corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » remapping - worth the money ??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author remapping - worth the money ??
jono22

User status: Offline
17th Mar 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Often see adverts for chipping / mapping for various cars , know one guy who had a 5 series BMW who after paying the best part off £500 to a mobile tuner found virtualy know difference to the overall performance / fuel economy etc to the car !!

anyone here had there car remappped, truthfully does the claims off +50BHP that these companies claim on some cars actually take place ??

always fancied a skoda octavia vrs and notice this is one car that is advertised as having very good gains with a remap.

so okay anyone who has had there car remamped share there findings ??

lastly is mobile remapping actually safe enough ?? would have thought that a rolling roads sessions would have been a must for this type off work - nope ??
AndyCorsaSport

17th Mar 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turbos, and turbo diesels see good gains, n/a cars probly wont see very much difference tbh.
jono22

17th Mar 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay cheers , good enough gains enough to back up there +25 / +50 BHP claims ??

realise that uprating any cars original power is going to stress out theengine more but are these remaps safe enough if done properly ??
JONTYGSI
Banned

17th Mar 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my old corsa 1.2 sxi remapped,was sitting at approx 125bhp after and pulled in every gear
AndyCorsaSport

17th Mar 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jono22
Okay cheers , good enough gains enough to back up there +25 / +50 BHP claims ??

realise that uprating any cars original power is going to stress out theengine more but are these remaps safe enough if done properly ??

Possibly on a turbo, but still looking and a fair £300+ easily. Get MK4 Astra GSi for example, around £500 gives you a good remap few other little bits, and around 40bhp or somewhere near.
AndyCorsaSport

17th Mar 10 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JONTYGSI
i got my old corsa 1.2 sxi remapped,was sitting at approx 125bhp after and pulled in every gear

shibby

17th Mar 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

was that being sarcastic, i cant tell
Nic Barnes

17th Mar 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

my gsi was 515 after a remap
shibby

17th Mar 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has his LCR mapped, he gained about 35 bhp and a solid lump of torque. feels noticably stronger on the road.
Matt L

18th Mar 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 30bhp increase and loads more torque tbh best money i have spent on the car, shames its still shit
andyc1234

18th Mar 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the vag tdi engines love being mapped. you can push the 130 to over 200 with a house load of torque as well
mattk

18th Mar 10 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 54 bhp made a big difference
antnee

18th Mar 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
the vag tdi engines love being mapped. you can push the 130 to over 200 with a house load of torque as well

No you cant as the turbo goes pop at a bit over 190!

Most turbo (petrol or diesel) map to about 30-40bhp more than standard. A decent mobile mapper is fine as for a normal map, its just being downloaded onto your car, it would only go on a rolling road to get power figures
dale87

18th Mar 10 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates standard ibiza cupra went from 150 to 189 after a remap. it seemed to gain alot more pull from 4000rpm to the redline but tbh I really dont think its that much quicker than before under 3.5-4k revs.
Twitch

18th Mar 10 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your running a turbo then you should see a good 50bhp rise or more. red.dot is a good place to look into if its near you as they cost £250 for a remap and are really really good. managed to see 102bhp rise in my friends astra coupe
jono22

18th Mar 10 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
if your running a turbo then you should see a good 50bhp rise or more. red.dot is a good place to look into if its near you as they cost £250 for a remap and are really really good. managed to see 102bhp rise in my friends astra coupe

102 bhp rise for just £250, now that must be a bargain !!!!!!

yep fair enough guys seems a cost effective mod but surely these so called +25 / +50bhp etc gains if genuine should make the car much, much more quicker, from what I am reading a lot are saying an increase in mid range etc etc was achived, again +50bhp is a heck off a lot off a power gain and if a genuine figure then would like to see a massive difference rather than just a slightly better mid range or whatver the particular car that was being mapped showed ??

Quote :
My mates standard ibiza cupra went from 150 to 189 after a remap. it seemed to gain alot more pull from 4000rpm to the redline but tbh I really dont think its that much quicker than before under 3.5-4k revs.

In the above case we are talking nearly 40bhp off a differnce and yet the guy says he only noticed a lot more pull from 4000 rpm but that he does not think its that much quicker than before under 3.5-4k revs.
surely 40BHP onto a cars standard power output should make a massive differnce that would be noticed in every respect- nope ??

am I missing something here ??!!
Warren G

18th Mar 10 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the car

if its a turbo or desiel it is obvious, you feel it instant, as long as there dyno tested maps from a reliable source, ie not someone writing there own maps there.....then should be fine

though for N/A you have to have to be used to the car, and you will notice small changes (some people just dont know the difference)

tyicaly you will see 5-8% increase in a petrol N/A, but the vauxhall z18xer with vvt you can see 20bhp increase! pretty amazing tbh 15% increase

i can get graphs on ones, for example here a stage one, apart from remap astra vxr, gained 43bhp (rolled 230bhp before) and pushed 308lbft peak over 240lbft standard

you can see the difference, and the two iv done, both are very impressed with how it drives now
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 10 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doing remapping for a living i can honestly say that yes on the turbo diesel and turbo petrol cars every one has made a huge difference. NA cars do make a difference but usually not so massive, we usually remap a NA car in combination with other modifications like fitment of cams, inlet mods etc.
Fro

18th Mar 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are power restrictions in 1st 2nd and i think maybe 3rd on my n/a 350. This apparently can be mapped out, and have heard from a few other owners that it is worthwhile doing after a couple of things.

Without a doubt it's definately worth it on turbo cars.
corsa_nation

18th Mar 10 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an Octavia VRS, it was 180bhp and is now somewhere around 210bhp after the remap. It made a huge difference in performance, a little bit less mpg but loads of bang for your buck
AK

18th Mar 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of getting the RR done. Anyone got real world expereince of before and after remaps with the TDV6's?

Range Rover Sport TDV6
Standard - 190BHP
Remapped - 238BHP
Standard - 440Nm - 325lbft
Remapped - 500Nm - 370lbft
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 10 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done a few tdv6's now thru work adam, deffo a noticable gain, alot of people tend to do it for the fuel saving rather than the performance side of things. it is a noticable performance difference on them aswell
AK

18th Mar 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you avoid any of the plug in tuning boxes over a flashed remap tailored to the car?
Ash_EP3

18th Mar 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea was gonna say, no point in remapping a standard N/A car. My mate (who also owns a type r) wanted to remap his and he's only got a blitz air filter he would get very minimal difference imo.

Need mods first!

Wish I had bought a turbo tbh
tom-gardiner

18th Mar 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only on turbo'd cars!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » remapping - worth the money ?? 22 database queries in 0.0272880 seconds