corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why is it that there are so many timewasters on here?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why is it that there are so many timewasters on here?
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
3rd May 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spikedjack
its a complete nightmare on 90% of forums these days, open your eyes...

if its not a nightmare on mig, then you have only dealt with decent users by coincidence, both there and here have their fair share of jumped up little pricks, deal with it.

I have realistically trader with well over 100 people on MIG in 5 years and never had someone piss me about like people on here do. What's so fucking hard about not contacting someone if you cannot pay for it?

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
tbf every site has its problems but im finding these issues aswell lately. Guess Kids just dont have the money any more and rare/expensive parts are expected to go for pennies.
I ask for £80 cash +p&p for something and i get offered £60 inc p&p or an X-Box

I just want money for PVS

That's the problem. These cars are throw away money so the people that want parts expect them for nothing. I would sooner chuck bits in the bin TBH.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 10 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
I don't need it calculating, I can do it myself.
If you're that good at it, you'll realise that you are one of 30k people and your experience isn't necessarily reflective of what is going on throughout the site.

At no point did I suggest it wasn't a problem, but I do feel that you are statistically weak basing your site-wide assumptions on the experiences of one person.

Continue trying to outrank me with your background if you wish, I too have an A Level in Maths but that's entirely redundant. I learnt in year 9 not to trust small sample sizes, particularly those put forward by one person in a cohort of many. You don't need worldly experience in data collation to tell you that.

[Edited on 24-07-2010 by Ian]
Nath

3rd May 10 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but Ian, he gets bonuses of £1500+.

So you lose.
Limecat
Banned

3rd May 10 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I don't need it calculating, I can do it myself.
If you're that good at it, you'll realise that you are one of 30k people and your experience isn't necessarily reflective of what is going on throughout the site.

At no point did I suggest it wasn't a problem, but I do feel that you are statistically week basing your site-wide assumptions on the experiences of one person.

Continue trying to outrank me with your background if you wish, I too have an A Level in Maths but that's entirely redundant. I learnt in year 9 not to trust small sample sizes, particularly those put forward by one person in a cohort of many. You don't need worldly experience in data collation to tell you that.

Come on Ian, you sound like a politician. You have 30k registered users, how many are active? How many have viewed my thread, how many have PM'd me wasted my time and fucked me about? Please don't try and pull redundant figures out of thin air.

So are you trying to claim that 4 people saying 'Yah mate, I will send you money bro' within a 48 hour period is statistically flawed? I think my thread has about 250 views?

Furthermore, I sent you a PM about me offering parts from my car for a donation towards a 'fund' for taking people that shaft this sites users out of money. You didn't even grace me with a reply. Do you think I was doing it for my own good or for the sites benefit? I wanted someone to overlook a paypal site of that nature but you couldn't be bothered to reply. I appreciate that this site takes a lot of your time but a simple yes or no would have been courteous.

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Yeah but Ian, he gets bonuses of £1500+.

So you lose.

£1350 is my best. It tends to range anywhere from 600-1200 a month generally.

Mind you, you constantly manage to prove yourself wrong so I am not surprised that you have achieved it again. The fact you follow me about is more alarming though.

[Edited on 03-05-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 10 at 01:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm actually not too arsed about the statistics, I just want to point out to you that you are just one person on here. Whether there are ten or ten thousand active is beside the point, it's not just you.
Limecat
Banned

3rd May 10 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it is not just me but I would like to point out you are contradicting yourself, you were gong on about 30k people until that point was nullified, now statistics don't matter? Make your mind up?

So if I am 1 person as you correctly say, am I just unlucky, am I the norm, hell maybe I have more luck than most on here? I know where I would put my money. This place is over-run with 'neds' at present.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd May 10 at 01:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nullified?

Stop waving your internet cock and just read what I wrote.

You claimed it was just this web site, which is incorrect.

You then used your own personal experience to describe that of everyone else, which is incorrect.

I cited a few examples of problems elsewhere, which you ignored, claiming that mathematical superiority would somehow grace you with the position of everyone else who isn't you.

Anyway. It's not just this web site. Carry on.
Limecat
Banned

3rd May 10 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL!

The title says 'so many timewasters' not 'everyone is a timewaster'.

Ian, you can bury your head in the sand and I have given my reasonings/thoughts; A Corsa s a budget banger.

I cited good people on here but it doesn't negate the fact that there are a lot of timewasting mongs on here.

