corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C20LET Vectra B SRi 150

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET Vectra B SRi 150
Olsrey

User status: Offline
   7th Jun 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well a boring Monday so thought I'd copy my build log over to CS.

Here are the pictures of when I bought it on eBay, paid only £400 for it because the engine was uttlerly fubar'd and a bit of body work needs attention.

Worst of the body work really is this.

But for £400 I didn't care as I wanted a SRi 150 anyway but never wanted the engine so was perfect for what I wanted.

Anyway, delivered the car to my mate Mark @ MCD Vaux to do the hard work for me as he had already taken the engine out of my Corsa and got rid of Corsa shell for me .

After a few days things were comming along.

Picture of the engine finished and running.

Got it back and was really impressed with how fast it still was even in a heavier car.
Spec of it basically is a standard engine with some "SUPERCHIPS" chips in the ecu as they are all we could get hold of at the time of putting it in the Corsa in 2008 and are supposed to be good for 240bhp. Using an F23 which works really well, makes over-taking really easy as I can do 70mph in 2nd . Also using an Astra GTE split shaft instead of the Vectra long shaft to reduce torque steer (which I get none of at the moment happerly)

First "mod" I did to the car was to fit a fan control switch as for some reason the 2.2 ecu wasn't turning the fan on when needed. So called Demon-Tweeks and ordered one. Picture is of it fitted and adjusted to come on at around 95 degrees.

With the engine running right and having no danger of over-heating, I decided to tackle a few things inside the car. First was the front ash tray, the pin had come out and the spring wasn't located properly so an easy fix . I then bought some LEDs from Mike (Crazy LEDs) and fitted them.

Silly me forgot to take the TC light out though!!!!! But nevertheless I was happy with the results as the LEDs are very bright, got the dimmer set half-way now so not to distract myself much.

Next was to stop the MID computer annoying me saying "Oil lack" so used TIS to find where the wires needed to go on the Vectra. Discovered they went to the circular multiplug above the battery. So stripped my old Corsa engine loom of its multiplug for some wires and rubber grommets to ensure no water got in and fitted them to the Calibra loom like so (the two wires with blue grommets).

With that sorted wired it up to the LET's oil level sensor and hurray no more annoying check control warning for oil lack!

Thats about as far as I've got with it so far, have bought some smoked side repeaters but with the snow haven't been bothered to fit them. Also got some new wiper blades as the current ones are naff. Will be having the front to rear brake lines replaced really soon too as they were an advisory on the MOT before I got the car and don't fancy them bursting on me like they did on my misses Vectra in 2009. Will also be having the rear trailing arm bushes, rear rose bushes and front drop links changed as they are also naff.

Will post updates as and when they happen, maybe with a video too when the snow ****s off .
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very small update, bought a battery bag/cover from Dave Marshall. Top bloke, cheap and fast delivery. Will get it fitted this weekend perhaps.

Also got bored whilst the misses was watching TV so went out and changed something small but makes a difference to me .

Before

After

Thanks for looking.
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much to update as of yet. But with the snow gone (hopefully for ever ), I can try get on with things. Fitted these a week or so ago.

Yes, yes I know. It needs a wash. Will get around to it soon!

Was going to fit the phase 2 chips the other day, but never got round to it. Next day these appear from the clothes dryer .

So won't be fitting those in a hurry now. . .

Dropped car off Monday to get the bushes/drop links/brake pipes sorted. Got a phone call Tuesday afternoon and all done. Much better to drive now it doesn't bang over any bump. Can't say I've noticed a difference with the braided brake hoses though. Also had the alternator/power steering belt tensioner replaced as it was whining a bit, making everyone else think I had a supercharger. But now quiet .

Last bit of the update is my rear brake pads went yesterday whilst on a road trip to help my mate get his XE'd Mk3 Astra home (had to stop every 10 miles to charge his battery with jump leads haha). So went and got some Mintex pads from a local supplier. £10 for the rears and £15 for the fronts which wasn't bad and got the rears fitted today.

Should have more to update once I get my tools back from my brother on the 26th then I can start some wiring etc.

Thanks for looking .
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well another tiny update. Wired up my second diag port for the turbo ecu. Main reason for this is I was having problems connecting to the turbo ecu when wired up into main car loom. Although I think thats down to the 2.2 ecu still being connected and needed for a few things. So anyway, wired this directy to the turbo ecu.

