corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting arches and tops of bumper....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting arches and tops of bumper....
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
17th Mar 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they black at mo, just plastic, i gotta have some wing mirrors sprayed and gonna get everything else colour coded.

Question is, what needs to be done to arches and bumpers b4 they get sprayed, does the whole lot have to be sanded smooth with paper.
that would take ages

Could i prep the plastic ready for primer and spraying? to save some notes..........
John_C

17th Mar 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think a electric sander may be easier. preping it yourself would save money but takes a lot of time.

another question, do the bumpers need to be removed to spray the plastic. I'm thinking they do but jus checking.

tell me how u get on cause i want the same info
3CorsaMeal

17th Mar 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, think they would take em off to spray em,
whitter45

17th Mar 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they do need taking off. had my arches and bumpers done. the front bumper is a pain the arse to get off but well worth. be carful though that the arches havent been painted with black paint. the prevoius owner of my car painted them and when i got them sprayed have have become porous. the garage says i need new arches or they will continue to blister. had the arches done 3 times and its the same evrytime, so im going to get some new ones. bumpers were fine though
3CorsaMeal

17th Mar 03 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the arches were prepped, then they should spray, i would of thought, i know silicon can cause prob's, which is in stuff like back 2 black
whitter45

17th Mar 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just going off what the garage said. each time they gaet re sparyed it takes longer and longer for them to blister. by blistering i mean little air pockets bubble under the paint and when u wash the car they sometimes move. it seems as though moisture is being drawn out of the bumper. i dint know what f**k is happening to them it just spoils the effct of being colour coded. vauxhall want £30 an arch and im not paying that but cant seem to find raches any where
3CorsaMeal

17th Mar 03 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get what u mean.
So were they not plastic when u got em, they had shite on.
John_C

17th Mar 03 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can't buy them from vaux can u??? I know u can buy the plastic but not them already sprayed. I asked 1 of there bodyshop's 2 and they said they wouldn't do i ne more
whitter45

17th Mar 03 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were plastic but had been painted black to keep them black but u could scratch the paint off with ur nail. yeah i know that i just meant the plastic ones cos the garage said they would spray these ones for free for me cos of all the trouble i have had with thses arches. they just think the arches i have now are f**ked in terms of getting them sprayed
antonOO2

17th Mar 03 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

completly snad them down to the plastic ,this will remove all paint and back to black stuff.cant see a problem then
whitter45

17th Mar 03 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought but they siad they did that and they dsai they baked them as well to get any moisture out of them and it still does it. its so annoying
Kris TD

17th Mar 03 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat u meen the front bumper is a paint to get off, it takes 2 minutes. well easy.
whitter45

17th Mar 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i will give u that, but its putting it back on that the real hard part cos the plastic isn't as flexible once sprayed

New Poll