corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 points
gtitim

User status: Offline
20th Jun 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have changed the radios recently - we have Sepura Airwave handsets and car sets - have a decent push button on a collar on the gearknob, as well as the comedy phone
bubble

20th Jun 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Steve -

From what I wrote earlier:

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim

generally I would warn people if their driving standard was poor - ?

If you think you can drive along whilst eating a McFlurry or icecream or burger etc and still remain in full control of your vehicle, you are wrong. You may still consider yourself to be safe and in control, but you never know what will happen.

Went to a fatal RTC. One vehicle, no passengers, no logical reason for collision. Investigators did their thing. The conclusion was the driver had been eating a bag of chips from his lap and had swerved for something (wildlife etc) lost control, flipped and ended up dead. Had he not been earting, he would likely have reacted better and not be dead.

Edited to add - with calendar - most likely same - check logs etc, warn appropriately. however, I am a Response officer, not a traffic officer with targets to meet.

[Edited on 20-06-2010 by gtitim]

i disagree. i can drive along perfeclty fine with a double cheeseburger in my right hand. in fact im in the same amount of control as when i change gear. or when hang hand out of window.

how u can assume its dangerous because of eating a burger is crazy.

fair enough, you may have been out to a RTA caused by negligence of someone eating chips. that doesnt mean that everyone has the same driving abilities.

a copper from around here crashed when on a call out-he must have had the same or similar training as every other copper, so does that mean other coppers are going to crash as well?
bubble

20th Jun 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speaking of which im goin go grab a double cheeseburger!
Graham88

20th Jun 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might sound harsh but I would laugh so much if you came back and said you'd got 3 points for eating a burger whilst driving
John

20th Jun 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Panda coppers seem to think they've had the advanced training that traffic have and are expert drivers, they aren't though.

A panda copper trying to press the pedals while working the steering wheel is a danger.
gtitim

20th Jun 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm a 'panda' copper. I am trained to what is called standard driver level. I can drive focus, octavia etc on bluee lights. As far as what is considered dangerous, that is each persons opinion. If in my opinion something is dangerous, and i report a driver to court for it, and they disagree, then the court is their opportunity to put their argument across, and let a magistrate decide their fate. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even cops.
Callum

20th Jun 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnHvgzXOwNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-UfcfMwRU
Nath

20th Jun 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bubble you do talk some shit.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3 points 22 database queries in 0.0123188 seconds