corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*

New Poll
  <<  123    124    125    126    127    128    129  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Apr 12 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's not bent dude,brand spanker.

I think my dad's not put the inner cv in right and my hub is probs bent as it sits to far out even with the shaft out. :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

5th Apr 12 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just u2u'd you dan,

BUT..re fit your standard 1.2 16v sxi hubs see if they are any better that's what my xe is running on gsi shafts and mk2 Cav innners as you no matey? Failing that are all your mounts bolted up ok?
Jamie-C

5th Apr 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, bummer these things don't go without hiccups along the way though, she'll get there in the end
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

5th Apr 12 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Kev.

I'm going to do. I'll re fit them tomoz and i'll let you all know. Yea there all bolted up ok.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

5th Apr 12 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Jamie mate,appreciate your concern. I'm sure i'll get there with all your help.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update : 5.4.2012

Yesterday I managed to get the driveshaft back off and get the inner cv back out to see what was the problem and why it came out so easily. Just the joint off again and the inner cv is too big for the shaft. :/ I think I've got the wrong inner.

What I'm going to do is count the shaft splines which are 22 and then the splines that go into the box. The inner splines are correct but it's the splines that my shaft goes into that is too big.

Never knew there were two types,nobody told me. Just get 1.6 Cav inners and obviously there's more than one,cheeeeers.

vx-scottw
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad u found out the problem out dude n it well anoying when there is two types of in cvs
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just hope it's just that,still doesn't explain why the wheel is so far out.

vx-scottw
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because it wasnt in proper making the wheel pushed out could have been worse if u think about it
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be. Well i'm going to box these ones up and order some more,hopefully it'll fix it.

vx-scottw
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i said in my u2u mate. You will have the pj15n's the big block inner cv's so if your using standard driveshafts the inside where the inner cv mates to the shaft is going to be too big, basicly meaning it will be wobbling round and spinning instead of locking together. Thatl send your camber off a bit. So basicly the pj15n is the ones for the larger bigblock shafts and hubs

The one you want is the pj16n. There too big in length by a couple of mm. But they will still work

Hope my u2u explains it a bit better?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate,thanks for all your help etc.

If there too long though that'll make offset look rubbish,mine needs to be in the arches as mines too low on front. :/ Well I'll get the pj16n ones and see what happens.

Thanks again mate

[Edited on 06-04-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problemo dude
there a tiny bit too long but there the best you can get as far as im aware,
but mine sit absolutley spot on tbh i think a set of pj16's will do you pperfectly mate
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one pal,I'll let you know how I get on.

Also got some wire for Ash to wire onto loom yesterday so all going well we'll give it a turn Sunday but won't be driving it. Oh well.

NathanR

6th Apr 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep going dude you'll get there eventually . And when you do get there you'll realise its all worth it
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Nath,we all have to learn with our mistakes.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been and had a look at these cv joint boxes and they say pj16s on them. What now? Arghhh!!!

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it's definately the inners?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inner what dude? Into the box or onto the shaft?

JaffaTB

6th Apr 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only small problems dude, i had to change my clutch after about 3 weeks just cos i never checked it before putting it in lol
Darryl H
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the inners that connects to the shaft. That's the problem?

If they were too big how did you get it all together without noticing? or does it line up?

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't know Daz,my dad did them all. I said to him surely you'd have known if they were too big of a joint 'cos the shaft would have gone on properly.

"Oh i just presumed they were the right ones..."

But i went out and span the drivers side wheel earlier after checking the cv part numbers and all the shaft and inner cv span so not sure now. Need to take the other shaft out and have a look and see if the joints in properly.

If not don't know what to do as Flaffy said i needed the pj16s and that's what i've got.

Darryl H
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should fit on fine then

The camber bolts won't budge then?

Definately all the way in as well? I'm not saying you've missed all these just can't think of what it could be if it's all the right stuff

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are 100% the pj16n's that fit the f20 boxes.
What driveshafts are you useing buddy?

Take the driveshafts and the inner cv joints out of the gearbox. Take the gator off, check how good of a fit they are. Check your dads fitted the circlip inside the cv joint to hold the shaft in properly
Check the shafts were far enough in
Ermm
Trying to think of something else for you to have a look at

I know for sure its the pj16n's that you need as ive litteraly just bought one myself no more than 2 weeks ago

<<  123    124    125    126    127    128    129  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics* 24 database queries in 0.2401650 seconds