corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C20LET Vectra B SRi 150

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET Vectra B SRi 150
fillmecca

User status: Offline
7th Jun 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has to be said every time i get to go in car with ols it puts a smile on my face i love it hens why i love to work on it for free! and hes family lol its still a fast thing for engine being in a big car tho

[Edited on 07-06-2010 by fillmecca]
Olsrey

7th Jun 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
has to be said every time i get to go in car with ols it puts a smile on my face i love it hens why i love on it for free! and hes family lol its still a fast thing for engine being in a big car tho
You need to lay off the bud Toby .
fillmecca

7th Jun 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey
quote:
has to be said every time i get to go in car with ols it puts a smile on my face i love it hens why i love on it for free! and hes family lol its still a fast thing for engine being in a big car tho
You need to lay off the bud Toby .

get bent bud?? PPFFTTT i dnt smoke drugs ,i was on the phone amy at the time...i realy cnt do 2 things at ones

[Edited on 07-06-2010 by fillmecca]
flybikeslee

7th Jun 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it
Jambo

7th Jun 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome project!

keep up the updates
B3KAN

7th Jun 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey
quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
No bad for a family waggon
You're just jealous

fillmecca

8th Jun 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought ad pop this pic up for you ols yes ino the oil PSI isent working as wasnt wired in then...

Olsrey

8th Jun 10 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i thought ad pop this pic up for you ols yes ino the oil PSI isent working as wasnt wired in then...

I already posted a pic Toby . I need to sort out my wierd oil sensor pipe then they'll work again
Olsrey

8th Jun 10 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S. Thanks everyone for your kind words .
Olsrey

16th Jul 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well lack of money has stopped progress. Turbo itself still needs rebuilding. I did manage to get an oil cooler in exchange for a little PHP coding which was in pretty much mint condition so can't complain. So the car doesn't seem to get as hot.

Got my fuel injectors tested & cleaned, they also changed the filters,o-rings and pintle caps (strangely the old ones were the wrong ones so were causing the wrong spray pattern). Car seems happier, although there is something wrong with the fueling as the car will feel like its holding back and jump forwards before holding back again. So maybe fuel pump is on its way out so will have to look into getting a walbro 255 fuel pump I think. Also on the subject of fuel, I finally wired up my 'injector-pulse' wire from the ECU to the fuel computer and it now works. Although its upset me even more about the fuel usage as it confirms my suspicions about how many miles to the gallon I'm getting lol.

Also whilst being skint and bored, decided to do this.

Not a bad job really for a rattle can. Although despite the colour looking different to the gauge holder, its not lol.

Then finished off my flip key.
gidged500
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate ha ha bet you shock a few people in it lol
Olsrey

21st Jul 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
looking good mate ha ha bet you shock a few people in it lol
Not recently lol. Doesn't feel like its boosting right as it surges with power sometimes.
Olsrey

24th Sep 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well been a while. Since the last update I've; killed a gearbox, bought a new pressure plate & friction plate along with a working gearbox, got "fluffsri" from VVOC to make me a bracket to hold my oil catch tank on the suspension turret, then had the gearbox etc fitted.

Only taken 2 months to get it all sorted .

Picture of said oil catch tank bracket

Need to at some point fit my Walbro fuel pump and start saving up (again) to fix the turbo.

Also need to get myself some cheap or free Astra Mk4 door cards, going to attempt to take the drink holder from the Mk4's door pocket and fibre glass it into a Vectra door pocket as my drink holders were ditched in favour of gauges and now I miss them.
Olsrey

20th Oct 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well managed to borrow some cash to get the turbo sent off it was slowly getting worse. A lot easier to take the turbo out in a Vec than before when it was in my Corsa . Only had to slacken one of the power steering fluid pipes from the pump and push the rad and pipe forward a bit and off it came with-out any real drama .

Came back today and it certainly look better than before.

Now I'm just waiting for steveboyslim to sort me out with an oil restrictor bolt for the turbo and a gasket then I can fit it .

Also the car started to collect consensation a lot. So people said check the pollen filter. Can you spot which is the old one ?

