corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Moved in! Update: sofa pics.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Moved in! Update: sofa pics.
Ben G

User status: Offline
8th Mar 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally got my mortgage sorted out. we went to an estate agents last summer but the mortgage advisor there was faffing about and spent ages sorting loads of bits out.

we decided to fuck the estate agents off and went to halifax on saturday, and came out 45 minutes later with a mortgage promise for 180k (can borrow up to 221k). so much easier.

3 years fixed rate of 6.39%, paying back £960 odd for the 3 years, then after that it'll go down to £630.

we went to natwest who couldn't touch it so i'm glad that's sorted.

found a house we want so putting an offer in for it today, just hope it gets accepted

moral of the story, go directly to a bank to get your mortgage and not a mortgage advisor in an estate agents.

[Edited on 30-06-2010 by Ben G]
Conway563

8th Mar 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate

[Edited on 08-03-2010 by Conway563]
Colin

8th Mar 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done the going straight to the bank 1st time and it was so much easier, the financial advisors we get recommended to use the 2nd time round were a pain in the hoop and seemed more interested in what extras they could sell us.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep straight to the bank for me too, the mrs had an account with them when she was a nipper too so got a lower rate

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ben G

8th Mar 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah same as us. got 0.2% off which doesn't seem a lot but over 35 years it is

Fro

8th Mar 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scoob
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halifax for me to, was sorted in under an hour
ash_corsa

8th Mar 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much deposit you putting down on £180k bud?

Could you not have got a lower rate?

Ben G

8th Mar 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10% deposit on 180k, so 18k. our 176k got accepted so we have £17600 deposit to put down.

could've got a lower rate is we had saved 25% deposit but thats 30k+ which is far too much to save in this short time.

_Allan_

9th Mar 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats Ben, I'm so glad we got together the 25% for ours. At the rates now we'd be paying an extra £90 a month, have a monster booking fee and valuation on top.
ash_corsa

9th Mar 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
10% deposit on 180k, so 18k. our 176k got accepted so we have £17600 deposit to put down.

could've got a lower rate is we had saved 25% deposit but thats 30k+ which is far too much to save in this short time.

Fair play with the £17k deposit, must have taken some hard saving!

Me and the Mrs had to put £11k down on our place, was horrible handing it over to the solicitors!
Best thing ever thou having your own place and i havent even lived in mine yet, nearly done now, should really get a progress thread going!

Best of luck with it all bud.
AlunJ

10th Mar 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done fella! :-) at least thats the hard part sorted! I take it you've found somewhere you like?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with the Halifax - Staff rate though

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

11th Mar 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
well done fella! :-) at least thats the hard part sorted! I take it you've found somewhere you like?

yes mate, this 2 bed semi in chafford hundred, about 15 minutes from where i currently live and a 10minute drive to work.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24070327.html?minPrice=170000&maxPrice=180000&minBedrooms=2&maxBedrooms=2&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on&pageNumber=1&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E5950%26minPrice%3D170000%26maxPrice%3D180000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26maxBedrooms%3D2%26includeSSTC%3Dtrue%26_includeSSTC%3Don

it's sooooo difficult buying a house. the amount of paperwork is immense
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
go directly to a bank to get your mortgage and not a mortgage advisor in an estate agents.
Ditto that.
Fad

11th Mar 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Ben, I almost moved to Chafford hundred when they first started developing it!

Mental how cheap it is compared to just literally over the river.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Mar 10 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yes mate, this 2 bed semi in chafford hundred, about 15 minutes from where i currently live and a 10minute drive to work.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24070327.html?minPrice=170000&maxPrice=180000&minBedrooms=2&maxBedrooms=2&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on&pageNumber=1&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E5950%26minPrice%3D170000%26maxPrice%3D180000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26maxBedrooms%3D2%26includeSSTC%3Dtrue%26_includeSSTC%3Don

it's sooooo difficult buying a house. the amount of paperwork is immense

Wait until you get the bills for it all. Legal Bill, mortgage arrangement fee, Stamp Duty. That's all on top of the deposit .

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

12th Mar 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got that already phil, £3027

stamp dutys the killer
A2H GO

12th Mar 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats dude. We sorted our 1st mortgage with Halifax last year, the financial advisor could'nt get anywhere near the rate we got going direct, they are a waste of time.
Carl

12th Mar 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went with a broker, make sure they are whole of market though then they aren't just pushing a certain product. Ours helped us no end with the process.

Seperate to that Ben, you say you have a 3 year fixed and after that it goes down to £630, how do you know what the rate will be after the 3 years? I thought it went variable after the fixed term so it would be dependant on the interest rates?

Congrats by the way!

[Edited on 12-03-2010 by Carl]
AlunJ

12th Mar 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
go directly to a bank to get your mortgage and not a mortgage advisor in an estate agents.
Ditto that.

I made that mistake but then again it was helpful to have someone to fall back on who knew the whole process.
Ben G

12th Mar 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
We went with a broker, make sure they are whole of market though then they aren't just pushing a certain product. Ours helped us no end with the process.

Seperate to that Ben, you say you have a 3 year fixed and after that it goes down to £630, how do you know what the rate will be after the 3 years? I thought it went variable after the fixed term so it would be dependant on the interest rates?

Congrats by the way!

[Edited on 12-03-2010 by Carl]

yeah of course it's in line with the rates. hopefully they won't go up too much though

cheers

the survey/valuer guy went out today, we paid for a level 2 valuation (£540), waiting to hear back from them, will most likely be next week now.
Ben G

12th Mar 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Ditto that.

I made that mistake but then again it was helpful to have someone to fall back on who knew the whole process.

we went to an estage agents last june as we were going to buy a property then and saw one of their mortgage advisor.

he did go through it in far more detail than a bank mortgage advisor and it was helpful at the time to understand everything involved.

second time round we just went for the easier and quicker option though.
Graham88

12th Mar 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe how cheap that is compared to over here!

Nice one Ben must be scary owning your own place the thought of me ever having one scares me tbh. And 18k deposit fair play
smcGSI16V

12th Mar 10 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done, nothing beats owning your own home.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll