the required one month notice)

On a side note, i'm after a Blackberry, with 300 minutes or more (more isnt really needed, as i hardly ever use my phone for talking on ), as many texts as possible, and also "unlimited" ( ) data for e mails and web browsing. Anyone know of any decent deals?
John

9th Aug 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do have to give the months notice, I always get caught out apart from this year.

O2 weren't interested in keeping me either, so I've moved to T-Mobile

Just search google for the phone you want and contract, Blackberry's are crap though.
Aaron

9th Aug 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, i'm open to suggestions on a handset.

I dont want an iPhone though.

I'll need a handset good for web browsing and sending and taking e mails (exchange client would be ace)
John

9th Aug 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Desire.

Blackberry email is outdated these days, nearly everything goes straight to exchange these days and blackberry still want you to go via them.

Android and symbian will do exchange for you, android is probably better than nokia for that though.
Aaron

9th Aug 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, i've heard a lot about the Desire. Thing is though, i'm a bit of a tight bastard when it comes to phones...and i dont like spending a lot (typical Yorkshireman tbh).

I'm looking to spend no more then £25 (ideally....£20 per month).

I'll see whats knocking about, and then start to haggle

[Edited on 09-08-2010 by Aaron]
John

9th Aug 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be able to get something else with Android on it for that, Desire is just top of the pile atm.

Exchange integration is good and as you'd expect, gmail integration is even better.
Dom

9th Aug 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HTC Wildfire, T-mobile Pulse can be had for that sort of cash. If you still want a Blackberry then Virgin have got some alright deals going.
pow
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wildfire then, get them on Voda on £25 a month contracts.

New Poll