corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » fruits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fruits
dhanson08

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the best fruits on a low calorie diet im currently eating pears but they contain quite alot of sugar 10% of gda also orange juice has alot of sugar so just looking for different options
Ben G

22nd Mar 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bananas are great but to be honest, every fruit i've ever had have loads of sugar in.

but it's good sugars your body needs to function properly. i wouldn't worry about it if i were you.
dhanson08

22nd Mar 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok just i can have like 3 pears a day.cheers though thought it would be a different sort of sugar
DizzyRebel

22nd Mar 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grapefruit and pineapple are the only ones you should eat on a fat loss diet. DO NOT DRINK FRUIT JUICE. that is all
psycho sport

22nd Mar 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
grapefruit and pineapple are the only ones you should eat on a fat loss diet. DO NOT DRINK FRUIT JUICE. that is all

wrong, i m losing fat and i dont even eat those two fruits. I eat bananas, oranges, apples. It doesnt matter, its all about balance.

[Edited on 22-03-2010 by psycho sport]
Hammer

22nd Mar 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhanson08
ok just i can have like 3 pears a day.cheers though thought it would be a different sort of sugar

Your 5 a day should be individual and distinct as far as health reasons go. 3 pears would only count as 1 portion.
MatthewR

22nd Mar 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have to mix them up abit, u cant just eat the same fruit 3 times a day every day
dhanson08

23rd Mar 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not drink fruit juice?because of the sugar?
sc0ott

23rd Mar 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard that bananas can be a good weight gainer as well. dont know where i heard that though. everyones metabolism is different so...
DizzyRebel

23rd Mar 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

Your 5 a day should be individual and distinct as far as health reasons go. 3 pears would only count as 1 portion.

5 a day is bullshit. we need 20-30 portions a day to see any actual medicinal benefits from fruit or veg because todays fruits and veg are so nutrient and vitamin empty.

Just take 2 super powerful multivits daily and use fruits and veg as fillers for the fibre they contain. Best fruits are pineapple and grapefruit and best veg is broccoli.
DizzyRebel

23rd Mar 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport
quote:

wrong, i m losing fat and i dont even eat those two fruits. I eat bananas, oranges, apples. It doesnt matter, its all about balance.

Fruit is just sugar wrapped in fibre, your diet must have been awful beforhand if you are eating loads of fruit and loosing weight. On an optimal fat loss diet, fruit has a very small part to play and you only eat pineapple or grapefruit due to their metabolism stimulating properties.
DizzyRebel

23rd Mar 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes, fruit juice is just like drinking a bottle of coke or lemonade. Fruit juice is all the sugars from fruit with none of the good stuff like fibre so its just an empty calorie. orange, grape or blackcurrant juice is ok after training as the vit c in it helps in muscle repair.
psycho sport

23rd Mar 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport
quote:

Fruit is just sugar wrapped in fibre, your diet must have been awful beforhand if you are eating loads of fruit and loosing weight. On an optimal fat loss diet, fruit has a very small part to play and you only eat pineapple or grapefruit due to their metabolism stimulating properties.

Nah, diet has never been bad, now its spot on. I never said i m eating loads of fruit and losing weight, just 2 portions a day. They make up such a small amount of my daily intake that they have no real effect. It's easy to quote what you read in the interweb but i think getting out there and doing them are two very different things. The effect and benefits of eating pineapple or grapefruit over 2 other fruits would be soo minor that it wouldnt be worth it. Eat clean, eat healthy and enjoy it, then you ll see results!
dhanson08

23rd Mar 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dizzyrebel i only have 400ml of orange juice a day as i take 200ml on a morining and night with my protein powder.im worried about this now.lol
Hammer

23rd Mar 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

5 a day is bullshit. we need 20-30 portions a day to see any actual medicinal benefits from fruit or veg because todays fruits and veg are so nutrient and vitamin empty.

Just take 2 super powerful multivits daily and use fruits and veg as fillers for the fibre they contain. Best fruits are pineapple and grapefruit and best veg is broccoli.

5 a day is bullshit.....just take supplements and use fruit and veg as fillers

You surpass yourself with every comment.
Hammer

23rd Mar 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yes, fruit juice is just like drinking a bottle of coke or lemonade. Fruit juice is all the sugars from fruit with none of the good stuff like fibre so its just an empty calorie. orange, grape or blackcurrant juice is ok after training as the vit c in it helps in muscle repair.

And again. The juice of a natural occuring fruit is just like necking a bottle of artificial sugars, flavourings and any other shite.

Do you genuinely believe the shite you spout?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » fruits 23 database queries in 0.0141010 seconds