corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 points
Andrew

User status: Offline
19th Jun 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think my phone will be getting switched off when in the car from now on. I've enough points for now
Nath

19th Jun 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
they cant prove u held the phone. no call records etc. i woulda told em jog on tbh!

They dont have to prove it.
SportBoy

19th Jun 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont wave it around your face and they prob wont notice.
bubble

19th Jun 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
they cant prove u held the phone. no call records etc. i woulda told em jog on tbh!

I tried that one, but 2 coppers opinions versus mine, it's not even worth going to court and risking court costs etc, which is a joke tbh

they cant prosecute. the CPS need factual evidence that the phone was in use. checking a calendar cant be proved.

i was in similar situation, i used my phone plugged into stereo for music and changed a track. copper was behind me, pulled me over, him and his colleague got out, saw my phone plugged into stereo and had me in the back of their car. i refused sign the ticket as it couldnt be proved, and imo changing a track whilst in stationary traffic isnt dangerous, they must have thought that my head glancing down whilst stationary was.

anyways, i got a court summons, enclosed with a form to explain circumstance, i told em what happened, i got a letter back saying CPS deem it inadmissable in court, as no circumstancial evidence.

winner
Ojc

19th Jun 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve was probably checking CorsaSport to check that to see if his name had been mentioned in the few minutes he had been logged off.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldve pretended i had a sat nav in my hand but i just thought fuck it i done it take it on the chin
bubble

19th Jun 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

yeah they do.

cps cant prosecute with it.

if that was the case they could charge me for murder without evidence.
mwg

19th Jun 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i couldve pretended i had a sat nav in my hand but i just thought fuck it i done it take it on the chin

is that because you are a man

[Edited on 19-06-2010 by mwg]
Nath

19th Jun 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah they do.

Spose. Murder and 3 points for holding a phone are the same. They saw him, steve knows he did wrong, and took it on the chin. Fair play to steve.
bubble

19th Jun 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah they do.

Spose. Murder and 3 points for holding a phone are the same. They saw him, steve knows he did wrong, and took it on the chin. Fair play to steve.

lol, the way police act around mobile phones does make it seem like murder. isnt it strange how its illegal to use a MOBILE phone in a car, yet if it is a corded handset, like a truck radio/phone its legal??

stupid imo
Graham88

19th Jun 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Think my phone will be getting switched off when in the car from now on. I've enough points for now

Get yourself a Parrot & a cradle, and don't reply to texts, that's what I do now. Except using 3 vehicles regularly is annoying as I'm not buying 3 parrots. But Parrots are alot better than the ones that go in your ear IMO
Nath

19th Jun 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars used to come with phones back in the day too
Jake

19th Jun 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wear these glasses when im replying to text messages

god sends imo
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

19th Jun 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

Get yourself a Parrot & a cradle, and don't reply to texts, that's what I do now. Except using 3 vehicles regularly is annoying as I'm not buying 3 parrots. But Parrots are alot better than the ones that go in your ear IMO

Not replying to texts is rude
John G

19th Jun 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
for having my mobile in my hand for 20 seconds on the motorway. Little bit harsh because i wasnt talking or texting on it. Literally just had it in my hand to check a calendar entry quickly. Oh well didnt argue or anything and they were nice enough to me.

You might as well have been texting or ringing, you were using your phone that simple

[Edited on 19-06-2010 by John G]
Ojc

19th Jun 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you getting more stupid as you get older Steve? Worse than Luigi lately.
luciaadr

19th Jun 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just gat a cradle for the windscreen / dash in future. Stops your phone rattling around the car, and you can prod it all day long while driving.
gtitim

19th Jun 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The offence is using a mobile phone whilst driving a motor vehicle.

It can be to check time, read texts, make calls, mp3s or whatever. If you are using your phone whilst driving you commit the offence.

You are deemed to be driving if you are in control of steering and propulsion - so even if stationary with engine running you still commit the offence. Potentially if you pulled over to use the phone and didnt turn the engine off you coulod be done, however, most officers have common sense.

I gave a bloke a ticket for using a phone and he wasnt holding it. His passenger was holding it to his ear and he was chatting away. He was using the phone so committed the offence. Had he had a phone holder he would not have got a ticket for using it. Instead he would have been reported for driving without due care, as he was concentrating far more on the call than his road position and distances/gaps. His manner of driving fell below an acceptable standard purely because he was on the phone. Once off the phone he drove perfectly well. It DOES affect your concentration, even if handsfree.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 10 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
His passenger was holding it to his ear

Had he had a phone holder he would not have got a ticket

he was concentrating far more on the call than his road position and distances/gaps. His manner of driving fell below an acceptable standard
So which is it? A phone holder and no ticket or a phone being held and a ticket?

I agree entirely that his driving was affected by it. I think driving on the phone is a very dangerous thing to do, I never do it except on the hands free and even then, I try and avoid it.

Texting annoys me even more. I've seen cars being driven with inconsistent road position and speed and passed only to see the driver appearing to text or looking down at the handset.

But surely a phone holder on the dash wouldn't have got this guy off?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be able to write a complete text without looking, that was before the days of touchscreen, iPhones, and it was only a slap on the wrist/£30 fine.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Little bit harsh because i wasnt talking or texting on it. Literally just had it in my hand to check a calendar entry quickly.

Doesn't matter if you're talking texting or violently inserting it in to your anus, you'll still get done. Checking the calender is just as bad. I used to use my phone a fair bit whilst driving but very rarely do it now as the police are harsh around here, does me no harm to wait.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 10 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
I used to be able to write a complete text without looking
I still can, in fact do most of the time for any text.

Still wouldn't do it driving.
gtitim

20th Jun 10 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
His passenger was holding it to his ear

Had he had a phone holder he would not have got a ticket

he was concentrating far more on the call than his road position and distances/gaps. His manner of driving fell below an acceptable standard
So which is it? A phone holder and no ticket or a phone being held and a ticket?

I agree entirely that his driving was affected by it. I think driving on the phone is a very dangerous thing to do, I never do it except on the hands free and even then, I try and avoid it.

Texting annoys me even more. I've seen cars being driven with inconsistent road position and speed and passed only to see the driver appearing to text or looking down at the handset.

But surely a phone holder on the dash wouldn't have got this guy off?

Had this guy had a phone holder and been using it, I would not necessarily have noticed him on the phone. It was so blatant to see that he was not just a poor driver, but was concentrating on the phone more than the road. If you are going to commit an offence, dont do it so blatantly obviously. Often I will pass a car with the driver on the phone, but i do not have safe opportunity to turn round and stop them, or will be en route to something more urgent. Priorities and all that.
FlamingCorsa

20th Jun 10 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have a watch so i use my phone as a watch so if i am driving and take a look at my phone for the time does this mean i could get points?!?!?

bit scary!

also can you get done for eating and driving?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points 22 database queries in 0.1082981 seconds