corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » D5NNA progress throughout the years.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author D5NNA progress throughout the years.
Daimo B

User status: Offline
26th Jan 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friday, bored already...

D5NNA - Owned by a lady. Started off with a Remus Exhaust, and filler cap cover (not her idea ). She never done this car to be cool or be noticed, she done it because its what she wanted to do it and make it something totally about her, so everything on the car has been done for Donna to suit her taste and no-one elses.

It got some new rimmage in 16"s. Looked really good in white.

It went to a bodyshop to get some new paint, mirrors, quads etc (TVR Paradise Pearlesant, many visits to the local TVR shop ) Wheels didn't match the paint straight away, something to be sorted in a long time away yet She killed some cows, front n rear seats, roof lining, top half front doorcards and rear doorcards. It BADLY needed the dash done..

109bhp (remus is a standard bore, less restrictive rear box). Running perfectly at 60k odd..

She had the bug, the life was cool, she wanted more.. She went shopping in 01 at Doncaster... Back to the bodyshop then....

Delta Front Bumper (only had V grill then) smoothed and extended to bonnet, 1 off R5 skirts, Irmscher Rear smoothed, recessed, TVR style plate, removed spare wheel well, center exit twin 4" exhaust, extended bonnet, smooth scuttle, smooth boot, sinlge wiper, dash leathered as well., clear rears matched to paint, saxo spoiler smoothed to rear spoiler (still the best example i've personnally seen done yet).....

Smooth.... (The "Frog" stage I called it).

Still not how she wanted it, hokay, what next, i know, lets do some more.. Off we go again, back to the bodyshop. Dash gets more leather, some ICE, boot install (curvey boxes), the subs are poo so we take the original Carisma R5 subs instead, muhaaaaa.. Lower doorcards are also done. Stalks, rest of the stearing well, air vents etc..

Righty, its all show, and only C16XE go... Time to make it go as well as it looks...

1 Trip to Mantzel UK for some development work.. Mantzel box, Lexmaul exhaust manifold, custom pooperchip, ind kit (airbox just looked nasty ) etc.. 114bhp up to 161bhp @ 7519rpm, limiter set to 7500rpm.

While were at it, she got some custom chrome parts made, header tank, washer bottle, PAS and ABS covers, suspension turrets, some Samco Purples...

At last, time to get some rimmage. Best get some brakes to go with that. Brand new V6 284mm setup, M-Tec Rear beam complete with rear disks.

Sitting Prettttty..

Hokayy, what next? Maybe we should leave it for a while? OK, at least a year then... But like shopping, she'll back for more... But we need a reason? I know, i'll race a 2.0 Corsa (mine), a VX220 on my way to Trax. Not the best idea. Donna dissapears from my mirrors, i slow to 60, 50, 40 errrrr ok, i'll pull in. A very "scooby" sound D5 pulls into the garage spluttering away.... Oh ohhhh, thats blown it, no compression.

Stripdown to find the issue.

I can see the floor through the engine???

OK, mega re-build or just go for something shes always wanted? A turbo? Hmmmm £1k or lots and lots?? I know, lots n lots The excellent services of Mr Mitchell are required, his first LET conversion, plenty of time, Lee is and always will be "the man"

Lets rub it down, remove all the sound deadening, spray the bay up (purple paint looked nasty as was sprayed while the engine was in originally).

Spent ages cleaning up the gearbox, but now you can hardly see it anyway.

It fits....

Custom IC, designed to make the pipework easier. We knew there wasn't much cooling going to get in, so designed a larger IC to cool the air as much as possible. Many don't like it because its not "centered" pffffffffff PACE made our design within two weeks, EXCELLENT service, highly recommend them.

Oil cooler fitted.. (you can see part of the green paint here in D5's paint )

IC fitted..

Engine in ready to roll and bed itself in (replaced all the sump gaskets, new exhaust bolts etc etc..)

Went like stink.... Looked awful, but damn did it go like this... Left it like this for a while in case of any teething issues.

Got a new exhaust... Larger 2.5" bore.

And back off to the bodyshop again. Front bumper gets a makeover, smoothed, quad indicators customised teardrops, IC cutout... New fibreglass bonnet and some gauges leathered up and fitted... Fogs fitted (£70 each irmscher)

Bumper as it was, but it just ran far too hot, such a shame

Just to give some incentive to other women, you can work on your car if you put your mind to it, Donna does get her hands dirty on D5... She took her gearbox off herself while doing the engine, and some of you know, they ain't light!!! And the flywheel as well! (on the LET)..l.

The clutch etc had to come off after Mr Homo Shaw let some monkies at another bodyshop rag the hell out of it... Theres a whole thing about it, but thats another storey.. 1 nearly new clutch, after we got it back

So in came the chrome, cutout some more of the bumper to aid airflow.

Her FIRST ever run up the strip, ever, and whats the first car she comes up against She pulls up nervously, the PVS crowd staring, the haters ready to laugh. He looks at her with the "your SOOO gonna loose" look.. Lights go green, she pulls off the line 1st, the nova goes, catches up immediatly, POP goes the driveshaft, he stops, Donna wins, woooo have that smartarse....

