corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Well Summers coming, Garden time....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well Summers coming, Garden time....
A2H GO

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Colin we moved into our new build last year and will be starting the garden soon. Looking to use quite a bit of decking as we can get it cheap and the Mrs old man is a joiner so is going to lay it, plus its low maintainence. So out come the paint designs

Heres a not very good pic of the garden:

And my idea,lol:

The middle section should be something along the lines of below with a step up with a couple of potted plants on there:

And id like the decking colour, edges and steps to be like this:

Its quite hard with the garden being on a gradient but because of that we wanted a bit of decking at the top where we can sit an look back at the house/garden even though the sun tends to be on the lower decking area pretty much all day.

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
a_j_mair

26th Apr 10 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plans look really good, take it the blue bit is a pond
A2H GO

27th Apr 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
plans look really good, take it the blue bit is a pond

Oh yeah, forgot to label that

Might be starting the decking this weekend, will just have to try and work out how much we will need.
Colin

27th Apr 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck sake your garden looks finished - complete compared to mine!!
corsa120

27th Apr 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4get the decking did all mine last year lol winter killed it along with everything else i.e fence paint etc, waste of money and never looks as good as first time you do it lol, im going back to basics now ive had all the gimic stuff lol.......
A2H GO

27th Apr 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Fuck sake your garden looks finished - complete compared to mine!!

Yeah a bit of turf makes a big difference. They gave us a shed too which is just off to the left of the pic.

[Edited on 27-04-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
A2H GO

27th Apr 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
4get the decking did all mine last year lol winter killed it along with everything else i.e fence paint etc, waste of money and never looks as good as first time you do it lol, im going back to basics now ive had all the gimic stuff lol.......

Really Did you get decent stuff? I know people who have had decking years and it still looks fine. Some of it even comes with a 10 year gaurentee.
corsa120

27th Apr 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it never got ruined to be honest........ i used wickes stuff and its all still intact etc and looks the same but it fades and wears etc and just generally never looks as good 1 year on lol.....

only advising i had my gardens looking awesome and its gets to the point where you have to spend a fortune evry year to keep it looking fresh and new...... gop for it though dude your plan looks awesome
Graham88

27th Apr 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely that's the idea of maintenance? Like re-painting the fence etc
Jay

28th Apr 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never understood the idea of a path that leads to nowhere? I know its leading to decking but the size of it, I cant see it being used, Just think theres a lot more you could do with it.

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by Jay]
A2H GO

28th Apr 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
I've never understood the idea of a path that leads to nowhere? I know its leading to decking but the size of it, I cant see it being used, Just think theres a lot more you could do with it.

Its for show lets face it, we could easily walk over the grass but it look pretty.
noshua

28th Apr 10 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have the 10-year guarantee stuff (no idea what brand or line, sorry) and unless you look after it (i.e. clean or stain it) it does look like shit after a while. Probably the same with any type though.
Jay

3rd May 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

Its for show lets face it, we could easily walk over the grass but it look pretty.

Should of been more specific, I mean cant see the decking being used at the back, theres a lot more you could do with that garden I meant to say, I'd re-look at your plans if you havent started and make each bit more purposeful, just judging from the size that decking area will be too small at the back?
A2H GO

4th May 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

Should of been more specific, I mean cant see the decking being used at the back, theres a lot more you could do with that garden I meant to say, I'd re-look at your plans if you havent started and make each bit more purposeful, just judging from the size that decking area will be too small at the back?

True. We have re-thought it and i doubt its going to look anything like the plan, based on cost alone. We priced up the decking for the lower bit only and its coming in around £1500 and thats with the Mrs dad fitting it.
Lawrah
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very ambitious
A2H GO

4th May 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
very ambitious

People said that about our house when we first showed them the plans but its nearly finished exactly how we wanted it. Im always up for a challenge but it all comes down to cost.

New Poll