corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*

New Poll
  <<  125    126    127    128    129    130    131  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Apr 12 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll have a look tomoz Shaun when he finishes wiring off,just don't know what I need to buy if these are wrong. :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Todi-Corsa

7th Apr 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep going mate, don't let it get the better of you it will be worth it when its sorted, just take it steady it will be something minor thats probs been missed in the excitment of it nearly being ready
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are not having any good luck little dan the man! you better get her all sorted i want to see the sxi c20xe ripping the roads up asap

so what i can read you have the wrong inner cv's? (correct me is am wrong) just cannot understand we used c16xe 22spline shafts with mk2 cav 1.6 inner cv's and my standard 1.2 16v hubs all slotted together in the F20 box and still working to this day on mine.

sure my inner cv's were just from euro parts if it helps al u2u the part number off the invoice?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todi-Corsa - I will do mate,i'll keep going,i've had a couple of drinks tonight and feel so much better now.

Kev Kev Kev - Nope

Not having any luck whatsoever mate,my best bet now is to count the splines on the shaft which are 22 as i've already counted them and then work out which ones i need as the pj16s don't fit. :/

Just abit annoyed i've got to buy some more cvs.

kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmmm if you didnt live soooooo far away ad be more then happy to help its horrible trying to picture and read whats going on over the computher if you no what a mean haha

it will get sorted man just little problems man will pay off when shes valver'ing all over Sheffield!!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate,wish you was. I've been offered help from you and Flaffy now and both miles away.

Yep,there will be two redtop corsas bossing Sheffield.

AlexW

8th Apr 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to just lol at this thread.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's to lol about?

shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thinking out aloud here Dan. Just read what Kev has said, are C16XE shafts different to x16xe ones? Any ideas what car the shafts came from that you are using mate?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea mate,the shafts are from Ash and he says there corsa ones. So i don't know.

corsasportsam

8th Apr 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent read fully but are your shafts sport or gsi shafts??? i believe they have to be gsi ones
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know mate,just been given them off a mate. You reckon my best bet is to find some GSi shafts?

I always thought though that corsa shafts were corsa shafts.

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have to be 1.6 ones are they definately 1.6 ones? That could be your problem if you have the correct CV's?

I don't think sport and gsi ones are any different?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsasportsam

8th Apr 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been told that gsi ones are different to sport ones i aint 100% sure but i was told my sport shafts wont fit when i do mine ao the chap chucked in his gsi ones
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2u coming your way Daz.

Darryl H
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsasportsam
ive been told that gsi ones are different to sport ones i aint 100% sure but i was told my sport shafts wont fit when i do mine ao the chap chucked in his gsi ones

I'm almost certain they are the same mate, think about it in the sense of vauxhall you wouldn't think they'd produce two different types of shafts for two different models with the same engine?

That's my logic so it might not be correct but I purchased "1.6 shafts" not sure what they are off but everything bolted up fine

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope that that's the problem,don't know where Ash got the shafts from.

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

carl roper

8th Apr 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pritty sure all 1.6 shafts are 22 spline as are the 1.5td ones. Have you deffinatly got the right inner cv's?
AlexW

8th Apr 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall did make different shafts for the same car/engine. Novas are a great example!

Spline of the shaft should be 22spline, vs 28spline, But its easy to see if you post a picture, even a picture of the shaft when it had the Corsa inner CV (Theres a obvious visual differance)

Not all 1.6 corsa's have 22spline shafts, May have been changed in its life etc.

Now dont get all arsey.

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by AlexW]
Darryl H
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that's interesting to know! Sounds stupid why they'd do that seeing as it would surely cost them more to manufature?

Hope you get it sorted Dan

AlexW

8th Apr 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the same case, why put 22 spliners on 1.6's only, rather than using them right across the board? Or why put 3 ball inner CVs on 1.0's.
With Nova's IIRC (its been a few years) the GSi's had 22 spline but not the earlier GTE's, Que most people swapping shafts on standard GSi's to sell the expensive 22 spline shafts.

Theres logic and then theres car manufactoring.
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
Now dont get all arsey.

Who's arsey??

Don't start again,can't be bothered with argueing with you. Your no help,you just turn it all into an arguement as your never wrong.

Cheers Daz,i'll get there in the end but i will have spent even more dollar getting it right. Also could have had the car running today but somebody doesn't know what a phone is. ASH!!! Should have been coming down and wiring it but i've been sat bored all day on here. :/

AlexW

8th Apr 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're the only one that gets arsey when I'm wrong, I like being wrong, I can learn from it.
Darryl H
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
Its the same case, why put 22 spliners on 1.6's only, rather than using them right across the board? Or why put 3 ball inner CVs on 1.0's.
With Nova's IIRC (its been a few years) the GSi's had 22 spline but not the earlier GTE's, Que most people swapping shafts on standard GSi's to sell the expensive 22 spline shafts.

Theres logic and then theres car manufactoring.

That's mad

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When have i been arsey in this thread with you? I'm abit pissed off 'cos i'm having a bit of bad luck with car atm.

<<  125    126    127    128    129    130    131  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics* 24 database queries in 0.2359200 seconds