I love the fact you chucked in demographics at the start and site user numbers but then decide that statistics aren't important? Why bring them up?
MJFF88

3rd May 10 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not convinced I'd give you my money if this is how you go around speaking to people. Very narrow minded imo
SR91

3rd May 10 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
tbf every site has its problems but im finding these issues aswell lately. Guess Kids just dont have the money any more and rare/expensive parts are expected to go for pennies.
I ask for £80 cash +p&p for something and i get offered £60 inc p&p or an X-Box

I just want money for PVS

Yeah i've been offered an xbox before
BarnshaW

3rd May 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can we put red writing under LETGSI16V, due to the anger in this thread I am worried he might buy something and not send the money.
P1CK4D

3rd May 10 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, ive always found this site great to sell things on. My entire stipped corsa was sold within a month and a bit in parts and what was left chucked on ebay to get rid. Never had a problem selling or buying on here.
Limecat
Banned

3rd May 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
I'm not convinced I'd give you my money if this is how you go around speaking to people. Very narrow minded imo

I'm not convinced you would send it anyway. I'm selling items for a car not my view points.
kz

3rd May 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to admit it's slightly more here than anywhere else. If I put things up for sale I get loads of U2U's then they just pull out and never hear from then again. I've sold lots of things on Cliosport with no trouble, but they have a proper iTrader thing which I think is better.
cjohnson

3rd May 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that on the whole, CS is great for buying/selling parts. Just gotta watch out for who you buy things off tbh. I don't buy from anyone with the red writing.

And IMO, you can tell if someone is genuinely interested in buying something you have for sale, or genuinely interested in selling you something.

Don't get so worked up about it LET
Twitch

3rd May 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well from what i know Ian is working on something to do with selling and buying on the site to try make it better anyway. And i've never had a problem on this site. i think some people just take it more personally than others
Limecat
Banned

3rd May 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
I think that on the whole, CS is great for buying/selling parts. Just gotta watch out for who you buy things off tbh. I don't buy from anyone with the red writing.

And IMO, you can tell if someone is genuinely interested in buying something you have for sale, or genuinely interested in selling you something.

Don't get so worked up about it LET

It's really bloody annoying though, it's one thing asking questions or whatever but why ask for a paypal address then do nothing? You don't goto a store, fill your trolley have them scan everything whilst you just walk away so why do these people do it? Are they just stupid? Are they deluded and want things they can't afford?

It's not even as if they have the decency to keep you informed if they are having problems.

In the meantime, as is the case here you have told someone else the item is sold and by the time you realise they have pissed you about you have lost a sale!
John

3rd May 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe they've read some of your posts and just wanted to take the piss out of you for being such a cunt.
Twitch

3rd May 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Limecat
Banned

3rd May 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Maybe they've read some of your posts and just wanted to take the piss out of you for being such a cunt.

Maybe? I suppose with all the daft little children on here they would think of something like that?
johnny86
Premium Member

3rd May 10 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but not everyone is like that i was meant to buy a few things on here from different people but as losing my job and having two children to feed clothe etc i had to let them down while looking for full time employment too.... you cant tar everyone with the same brush it just isnt fair!!!
Hammer

3rd May 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has this plank fucked off yet?
Nath

3rd May 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Mind you, you constantly manage to prove yourself wrong so I am not surprised that you have achieved it again. The fact you follow me about is more alarming though.

Wow, Nath in 'I dont know how much you actually earn' shocker

Oh and I follow you? Is that why you randomly named me in some thread in Sports Day?
Nath

3rd May 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

No, but if we waste his time whenever he posts in Classifieds he might well leave. Seems he is deeply troubled by the delaings he has had.
Limecat
Banned

3rd May 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
but not everyone is like that i was meant to buy a few things on here from different people but as losing my job and having two children to feed clothe etc i had to let them down while looking for full time employment too.... you cant tar everyone with the same brush it just isnt fair!!!

I am sorry to hear that.

However, I will bet that you had the decency to send messages to people and say that due to circumstances you couldn't buy the items you were wanting? I appreciate shit in life happens but why ask for a paypal address and do nothing? THAT is my gripe.

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

You are offline if that is what you mean?

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Wow, Nath in 'I dont know how much you actually earn' shocker

Oh and I follow you? Is that why you randomly named me in some thread in Sports Day?

Correct, you don't.

I do find it very strange that you seem more concerned about my bonus than I am though? You have mentioned it a number of times (or at least some others have? ) where it has no relevance to the topic, just as you did on this thread. I placed 1 month on Arsenal to win the league, they didn't. It is no great deal, at the end of the day you don't gamble what you cannot afford to lose.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why is it that there are so many timewasters on here? 22 database queries in 0.6426430 seconds