corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had an unlucky day yesterday.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had an unlucky day yesterday.
Ben G

User status: Offline
   21st Mar 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly, driving to lakeside (shopping centre), come to a roundabout, left lane goes left only, right lane goes straight over, right, and back round again. the lane markings on the road clearly show this, as do huge letters on the road.

the car in front of me (a blue renault scenic) goes into the left lane, i go into the right lane to go straight on, next thing i know she's cut back in after realising she was in the wrong lane and drove into the back of me whilst i was turning into a road

felt my back go straight away, neck took a pounding too. my girlfriend was in the car with me and hurt her lower back too.

then she gets out, says it's my fault because i slowed down and cut her up.

got a witness to prove i was in the right. not much cosmetic damage, rear fog light and a cover popped out, and scratched rear bumper but can't see anything else bend behind it.

then....

after i had drove to lakeside shopping centre for a second time, bought some stuff, got in my car to drive off, sat and waited for a young girl (about 18) to reverse into a space and she decided to back into me scratched my bonnet and front bumper.

i'm claiming for the first accident but not bothering with the 2nd as it was only scratches.

just my luck, 2 collisions in one day

just glad i was in a shoddy puma and not the focus

[/paul j style essay.]

[Edited on 21-03-2010 by Ben G]
Neo

21st Mar 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not good ben, like you said could have been so much worse.

You and the girlfriend feeling ok today though ? Been to the docs for a check just in case ?
LeeM

21st Mar 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was gonna say, at least it wasnt the focus. but they probably would have seen you if you were in that
Joe

21st Mar 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that I'm saying your a con man or anything but

not much cosmetic damage, rear fog light and a cover popped out, and scratched rear bumper but can't see anything else bend behind it.

Surely it wasn't that hard of a hit to put your neck and back out plus your mrs?
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear Ben But like you said, good job it wasn't the Focus.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
FAZ
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phew, i had visions of scratched focus etc, forgot you had a puma.

least your ok, id still claim for the second though n put the woman fromt he 1sr collision into a driving theory lesson, stupid div
taylorboosh

21st Mar 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id claim for the first but and get a wippy claim in, the second id probably ask if she wanted to settle without insurance as she will be paying enough insurance to begin with
AndyCorsaSport

21st Mar 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pfft wimp.

Me and the girlfriend were hit by a car a few week back, we doing about 40, other car around 70. In the gf's car, bent her axle, broke bumper, destoyed wheel and tyre, and the driver didnt stop. Stop moaning, you got details.
MarkM

21st Mar 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 pages.
Ben G

21st Mar 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Not that I'm saying your a con man or anything but

not much cosmetic damage, rear fog light and a cover popped out, and scratched rear bumper but can't see anything else bend behind it.

Surely it wasn't that hard of a hit to put your neck and back out plus your mrs?

i had to go to work today (overtime so if i cancelled it i get banned) and went straight to our medical centre. the nurse there said you can get whiplash from anything. when i mentioned the speed the woman would've been going (20-30mph) she said i shouldn't even be in work and should go to hospital.

all it needs is a small jolt to push your neck backwards. the bumper pushed back out as it's just plastic. there could be damage underneath it but i haven't checked, thats what insurance is for.

i had an accident in my 1st year of driving where a van driver wrote my corsa off. he admitted liability and i never claimed any injuries for that so i'm not the type to claim for no reason.

i'm genuinely hurt, so is my girlfriend. why should i be injured and in pain just because some silly woman decided to ram me from behind?

seriously, people on here love to moan about anything
Ben G

21st Mar 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame it wasn't in the focus really as the recaros were very supportive and held my head well. the seats in the puma are far too small for me and i can't sit with the upright seat straight as it's very uncomfortable, which is more than likely why we got our injuries.

the difference a few years makes in safety i guess.
am4nf

21st Mar 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the fact that people are saying dont claim etc, your a fucking complete mong if you dont claim for some dafty hitting into your car and injuring you

ben is completely in the right and I dont believe any of your modesty pleas
MarkM

21st Mar 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The difference a few years makes in society's claims mentality. I don't for one minute think you're injured.
Jake

21st Mar 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fortunately you have a witness. Too many crafty cunts on the road that will make any excuse
am4nf

21st Mar 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
The difference a few years makes in society's claims mentality. I don't for one minute think you're injured.

Whats wednesdays lottery numbers?
Ben G

21st Mar 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

come visit me in my house then you silly twat i've already been to the ford medical centre, been seen by a highly qualified private nurse who told me i shouldn't haven't even came into work and should definitely call in sick tomorrow as i get sick pay during week days.

have a doctors appointment tomorrow to get checked over.

the fact my neck is making weird noises when i move it tells me theres something not right.

don't be a spastic.
Graham88

21st Mar 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me some people on here make me laugh.

Unlucky as hell Ben, but tbh I think you should claim for both, not your fault so why should you suffer for it?
Ben G

21st Mar 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd one only caused scratches to the front bumper and bonnet, so not going to claim for it.

imagine me phoning my insurance company up after telling them about the first accident.

would've if it was the focus, but for a puma, it's not worth it for a few scratches really.
Fad

21st Mar 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You what? He was hit from behind and was not anticipating it. Hence why it is very possibly he got whiplash. If you anticpate an impact your responses firm the muscles in your neck. There are so many contributary factors such as your posture when driving which play a part.

I got hit from behind twice once at 30mph (fucked me up) and the second time at no more than 10mph The second time I didn't suffer from whiplash but my g/f at the time did and was sore for a couple of days.

MarkM

21st Mar 10 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're the reason everyone has to pay extra on insurance. You said you felt it right away so why did you continue onto Lakeside. If it was that bad I'd be straight the A+E as you may have a broken neck brother.
Chris x

21st Mar 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You're the reason everyone has to pay extra on insurance. You said you felt it right away so why did you continue onto Lakeside. If it was that bad I'd be straight the A+E as you may have a broken neck brother.
Graham88

21st Mar 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whiplash doesn't affect you straight away in most cases.
MarkM

22nd Mar 10 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure he said he felt it straight away (can't be arsed scrolling up I'm on my phone).
martinlird

22nd Mar 10 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No he felt his back hurt straight away, but his neck took a pounding.

I don't know why people are being such cocks! We all have different pain threshholds and some people can be affected worse than others.

Someone may have had the exact same crash, to the exact degree, however, if you are sat with you hair on the headrest it won't affect you asmuch as haveing your head forward a couple of inches.

There so many different variables that can affect it! So if your just going to say he's a scammer then think again before you post your stupid ass comment. After all, he has still had two crashes!
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Mar 10 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You're the reason everyone has to pay extra on insurance

no; insurance companies diddling one another is the reason that they cost so much - My A3 was shunted in the snow; needed a new back bumper, under light trim and a small paintless dent repair to the rear 1/4 panel. Certainly no more than a weeks work.

I used a claims management company as offered by my insurance company as it was a 100% fault claim against the other person. They provided me with an Alfa Romeo Spider (I had no choice as to spec of car) at a rate of £285 a day! My Audi was at the bodyshop for 6 weeks costing in the region of £11,970 for the hire car alone.

To top things off, they replaced not only the rear bumper but also the entire rear 1/4 panel was cut out and replaced. They repalced the under light trim and the nearside rear lamp (no damage to the o/e item at all) and painted the entire side of the car!

I would estimate the final bill with hire car to be £15,000 to put that in persepctive, my A3 at absoloute best is worth £3500

[Edited on 22-03-2010 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had an unlucky day yesterday. 23 database queries in 0.1398921 seconds