corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1970 Vauxhall Viva HB

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1970 Vauxhall Viva HB
wilson_sri

User status: Offline
16th Oct 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant, really want one now. lol
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Oct 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, exhaust is now off giving me alot more clearance, looking at air for it!

Wilson I'm looking for a cheap sr or gsi or gte nova if you know of any for road rallies?
Gary
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you need some info on air for it give me a PM

I run www.gasworksair.co.uk
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheer, ill contact you next year when im gona be looking at doing it.
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 00:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been quiet on this for a while for various reasons but been working silly hours due to a painter leaving, has ment i have been buying more toys though and getting that ready.

First for this car i bought the following:

A Sub:

Some speakers that im gona make some custom builds in the front under the dash:

A Sub box, something a bit different, will mount a box inside this to get a good sound:

I also have a amp and full wiring kit from years ago that will be used and want to find a new headunit that looks like a really old skool one but with a i pod connection.

Also still not 100% certain what im doing with the interior yet but either way i think im gona be going with a black carpet so bought some of this:

Now the exhaust, If you were in Belguim you will know that it was blowing just a tad
Found the culprit was a totally collapsed exhaust gasket so got a new one and then thought, why not just make my self a whole new exhaust system so it will be a bit nicer sound and also sort out clearance issues on the boxes, so there going and having just one pipe tucked up over the rear axle.

So i bought some pipe, 3 meters to be precise:

A pipe expander for some joins so its easier to remove:

Havent decided on a back box yet but will just get one that can fit from a car and that is cheap, then make the tailpipe down turned so you cant really see it.

Also the front is coming down more once this is all done and then paint the front end again for next year and then hit the shows hard as only went to VAGOPEL this year.

Also i will update another thread soon but its another toy (track/rally car corsa)
BeetleGav

23rd Nov 10 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sisters fella has an old suitcase with two speakers mounted in them. looks ace and the sound quality aint half bad. has it on a long length of wire so when it goes to shows it can sit outside the van. proper good idea
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A sub? Custom speaker enclosures? My estimations of this thing have gone way down!

Each to their own I guess
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need at least some kind of music in there. Not as if I'm big with it. You won't see any of it. Head unit is even hidden.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't hack any of the original interior up

Pissy engine not annoying you yet?

Tempted for rover V8 yet?
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not hacking it up.

Not really. It will sit at 70mph easily and with a type 9 ford box I have will be geared to about 85mph so that's fine. Any V8 would be alot of work and really not worth it imo.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sound alone would make it worth it!

Get an early carbed one in there! Nice steady 150bhp
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Dec 10 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a new steering wheel, try to sort a boss out for it now as they dont make them anymore

Sean

5th Dec 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found this on ebay love this car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-HB-VIVA-SL-2-Door-EXCELLENT-/280596867273?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4154e068c9
Graeme
Premium Member

6th Dec 10 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i want the bumper overriders from that and the interior is mint.
Graeme
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a bit bored today so drove the car into my backgarden as you do and took some pics. Want to the front down still a bit more and sort some kind of splitter out for it so it looks a bit better on the front.

Just a few pics, didnt clean it as im gona do that tommorow morning before i go to a meet but i waxed it a few weeks ago and seems to be holding up very niceley.

Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice, more angles needed though lol
Minty_Fresh

26th Jun 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any side pictures?

how about the small mk1 duckbill splitter? subtle (not the gti one)
Jed D

26th Jun 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a really good looking car, dont know much about them, but thats very good

think you'll do a engine conversion eventually? think a nice size 8v would be good in that
Graeme
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
nice, more angles needed though lol

i have some but looked a bit crap, my garden is on a slope so looked a bit cack, wana go out some time soon and get some decent pics of it.
Graeme
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Minty_Fresh
any side pictures?

how about the small mk1 duckbill splitter? subtle (not the gti one)

yeah i was thinking bout that but its not the right shape or size.

think im gona make a wooden one and then use that as a mould.
Graeme
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy

think you'll do a engine conversion eventually? think a nice size 8v would be good in that

looking into a few things if i keep it. But the 1600 and 1800 engines go pretty cheap, one of those with a supercharger on would be nice
Jed D

27th Jun 11 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
quote:
Originally posted by JedDy

looking into a few things if i keep it. But the 1600 and 1800 engines go pretty cheap, one of those with a supercharger on would be nice

would be ideal, port and polished head with a metal cam and a good few polished and stainless goodies would look ace in your bay
pics of the bay at the mo....?
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Jul 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the latest pics from VBOA and Retro Car Show.

Front has been lowered a bit more now but still want it lower with the front crossmember sitting more into the engine bay and the front valance sitting down more.

[Edited on 17-07-2011 by Graeme]
gez bay

17th Jul 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kieran
Premium Member

17th Jul 11 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love this car soooooo much!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1970 Vauxhall Viva HB 23 database queries in 0.1963229 seconds