corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had an unlucky day yesterday.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had an unlucky day yesterday.
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how there are a few people questioning why ben shouldnt claim, he has an injury (regarldess of how serious as that is dictated by the amount he may recieve). If it was me then i would claim, almost regardless how serious the injury (well not scratch but whiplash, bad back etc) is if it is someones elses mistake why should you not be compensated. Personally i think if it is someelse fuck up why not get the compensation for the inconvenience alone of having to sort out the insurance etc never mind the injury itself.

Its no different to anything in life. If you paid Sky for TV example and they overcharged you, i know i would want some sort of compensation for the inconvenice, do you then moan that becuase somebody got discount that everyone elses sky bill is going to go up, you just enjoy it.

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by Toby]
MarkM

24th Mar 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
As I said I'd claim for the period I was genuinely injured for and no longer.

More fool you.

You as an individual are not going to change the millions of other people who claim for as much as they can get.

So the only person who will lose out is you.... your premium keeps going up and up due to excessive claims and you walk away with 50p compensation.

I know its wrong, but its how the world is, you wont change it, as the saying goes if you cant beat them, join them...

Thank you for being honest and also proving my assessment of society is correct.
MarkM

24th Mar 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
mark get off your high horse and u2u me about the full story before saying things like that.

i know the people you mean. my cousin, 21 years old, got a council house, rent paid for etc, loads of benefits and he's doing cash in hand work with his dad. pisses me right off but i'll just wait 'til the benefit fraud people catch up with him...

i am genuinely injured. the medical nurse at work yesterday (i work at ford dagenham plant so it's a huge complex, not some silly first aider who went on a 1 day course) sent me home and told me i was so silly and stupid for even attempting to come into work....

i told her i wanted to show i was willing to work as i'm not the type to go off sick. i haven't had a day off sick in over 2 years, and the only other time i was off sick was when the doctor signed me off with orchitis.

nevertheless she told me to go home and rest and if i come in it's at my own risk.

i've phoned in sick today as i keep getting pains when standing up. the only way i can describe it is after playing a football match for an hour, running around constantly and feeling breathless and needing to lean on something.

Maybe I tarred you with the same brush.

If you're injured claim for the period you are injured. I have no problem with that. It's the exaggerating scum bags I can't stand, or, worse still, the fraudsters who are not even injured.
MarkM

24th Mar 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steven_r2008
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djmattyh
quote:
A reputable Insurance company will have no affiliation with an accident management company. The Insurance industry know credit hire is a serious problem as accident management companies take the piss with examples like given above. The Ministry of Justice reforms are aimed at getting rid of accident management companies and other hangers on screwing the industry. They are mostly to blame for the claims culture.
Don't be such a pedantic cunt. so if someone hit you from behind, you wouldn't claim? you would be stupid not to if you were hurt.

If I was hurt and couldn't work yes. Not for a slightly sore neck though. What annoys me is the people who say they are injured exaggerate the injury to obtain more compensation. Those who exaggerate have a medical report completed which will state a certain prognosis which far exceeds their actual injury timescale and they will know it.

If I had a sore neck for 3-4 days I'd expect compensation for that period only which doesn't amount to much. You see people exaggerating and obtaining 2k plus for the same injury.

1. you my friend sound like an utter twa* and sounds to me like you are bitter about other people being able to claim money you haven't had.

2. also people don't say 'yes mate, i want £2k compensation', insurance companies offer an amount, and more often than not, that amount exceeds a grand. go and get a life.

1. You're a moron if you think I'm jealous about anyone who can obtain a couple of grand from an accident. I don't need the money I've got a well paid job. It's the principal.

2. Wrong. An insurance company doesn't pluck a figure out the air and offer it. An offer is based on an assessment of injuries which normally has been arranged by the Claimant/accident management company through a medical expert who is normally biased towards the Claimant. Medical experts assessments are heavily based on what the Claimant informs them as normally they are months after the accident when the injuries have long gone.

Don't talk shite about something you don't really understand.

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by MarkM]
AndyCorsaSport

24th Mar 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Pfft wimp.

Me and the girlfriend were hit by a car a few week back, we doing about 40, other car around 70. In the gf's car, bent her axle, broke bumper, destoyed wheel and tyre, and the driver didnt stop. Stop moaning, you got details.

The other car was doing 70, did all that damage to your car and was in a state to drive off with out you getting any details?! I smell it.

Around 70, us 40, same direction, so will have been a 20-30mph clash, at a guess. And dont ask how he drove off, i have no idea at all. Couldnt give a shit what you "smell" your a person on the internet, i wont loose sleep if you dont belive me. But i was there, and know what happened, and now my gf is -£350 cause she had to claim on her own insurance.
Ben G

24th Mar 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell, lot of arguing in here

i went back to work today, got put on light duties so just stood around all day doing nothing at all.

big mistake, my back was agony and i looked like steven hawkings according to mates

the doctor offered me 2 weeks signed off work but i declined.
AndyCorsaSport

24th Mar 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
bloody hell, lot of arguing in here

i went back to work today, got put on light duties so just stood around all day doing nothing at all.

big mistake, my back was agony and i looked like steven hawkings according to mates

the doctor offered me 2 weeks signed off work but i declined.

You sound worse than what i was shit though isnt it, dont know how i can go about a claim for whiplash for me and the gf, cause we didnt get no details as he fucked off. Had a day off work though like you, and went docs twice.
Colin

24th Mar 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Alfa........something something something.........£285 a day!

Highway robbery?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had an unlucky day yesterday. 22 database queries in 0.0113809 seconds