Next update should be turbo fitted along with the walbro fuel pump. After that I think it's time to get a timing belt kit and water pump.
dan-sport

17th Nov 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates? really like this thread keep up the good work
Olsrey

17th Nov 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as my lasses Vectra needed work doing for the MOT but my mate wasn't free till after it expired, I was forced to get mine back on the road before I wanted.

Turbo fitted, sadly SBS is having trouble with getting the oil restrictor banjo bolts made so still using the standard feed. Although I finally fitted the Roose Motorsport coolant return pipe.

Thanks to a mate on VVOC, my front speakers are now amped improving sound quality a lot . We ended up fitting the amp underneath the passenger seat and only sticks out a little bit but the Vauxhall mats cover it anyway so no worries about it getting bashed. And it doesn't get that hot either but if it did I could just put the heaters on cold and put them on the lower setting as Vectras have air feeds under the front seats .

Also as its cold now I was getting annoyed with the Richbrook gearknob, but there wasn't a lot I could do as the standard one doesn't fit back on after you've fitted an F23 quick shift. But I then had an idea, I drilled out the standard gearknob and then tapped it (Was a rough cunt and just wound in a spare engine mount bolt I had ), and hey presto;

Finally for this update, you all know I got rid of my cup holders in favour of my gauges. Well I got sick of Monster cans not fitting in the arm rest properly, then remembering that Astra Mk4's had can holders in the door pockets. So after getting hold of some free Astra Mk4 door pockets, I cut them up, then cut my Vectra ones up and ended up with this;

Astra/Vectra hybrid door pockets .

Thanks for reading
derick-sport

17th Nov 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks sweet as mate
Olsrey

9th Feb 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a while since I've done very much as shortly after fitting the turbo we moved house. Not long after the turbo started to smoke again . Shouldn't be smoking again, only had done 2.5k miles on it with around 1k miles being gentle motorway miles on Christmas day. So started to investigate further. Went to check the one way valve that stops the turbo pressuring the the cam cover and in turn the sump etc, and this is what I found.

Someone had replaced it with a FORD part :yuck:. Tested it (tried blowing through each end in turn) and sure enough the valve wasn't working. On the phone to AutoVaux and got one ordered a long with one of the connecting hoses.

The very next day I was greeted with these;

One shiney GM hose .

And one shiney GM one way Valve .

Fitted them straight away, also fitted a Z20LET oil restrictor bolt to the turbo at the same time and the smoke appeared to go. Not for long though. On the way back from the CAS meet I was testing the boost and;

Holding boost too high, so another possible reason for the turbo blowing prematurely. So will need to slacken the actuator a bit.

Then last week my alternator decided to eat itself, and with no money because I have a bad spending habbit :doh:, I had to stop driving the car. But Stuart (Kayos from VVOC) came to my rescue and said I could have his spare (which came from ST no.109) as he had no need for it anymore so thanks Stuart . Finally fitted that last night whilst I was bored and in a car mood (I get itches for car fiddling at the wrong times of day lmao) and I can now drive her again . So glad I don't own a V6 as it would've been a nightmare to change the alternator but only had to remove the torque mount from the chasis and the alternator came right out without any fuss.

Also bought some smoked headlights from Stuart too, think they make the car look more mean .
Olsrey

11th Jun 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long story cut short. . . . .
fazza

11th Jun 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any news on it the cause ollie? Was it rings?
Olsrey

11th Jun 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza

any news on it the cause ollie? Was it rings?
Don't know fella. Mate's going fishing tomorrow so we had to finish early anyway. Diagnosis report next weekend I reckon, unless we have any spare time during the week. Engine bay will look completely different if the car goes back together though. Will be ripping every air con related wire/relay/fuse out of there as theres around 4-5 relays just for air con!

[Edited on 11-06-2011 by Olsrey]
Olsrey

15th Jun 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Block mostly taken apart.

Bores look fine.

Piston size.

Diagnosis is, rings are fucked. There was carbon down the piston skirts and bores stink of burnt oil.

[Edited on 15-06-2011 by Olsrey]
fazza

15th Jun 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the plans then ols?
Olsrey

15th Jun 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
Whats the plans then ols?

Fancy giving me a loan?
fazza

15th Jun 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish i had wonga to loan out tbh

Would swap your let for my 'working' Vectra Sri though tbh

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C20LET Vectra B SRi 150 23 database queries in 0.2166941 seconds