corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » contract phone related question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author contract phone related question
bigD21

User status: Offline
1st Jun 08 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an 18 month contract with Orange, used about 4 months of it or so. I didnt take out the insurance etc because I have a couple of spare phones lying around that I could use if I broke the current phone.

Anyway, I lost my phone. I've tried calling it, the first few times it just rung out and now its straight to voicemail so Im assuming someone has found it. Im going to report it to Orange first thing on monday morning but my question is...what happens if the person uses my phone to use my allowance, run up a large bill etc. Would I stil be liable to pay for this?
loubielou

1st Jun 08 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should tell orange that you have lost your phone, they will cut off that simcard and send you out another one.

You might have lost it and the battery hasjust died?

Either way, call them up and they will get a new one sent out to you
bigD21

1st Jun 08 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah maybe the battery has died, but its just one of several possible outcomes.

What happens though if someone does have my phone though and they say download 10 games, call premium rate line etc...will Orange still charge me for this?
loubielou

1st Jun 08 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure. if you lost it then they will probably see it as your fault so might make you pay. but if you can prove you didnt have the phone then they might be able to do something
Brett
Premium Member

1st Jun 08 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see why you didn't phone them and get it blocked straight away? They're probably quite within their rights to charge you because you failed to notify them.
Mark1984_SRI

1st Jun 08 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are liable for the costs up until you notify them, if you don't get in touch, they're not to know that it's not you using it, and would therefore charge accordingly... Get the phone blacklisted, get yourself a new simcard and get your sim swap sorted, job done.
ed

1st Jun 08 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I can't see why you didn't phone them and get it blocked straight away? They're probably quite within their rights to charge you because you failed to notify them.
Planty02

1st Jun 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some networks give you a time limit (i.e. if you report it with 24hrs of loss/theft then you dont pay for it) Not 100% sure though, was a long time ago when I heard that
Jambo

1st Jun 08 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Notify them asap it needs to be done within 24hrs, and youll need a lost propert reference from the police

New Poll