corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » How to repair aerial cable (behind headunit)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to repair aerial cable (behind headunit)
moka

User status: Offline
6th May 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the aerial cable connected to the wiring loom, the head has come off and there is bare wire there which i cannot get a decent signal off. I have tried repairing it but just dont have the tools. I want to get someone else to do it could i take it to maplins or somewhere and get them to fit a new head to it? Do they even do that?
Brett
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 01:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you not get another aerial wire that has the end on then block connect it to the existing one?
noshua

6th May 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to mine when I got a bit too rough when pulling the original head unit out.

Didn't find a fix because as you said, it's hard enough getting your hands in there nevermind trying to put a other connection on.

I did find putting some speaker cable into the back of the head unit (where the ariel cable should go, obviously) gave me a half decent signal.
Kurt

6th May 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B? it joins lower down in the passenger footwell, take the trims off and you should see it, you can buy a metre length to replace it with then
moka

6th May 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Same thing happened to mine when I got a bit too rough when pulling the original head unit out.

Didn't find a fix because as you said, it's hard enough getting your hands in there nevermind trying to put a other connection on.

I did find putting some speaker cable into the back of the head unit (where the ariel cable should go, obviously) gave me a half decent signal.

Exactly, absolute nightmare.
moka

6th May 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Corsa B? it joins lower down in the passenger footwell, take the trims off and you should see it, you can buy a metre length to replace it with then

Where abouts exactly? If im gna start ripping bits of plastic off
Kurt

6th May 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its either behind the glovebox or left hand corner kick trim.

I know its down there somewhere, i remember seeing it after having the same problem on an earlier corsa i owned

was when i fitted the sport interior to my white one
Richie

6th May 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Kurt says, remove the passenger side kick panel and it runs near the wiring blocks there and you can unplug the old damaged one and run a new one from a scrappy or motor factors.
jibjob

6th May 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It still doesnt work Kurt The plastic head of the wire and the metal aerial connector dont sit properly together so i dont get signal
Kurt

6th May 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to re read, it was my red combat kit corsa that the aerial was ripped off on

The white one was fine when i sold it, had a kenwood tape player in it that worked fine and i used a cassette with wire for my ipod
jibjob

6th May 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
was when i fitted the sport interior to my white one

I just listen to CD's anyway so im not too bothered. When i got it there was a kenwood cd player that wasnt the best and the igniton live didnt work so it wouldnt come on when you turned the key. All sorted now though just got to sort the radio but ive got my freeview tv/radio/dvd player that i can plug in now so im not too bothered
Kurt

6th May 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant when i saw where the lead goes
noshua

6th May 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be checking this out tomorrow, thanks
moka

7th May 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads, another job added to the list of things to do before PVS