corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting Problems.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting Problems.......
Geeza10328

User status: Offline
   4th May 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I colour coded my bumpers/arches etc on my corsa last summer but only sanded down the arches and rear bumper. As you can imagine the paint on the rear bumper and arches is still perfect but the front bumper looks sh*t as all the paint is more or less flaked off now.

Two questions really, firstly is there any quicker way than spending ages sanding the stupid little bobbles in the plastic off? other than just using an electric sander.

And secondly, small areas of the arches and rear bumper need touching where I missed a bit of sanding. Now how do I sand these areas down, re prime and re paint and get a smooth join with the rest of the bumper/arch without having to start from square one again and do the whole bumper/arch?

Thanx

Matt
Mickey

4th May 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would start again mate coz the areas which are not flaking - will flake off soon, then see if you need to do the arches!

good luck mate!
Geeza10328

4th May 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure whether I explained properly, basically I am gonna redo the front bumper completely.

The rear bumper and arches were done properly and the paint looks and is fine. the only bit on the rear bumper and arches where the paint has come off is when I orignally did it and tried to but the bit all back ontop the car. I scrapped some of the paint off at the joints due to tight fitting etc.

I was wondering is there anyway of redoin these joints only without having to redo the whole rear bumper and arch/es.

cheers
Geeza10328

5th May 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
flick-blue polo

6th May 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what u need 2 use is scotch brite and panel wipe 2 prep the surface and then use a plastic primer followed by a few coats of 2k high build primer then once dry (usually over night) spray a light dusting of black over it and then flat it off using wet p800 paper until all the black is gone (then u know its perfectlly smooth0 the paint it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott M

6th May 03 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can do just the small areas but you will need to blend or you will end up with a step in the paint.

New Poll