She doesn't do better than a 15.0, but the terminal was 101mph, the potential is there, the engine is good, more practice in the futre, 1st-3rd was spent spinning up

Worlds best LMStyling Advert? (till he gets his done)....

The front bumper still needs some work, all WIP though.... We do find it suprising how people always notice the inperfections though, always pointing out the bad bits and not the good bits....

ICY always gets the best shots Hope your career in photography works out fella..

Some more randoms...

Shlllaaags. Mark that leather and i'll rips your titties off!!! They didn't

What do I look at??????

And thats it up to 2004... Shes been tucked away due to us starting to have life that isn't all about cars We have things to do, and Donna isn't selling D5. 4 Pot Reylands, chrome boot lifters, want to fill it with sound deadening in the boot, maybe replace the subs with chromey items.. Massive needs are turbo and exhaust heatwrap, some hoses. It runs ok, but can't give it beans for long as it gets hot quick. Hopefully the above will sort these issues out. Oh, and a slimline metal fan on a manual switch Plenty to do, all not cheap stuff. It'll be back, just when, who knows.. Maybe this year if we can afford it

Titles include:

Doncaster - Custom Car of the show Winner 02
USC - Best Interior - 2001 + 2002
Mean Street Show and Shine Winner
Opel Tuners show Belgium - 3rd in class.
Vxlscc - SE Region runner up (to Dave )

The only even she actually entered was Mean Street for sh1ts n giggles

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by VXR]
Liam

26th Jan 07 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, not a fan of the skirts though
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this car, was the reason i had my whole interior trimmed. It has to be the best corsa on the planet
antscorsa

26th Jan 07 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still THE best corsa imo, everytime ive seen it it has been tip top perfect!!!!!!
love it
ed

26th Jan 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice car. It's good to see people taking projects on and actually finishing them.

Wouldn't it be worth while modding the bumper where the V grille used to be to allow better air flow?
jr

26th Jan 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonderboy

26th Jan 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow alot of work and money has went into that car... Looks really nice
Marc

26th Jan 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I liked it white

But as a show car its spot on, and the interior is amazing.
Daimo B

26th Jan 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed, she loves the bumper, will try other options first to see if it helps.

Its never gonna be a track car or nowt, be i don't think its also seen over 120 odd (KPH Mr Officer). TBH, i'd be happier with the bits on as its a small bay and IMO, most LET's should really consider the parts (wrap and turbo).

Mr Warner, is that a chrome Turbo manifold I spot in your garage??? Super shexy. You still keeping your car till it completly dies as well?
flybikeslee

26th Jan 07 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gorgous car, a fair few ££ been spent!!
SteveW

26th Jan 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is still pretty much my fav corsa.

has had everything done and is still looking pretty fresh..

Was one of the cars that made me mod a corsa

nice work
grigglet33

26th Jan 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent thread daimo, made me spend more money on mine the first time i parked up next to it at Southend many years ago!!!!
corsatpot

26th Jan 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice car imo!!
Iain M

26th Jan 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top thread that mate well intersting read.
Daimo B

26th Jan 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your springs are still sat in the box, as they arrived, next to my sofa stopping my rabbits from getting behined it

No paint taking them out till i get the car out again anyway
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning! Amazing! What an Interior

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
ChrisBoom

26th Jan 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn, thats one sweet corsa!! Ive seen a video of it on youtube, "tapping the limiter". Sounds so sweet!!

Link for anyone that hasnt seen it:

CLICK
richysport

26th Jan 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has to be one of the best corsa ever made would be nice to see it in the flesh at the shows

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by richysport]
Novaneil

26th Jan 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome Corsa!!! Been around a few years but still as fresh as ever! Well done to you guys. Looking forward to seeing it again at this years shows.

Good read also!

Neil
SAL
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember going back down the a 127 in the slow lane (few years ago ) and then d5 came along side me and first i looked and though not my cuppa bit still it looked fuckin rude ! and the driver looked hot aswell so much work and i think it might of been time to stop for a while...would be good to see it back on the road. its mad to think both your cars are locked away and dont get used
jr

26th Jan 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason they dont get used is daimo and donna have bought a house, which none of the corsa's are at

donnas needs some work, and daimo is still building up courage to tow his up a 45 degree incline of a drive way
SAL
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did these two meet on cs ? i want to store mine away after trax and leave it for a while while i focus on other things
beattie17

26th Jan 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the best corsa's i have seen and is still going strong and getting better. Top job
Daimo B

26th Jan 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't meet on CS, she found an old members website (Paul Belsham) and emailed him. She then met up with us at Bluewater for a drink, then we introduced her to CS.

JR, gonna pick up fads loom tomorrow and start stripping some more
STEvieXE

26th Jan 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that full front pic in the garage with the sheet dragged back is the best pic of this car i have ever saw

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » D5NNA progress throughout the years. 24 database queries in 0.2030780 seconds