corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just been on rolling road

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just been on rolling road
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
31st Aug 03 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CheekyCorsa
When i went on the rollers the guy said it was knocking at the top and said if i was running optimax instead of the super unleaded then it wouldnt of done it

And agree if you think it is shit, WHY??? Please state your reason fo the comment, cuz theres alot of people thinking its good and so you could prove us wrong, soooooooo..........

I think his statement is shit. how the fuck would he know if 1.6 octane points would remove the pinking. dumb ass mutha.

pinking is when your air/fuel mix pre-ignites. makes a tinkling noise. try optimax instead of the SUL your using. also when was it last serviced. when did you change your fuel filter last?
wayne hiscock

31st Aug 03 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno only bought car 2k ago

had last major service 8k ago

needs an oil service. fuel filter again i dunno
vibrio
Banned

31st Aug 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cause if the car is not getting the correct amount of fuel then that could lead to pinking.
luca2020

31st Aug 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer pinking is when the timing is out and pre-ingition happens

i cant see why different fuel would alter this, because its the timing thats out
vibrio
Banned

31st Aug 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

timming don't have to be out
Wolfy

1st Sep 03 at 04:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like vibs said.. the timing can be a1 perfect but if your fuel pump or filter aint doing its job right then it can cause many prodlems, pinking for one, flatspots, idle prodlems... lots a stuff.
morty

1st Sep 03 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wayne and anyone else the gsi wayne as was fully serviced(at vauxhal) as wayne said at 36k miles then had a full flush and engine oil change at 40k or just before.

Wayne have you put that superchip on yet? if not this may sort abit of the pinking out cos the lad at well-lane said it was running perfect as you can see with the graphs i gave you.

Darren

G/f misses that gsi ALOT

[Edited on 01-09-2003 by morty]
Andy

1st Sep 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luca2020
yer pinking is when the timing is out and pre-ingition happens

i cant see why different fuel would alter this, because its the timing thats out

Pinking is when fuel detonates instead of burning smoothly.It generally happens when there's too much compression or heat. This can be excessive boost from a turbo or because the ignition timing is too advanced (ie the fuel air mix is ignited when the piston is too near the top of the bore, which effectively increases compression). If that's the case, you either need to retard the timing or use a higher octane fuel (which is more resistant to detonation under high compression/heat). On my 1.6 engine (which makes 214bhp), I've raised the compression to 12.2 : 1 and manged to keep the keep the timing quite well advanced to get as much power as poss. But it's mapped for Optimax. Anything less will cause pinking.
wayne hiscock

1st Sep 03 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

morty - chip aint fitted yet

doing that soon

after trax and when the stereo sorted (head unit decided not to give cd's back)

i need to do a oil change on it then.

and i love the gsi so ur not haveing it back lol or ill swop for scooby

Ojc

2nd Dec 08 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a mint GSi indeed

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just been on rolling road 23 database queries in 0.0134988 seconds