corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » safe compression.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author safe compression.
RossGSI

User status: Offline
19th Mar 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i contacted sbd about a turbo conversion and they gave me some guys number not related to courtnay sport thank god but ive heard about companys using 3 head gaskets to lower compression but i was wondering if it was possible to have the pistons machied to lower compression ie like cosworths do i read on sbd website that they do head gaskets to custom thickness's how thick would i have to go to run 15/18 psi and would it be reliable if i sorted out the compression.

i would ring the bloke but i dont want to pester the bloke bearing in mind its noting getting done till round xmas.

any useful help much appreciated.
RossGSI

19th Mar 03 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about if 15 psi was the upper limit and as i say the compression was sorted and its not as if the engine internals are going to be stock items when it gets done just i dont wanna spend how ever many thousands it is and just run 6/9 psi and just see 50bhp gain. ?????
vibrio
Banned

19th Mar 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha ha ha. my pants are now wet. there is more to turbo charging than just lowering compression.

got to think of oil and water feeds to turbo, can your engine take the heat, will the radiator cope, sump capacity, injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure, valve springs, ECU, under bonnet temps, room for intercooler
RossGSI

19th Mar 03 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously im not gonna do a bodge job thats y i contacted sbd and the items u mention vibrio sbd do most of them im not sure if they do a 5th injector as for ecu daistak(unichip) i think its called handles all the funtions needed also looking on the pace website they can sort out a cooling system for corsa's as for intercooler it will fit some where other people have done it so where theres a will theres a way. plus i wanted some help on the matter not being laughed at for trying something other than bunging a 2 ltr in no offence adam.
d0gz_bollox

20th Mar 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i would ring the bloke but i dont want to pester the bloke bearing in mind its noting getting done till round xmas.

That is what there there for. If you ring a company up and there not helpfull then you need to ask if there really the sort of company you want mutliating your engine. If there not gonna help you unless ur engine is in there garage what they going to be like once they've done the work and you have a problem?

Also remember 9/10 they will know the score so will be able to answer all your questions.
RossGSI

20th Mar 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who's 9/10 dogz

New Poll