corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BP thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BP thread
Nath

User status: Offline
13th Jun 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting.
Paul_J

13th Jun 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a similar note.

Do any of you ever find old threads / posts you made years ago and think 'Did I really post that?'

- I sometimes find posts from like 5 years ago and think that the way I talk and the language I use is completely different. The essays were generally longer too
Nath

13th Jun 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep
Paul_J

13th Jun 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my biggest fears I have, is that one day something happens to me and I end up semi famous (e.g. on Big Brother / Successful / Die in a tragic way that makes news or whatever).

- Someone points the news to this forum and they dig up old threads I made where I was joking about racism / pedophilia (jailbait) / doing anything illegal / anything else offensive.

And then the media take my words out of context and throw it back at me in the news ... e.g. 'Here Paul was found to be saying he will be voting bnp and wants all poo poo skin people to leave'

Try explaining that it was just a joke 'on the internet' haha.

I know when I first signed up to the forum, the internet was a lot more 'do / say anything - it's only the internet', but these days the internet is not so laid back.
e.g. The people posting drunk pics of themselves on facebook and then being featured on BBC news.

I'm still not sure if that's exactly why I delete threads though, but it would be a bugger if it ever happened
AndyKent

13th Jun 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paranoid much
Nic Barnes

13th Jun 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
One of my biggest fears I have, is that one day something happens to me and I end up semi famous (Die in a tragic way that makes news or whatever).

still afriad derren brown is gonna fuck you up then
Paul_J

13th Jun 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Paranoid much

Yeah.

Although, times are changing.

Let's be honest, communicating with people on an internet forum was (/ is) fairly weird. Now it's fairly normal. Who'd of thought people would post all their information to a public site like facebook and let search engines and advertisers trawl it.

People make the news these days for things they do or say on the internet. Police have been known to monitor forums for certain types of activity e.g arrest people who post videos of themselves speeding!

ISP's are now tracking what you download and handing the information over to copyright agencies.

The world of 'it's only the internet' culture is starting to die out, as everything becomes more mainstream. The only places you can do this truely these days is places like 4chan (where you can post anonymously) - but even there, it's probably still being monitored on ip addresses.

The biggest problem with posting things on the internet is, that it's designed for a certain audience, at a certain time, in a certain context. Show it to a different audience, at a different time, out of context and it could be taken V.Differently.

Sometimes I talk some absolutely shite on here, that isn't at all my real feelings on things - but just done for the humour / context of the thread. IF one day someone (e.g potential recruiter) searched the internet for say my email address and found all the posts - it could leave you v.red faced!

Another 5-10 years with the internet getting more open and more public data being shared, who knows what sort of situation we'll be in.
Paul_J

13th Jun 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
One of my biggest fears I have, is that one day something happens to me and I end up semi famous (Die in a tragic way that makes news or whatever).

still afriad derren brown is gonna fuck you up then

Did you notice I never posted that video on my personal account?
Or the one of me in a baseball cap talking shite?

It was something that was discussed a lot in our Computer Science 'Social / Legal / Ethical Issues' lectures regarding internet and privacy.
Nath

13th Jun 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

13th Jun 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BP thread 22 database queries in 0.0217829 seconds