Loom made:

Wired up and hidden:

Pulls out when needed:

Also fitted my brand spanking new V6 radiator cover:

Next to come are my 10mm Formular HT Leads.

Cheers for looking.

Oliver
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made myself a gauge holder.

Also got a Baileys DV26 dump valve from Mark to replace the single piston dump valve I had on originally to stop any boost leaks but no pics.

Also went to visit Jav786 for some parts and also picked up some Phase 2 chips. Got them fitted today and adjusted the fuel pressure and I am smiling again which is good .
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updated picture of the best bit of the car.

Finally fitted my battery bag, also fitted is the baileys dump valve, new tophat which is slightly bigger than my old one, new boost hose to replace the kinked bit, "TURBO" tophat cover cut slightly as it was fouling the brake fluid res, a new dizzy oil seal to stop it pissing oil all over the coolant hoses . . . Oh and a new alternator belt after the old one shat itself destroying the brake fluid level sensor :kay:.

Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update time. With thanks to Mark T from MIGWeb I now have retro fitted a Vectra V6 cruise control unit to the car . Wasn't too hard but as the car was a 2.2 it didn't have the cruise control ecu plug so had to make my own mini loom but all works fine now .

Also fitted my F23 quick shift rod.

Was under the impression my standard gear knob would fit but alas it doesn't so have to put up with no knob for now.
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New gear knob arrived in the post so got it fitted.

Also fitted a standard LET oil cooler as oil temps were getting over 100 degrees on the motorway with the heat we've been getting. Never had that problem in the corsa so I assume the Vectra engine bay doesn't allow air to get out as easy.
stu_c

7th Jun 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it
Corsa_Scotty

7th Jun 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liking this project
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
love it
Me too, don't love KKK16's though. Killed another set of seals .
fillmecca

7th Jun 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even tho i made the gauge holder and fited the oil cooler...ols get lazy at time and get the litel bro (me) to do bits ob car
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
even tho i made the gauge holder and fited the oil cooler...ols get lazy at time and get the litel bro (me) to do bits ob car
, all you did was put the fibre glass on and sand the filler down, I sanded the fibre glass and did most of the fillering .
fillmecca

7th Jun 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey
quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
, all you did was put the fibre glass on and sand the filler down, I sanded the fibre glass and did most of the fillering .

no you didnt i made all the 1st bit ect i got it in primer! any1 wnt one make for a small fee ask me
Ingham
Banned

7th Jun 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a car! :O
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Ingham
What a car! :O
Thanks. Needs work here and there but I love it . Much better than my Corsa Turbo anyway. Especially as an everyday car.
Graham88

7th Jun 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it because it's different, not a Vectra fan at all. Just think you could at least compliment it with a decent set of wheels

Bet you have surprised a few people!
jimmy 2.1

7th Jun 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked ace when i saw it the other day! Nice sleeper!
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1
Looked ace when i saw it the other day! Nice sleeper!
It was you I waved at in traffic then at Fagley? Those traffic lights take the piss sometimes. Everynow and then they can have the other 3 directions of traffic go 2-3 times and then the one from Fagley gets a go. Most people just run the light
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I like it because it's different, not a Vectra fan at all. Just think you could at least compliment it with a decent set of wheels

Bet you have surprised a few people!
Money is tight so haven't been able to get some Phase 1 GSi wheels. However more important things need money first. Such as working out if the turbo is indeed shafted and after that an exhaust system to free up some more power as a standard Vectra exhaust isn't doing it any good.

But yes, suprised a fair few people. Usually get a thumbs up from the locals . Theres a lad on here that I flew past but never saw his reaction
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and also going to change the fuel pump at some stage too.
B3KAN

7th Jun 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No bad for a family waggon
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
No bad for a family waggon
You're just jealous
jimmy 2.1

7th Jun 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was me. The lights screwed up. Ended up turning round and getting onto Harrogate road via the dreaded speed bumps!
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1
Yeah it was me. The lights screwed up. Ended up turning round and getting onto Harrogate road via the dreaded speed bumps!
Yeah I do that often now. Either that or go down upper-ruston then turn right if you want to head left at the lights.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C20LET Vectra B SRi 150 23 database queries in 0.1908031 seconds