corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » New sofa - Its arrived

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New sofa - Its arrived
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jul 09 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a new sofa ( a big corner unit ) and I've been thinking of red for a change but I've never actually seen a red sofa in anyones house before, the colour scheme in my front room is dark wood flooring,neutral walls 1 papered and dark brown wood tables with the occasional black like the glass TV stand/TV so I'm not too sure if it would fit in, does anyone have any pics of their red sofas, if anyone has one that is

This sofa is what I'm considering.

Thanks.

[Edited on 09-10-2009 by DannyB]
Kathryn W

5th Jul 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can look nice, but can look tacky IMO...

I think it'd only look good in a high spec house with all white and chrome finishings etc...

Plus i dont think Red leather ages to good...
Cavey

5th Jul 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not gonna help you at all, but we just just got these, arrived on wednesday, and in black...the 4 seater in the link and a 2 seater sofa-bed.

http://www.dfs.co.uk/sofas/fabric/lara/160/2892/0

Insanely comfortable

[Edited on 05-07-2009 by Cavey]
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
Can look nice, but can look tacky IMO...

I think it'd only look good in a high spec house with all white and chrome finishings etc...

Plus i dont think Red leather ages to good...

My thought exactly, we don't have anything white or red in there at the minute. I may have to go with a different colour after all.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Not gonna help you at all, but we just just got these, arrived on wednesday, and in black...the 4 seater in the link and a 2 seater sofa-bed.

They look sooo comfy
Cavey

5th Jul 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it was about 1200 with the spill saver stuff and an extra cushion (so can change it from the footrest bit to a normal sofa if we have people round), works out at £35 a month for 4 years, can't argue really

Leather looks nice, but prefer fabrric stuff for sleeping/monging out on, doesn't get too cold/hot and doesn't squeak!
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our corner sofa...

I love it - it's so comfy! Just hope it fits in our new house

[Edited on 05-07-2009 by JadeM]
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the only reason I'm even contemplating it at the minute is because of the 0%apr pay nothing for a year bullshit, I'd consider fabric but there isnt that many on there that take my fancy tbh.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that Jade, was that from dfs? I take it that is the only seating you have in there? we have 2x 2 seaters but we're getting rid of both and having the corner suite and a chair/recliner
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was from Reids

We didn't have any room for the chair Managed to squeeze the sofa in along with a dining table and 4 chairs so we done not too bad
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks ace, bet it's brillaint to lounge out on and plenty of room for guests aswell, thats one of our problems, not enough room for others to sit.
Kathryn W

5th Jul 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want something large why not go for a 4 seater?

We have a 4 seater and a 2 seater..
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a corner suite so I can lounge on it an watch the tv directly opposite and it will fill the room better than a 4 seater.
JadeM
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Looks ace, bet it's brillaint to lounge out on and plenty of room for guests aswell, thats one of our problems, not enough room for others to sit.

Its ace, I love it! There's loads of room, we can have a side each to stretch out no probs
liamC

6th Jul 09 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine... sort of a 'U' more than an 'L', but parts can be removed

[Edited on 06-07-2009 by liamC]
J da Silva

6th Jul 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a red leather sofa before, it lasted about 9months, no pet exposure, it was a 'luxury' one apparently, for £6500 I felt ripped off, so anyway I went to SCS near where I live, and bought a nice brown leather one, was £3000 reduced to £1500 due to economic climate, but I managed to get it for £1150 with my Sir Alan Sugar manner.

Also have a beanbag aswell, the kids like it and it's good for if you want to just curl up in a ball and die or whatever...

Goes with dark wood furniture quite well, I really need to box them tele wires in though... I'll go do that now actually...

My gf also raided Next furniture section, so although you might want to go all out and spend loads on surrounding stuff, there is some decent stuff in places like Next, Debenhams, House of Fraser etc...
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm swaying more towards a brown again now, can't go wrong with them really and I don't want the red to fade and go shitty in 12 months time That looks nice J, massive aswell.
J da Silva

6th Jul 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's nearly 3 metres both ways, although they do have these in red, but again, it may not last long as red sofas fade quicker with sunlight, and dyes from certain materials of clothing.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jul 09 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, opted against the red in the end. Wise choice I think Ended up ordering these...

In this colour

J da Silva

11th Jul 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very modern! I probably wouldn't get up after laying down on the settee though.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jul 09 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the plan my new fave seat will be the corner bit staring directly at the TV also will free up a bit of room where the chair will be going as there's a 2 seater there now.

Also, might get the foot stool for the chair aswell.

[Edited on 11-07-2009 by DannyB]
Seany

11th Jul 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best mate has that esame set, but his is a dark brown leather.
it's very comfy
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jul 09 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
best mate has that esame set, but his is a dark brown leather.
it's very comfy

That's a relief as I never actually tried it out
whitter45

13th Jul 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Well, opted against the red in the end. Wise choice I think Ended up ordering these...

In this colour

just ordered that for the conservartory
whitter45

13th Jul 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lounge one - wasnt cheap

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll