corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is a hand brake cable hard to change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is a hand brake cable hard to change
pooly-adam

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me handbrake cable jst snapped is it tricky to do on a corsa
Rich H

22nd Apr 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's low and your trying to do it jacked up on the drive, yes. I couldn't get my car high enough so had to take it to a garage in the end
pooly-adam

22nd Apr 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dam it lol i jst had a quick look and i couldnt see were it snapped usually u can see it danglin dwn does it come in seperate sections as its stinn connected in the drums jst me handbrake lever comes right up and does nowt
lostboy
Banned

22nd Apr 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It comes in separate sections yes I cant remember if its a long piece from the hand brake then splits into two at the back for the left and right drum, one side being longer than the other (left is longer iirc)
smcGSI16V

22nd Apr 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drivers side is the short one. Near side goes to the handbrake. Piece of piss to change, soak the adjuster which joins the 2 in plenty of wd40, the only pain is getting underneath the car to do it.

They normally tend to snap where they go through the the part where they turn from the beam to the drum.

Short side is much easier to change than the long side but in reality you may as well change both whilst your at it.
Crana

22nd Apr 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's easy just need to take the back drums off which is probs the hardest part
pooly-adam

22nd Apr 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys looks like a job to do on saturday

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is a hand brake cable hard to change 22 database queries in 0.0223291 seconds