corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » THE IPHONE 4 ANTENNA

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author THE IPHONE 4 ANTENNA
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
9th Jul 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well he has a point, the thread is not called the "Iphone problem thread" who is going to want to troll through all the pages looking for a particular problem, stop being so pedantic and an arse as usual.
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going to answer his question then?
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but i am not going to be a complete idiot about it and tell him to look in a 40 page thread for the answer.

I fail to see why a genuine post with a genuine question being raised annoys you so much, maybe get out in the sun a bit more.
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the latter pages in that 40 page thread are ALL ABOUT the question he is asking. Loads of people giving their opinions about their own experience with the antenna issues - again, EXACTLY what he was asking.

No need for a new thread when that is still live and full of answers for him.
ed

9th Jul 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He could have just asked his questions in there. Would have added to the discussion, that's how forums work.
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so going by that why is there multiple threads in sports day you post in for fixtures etc? why not just have one big thread in there? cant have it both ways cosmoan.
Nath

9th Jul 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
so going by that why is there multiple threads in sports day you post in for fixtures etc? why not just have one big thread in there? cant have it both ways cosmoan.

The phone is the same, the fixtures aren't.
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What the fuck are you on about you tool?

Fixtures are different, i.e. Liverpool playing United one week will be totally different to Liverpool playing West Ham the next. Different players, different formations, different things riding on the game, different incidents, different result, etc. etc.

Where as the antenna on the Iphone 4 is the same on them all - his wont be unique and therefore different to the ones people have posted about in the big thread.
BarnshaW

so? you could have a thread called "football fixturtes" would that not cover the whole topic nathan o dell?
BarnshaW

read above post cosmo
Nath

quote:
so? you could have a thread called "football fixturtes" would that not cover the whole topic nathan o dell?

Give up Michael Barnshaw.
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You mean like the big thread we have for the WC?

And the ONE we have a weekend for all games unless its a big match?
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give up what? you guys are contradicting yourselves and being hypocrites.
Nath

9th Jul 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
give up what? you guys are contradicting yourselves and being hypocrites.

Give up Barney.
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No we arent, one thing changes the other doesnt.

What you're suggesting is like telling Ian we should only have one thread about Corsa problems no matter WHAT the issue is.
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

what about the separate threads for individual games? do you want me to link you to the threads? I dont see you complaining on there for them? one rule for one and one for another really isnt it.
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

what about the separate threads for individual games? do you want me to link you to the threads? I dont see you complaining on there for them? one rule for one and one for another really isnt it.

Can you not read - see my bit in bold.

The only times we have separate threads is if its a big match or if its the only game that day.
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you failed to answer my question properly, you said there is one big thread for WC, however there is individual threads on WC games, so why dont you complaint about them?
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you failed to answer my question properly, you said there is one big thread for WC, however there is individual threads on WC games, so why dont you complaint about them?

How exactly is putting in bold 'unless it is a big game' not answering your question?

Do you not understand that simple statement?
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because you put that after "And the ONE we have a weekend for all games" referring to weekly fixtures. This is not in reference to the world cup.

also in any case why cant you post every post under a thread named "football" then if you get so upset with seeing all these new posts.
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
because you put that after "And the ONE we have a weekend for all games" referring to weekly fixtures. This is not in reference to the world cup.

also in any case why cant you post every post under a thread named "football" then if you get so upset with seeing all these new posts.

Ive explained your second point - each fixture is different, millions of different things change. Where as what he posted was EXACTLY the same as that other thread. Not even a slight variation. Not one.

And Im sorry you failed to understand a basic statement which appeared to confuse you so much.
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its okay to have different threads for football when its slightly different but you have to have a 40 page thread on iphones to look through all the indivudual posts? even a complete moron can see thats not going to be the easiest or most logical solution.

Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so its okay to have different threads for football when its slightly different but you have to have a 40 page thread on iphones to look through all the indivudual posts? even a complete moron can see thats not going to be the easiest or most logical solution.

Are you actually so stupid to not see the difference?

Now even though this is the 3rd time Im repeating this, hopefully this time it'll get through to you. All football games are different, and a million different things can change from one to the next (not slightly different as you put it). Thats why we have a thread for a weekends worth of fixtures, and sometimes the odd individual thread for the bigger, more popular games.

This thread however is no different to the big one. He asked what has been posted in there a million times. Its like someone starting a thread for a Liverpool vs United games when just a few threads down we have a popular Liverpool vs United discussion going on.
BarnshaW

9th Jul 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there could be a million different things dicussed about the iphone though? Anyway in anycase last time i checked you was not a moderator and this thread has been up a while now and not trashed or moved so I guess they have decided it was OK. Based on that basis i would just ignore them in future if you narks you off that much to post in them
Cosmo

9th Jul 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
there could be a million different things dicussed about the iphone though? Anyway in anycase last time i checked you was not a moderator and this thread has been up a while now and not trashed or moved so I guess they have decided it was OK. Based on that basis i would just ignore them in future if you narks you off that much to post in them

Yes their could be a million different things to discuss about the iphone, but in this case its the same as whats being posted in there - hence why we said to go in to that thread.

Now if it had been a totally new question then yeah I could understand this thread to some degree (although probably get a better and quicker answer in the big thread).

And you're right Im not a moderator, but even so this is a discussion forum and I have an opinion which is the whole basis of what makes these things work.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll