corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mains water related

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mains water related
Carl

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY neigbour is paying 2.5k for new piping to her house to cure the shit pressure. She's running the pipes through the yard at the back past my house. Can I legally T- off the new pipes for my supply?

The thinking is, if all 6 houses paid for this piping, they wouldn't run 6 pipes from the mains they would T off it wouldn't they? Can anyone confirm this is correct? If it is then there woulddn't be a problem my dad doing it surely?

If not i'll have to wait till she goes on holiday or something.
Limecat
Banned

4th Mar 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No.

If it is a shared pipe it is generally the responsibility of the water board in your area, it is only when it branches off to a single supply and lands on your property boundary that it is your responsibility.
Limecat
Banned

4th Mar 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Furthermore, what the hell makes you think it is right to let someone else shell out £2.5k so that they can resolve an issue so that you can then try and tap into like a fucking parasite for free?

I really do despise scum like you. I would have you in court faster than you could blink and I would also legally leave you without water in the mean time just for being a selfish prick.
Carl

4th Mar 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Furthermore, what the hell makes you think it is right to let someone else shell out £2.5k so that they can resolve an issue so that you can then try and tap into like a fucking parasite for free?

I really do despise scum like you. I would have you in court faster than you could blink and I would also legally leave you without water in the mean time just for being a selfish prick.

Because I pay my water rates.

I phoned Yorkshire water about it today, in regards to if I paid 2.5k would it be a new pipe from the mains or would it tee off my neighbours. She says i'd have to ask the contractors. So on Tuesday i'll be asking the contractors and IF they say they would t-off that pipe, guess what, I will be, and I won't be getting took for a mug for 2.5k.

PS the pipes from the mains to these houses aren't the responsibilty of the waterboard, please refrain from misadvising people in the future.
Limecat
Banned

4th Mar 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Learn how to read, I said GENERALLY as there are exceptions to the rule. Your post has kind of backed that up though, you will tap onto a single supply, therefore rendering it a shared one.

The fact that you pay rates has fuck all to do with it if that is a single supply pipe and they have paid for the work to be done. You touching it like a fucking parasite would not only invalidate any insurance she may have in place but would also void any warranty.

I hope you fuck it up and get sued for being a tight arse.

[Edited on 04-03-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Carl

4th Mar 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Learn how to read, I said GENERALLY as there are exceptions to the rule. Your post has kind of backed that up though, you will tap onto a single supply, therefore rendering it a shared one.

The fact that you pay rates has fuck all to do with it if that is a single supply pipe and they have paid for the work to be done. You touching it like a fucking parasite would not only invalidate any insurance she may have in place but would also void any warranty.

I think you need to take your own advice in regards to learning to read;

"The thinking is, if all 6 houses paid for this piping, they wouldn't run 6 pipes from the mains they would T off it wouldn't they? Can anyone confirm this is correct?"

See the sentance above, that is out of the first post. See the "?" at the end of the sentance, that denotes a question. This means i'm enquiring about something, that something being the content of the sentance. Read it and pipe down you unfunny cunt. If it is a single supply pipe which the contractors clear up then I won't be touching it (see the "IF" in capital letters on the last post you cock end.)

[Edited on 04-03-2010 by Carl]
Limecat
Banned

4th Mar 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

"The thinking is, if all 6 houses paid for this piping, they wouldn't run 6 pipes from the mains they would T off it wouldn't they? Can anyone confirm this is correct?"

See the sentance above, that is out of the first post. See the "?" at the end of the sentance, that denotes a question. This means i'm enquiring about something, that something being the content of the sentance. Read it and pipe down you unfunny cunt. If it is a single supply pipe which the contractors clear up then I won't be touching it (see the "IF" in capital letters on the last post you cock end.)

I answered that in my first post you dickhead. :doyle: :doyle: Can you possibly get any thicker? Especially when you retort about reading?

I clearly stated the following 'If it is a shared pipe it is generally the responsibility of the water board in your area, it is only when it branches off to a single supply and lands on your property boundary that it is your responsibility.'

I also confirmed that you cannot tap onto it. That answered the question surely?

Carl

5th Mar 10 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I answered that in my first post you dickhead. :doyle: :doyle: Can you possibly get any thicker? Especially when you retort about reading?

I clearly stated the following 'If it is a shared pipe it is generally the responsibility of the water board in your area, it is only when it branches off to a single supply and lands on your property boundary that it is your responsibility.'

I also confirmed that you cannot tap onto it. That answered the question surely?

You answered nothing, you clearly don't know the siuation enough or have the ability to read objectively to be able to answer the question, instead you just think you have. For a start at present it is a shared pipe, this shared pipe has shared repsonsibilty between the home owners not the waterboard,. Yet another example of you not actually reading things properly. If you actually read my replies you will see that i've told you this, you even reacted to it by saying you said "GENERALLY".

In regards to tapping into it, I've also written that i'll be asking the contractor on Tuesday, cancelling out the need for a numpty like you to be assuming/guessing what I can and can't do.
Limecat
Banned

5th Mar 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You answered nothing, you clearly don't know the siuation enough or have the ability to read objectively to be able to answer the question, instead you just think you have. For a start at present it is a shared pipe, this shared pipe has shared repsonsibilty between the home owners not the waterboard,. Yet another example of you not actually reading things properly. If you actually read my replies you will see that i've told you this, you even reacted to it by saying you said "GENERALLY".

In regards to tapping into it, I've also written that i'll be asking the contractor on Tuesday, cancelling out the need for a numpty like you to be assuming/guessing what I can and can't do.

Carl, whilst I appreciate there are a LOT of thick people on this forum I think you are at the peak of the hierarchy of stupidity.

I answered objectively by even posting and spelling out what the general situation is.

* You had not pointed out anything about shared responsibility in your initial post, you had simply posted like a parasitical thieving chav.

* You posted about your Dad tapping into it, 'maybe when she is on holiday' so stop doing a U-turn.

* This 'Numpty' deals with these EXACT issues as part of my day to day job.
Carl

5th Mar 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Carl, whilst I appreciate there are a LOT of thick people on this forum I think you are at the peak of the hierarchy of stupidity.

I answered objectively by even posting and spelling out what the general situation is.

* You had not pointed out anything about shared responsibility in your initial post, you had simply posted like a parasitical thieving chav.

* You posted about your Dad tapping into it, 'maybe when she is on holiday' so stop doing a U-turn.

* This 'Numpty' deals with these EXACT issues as part of my day to day job.

There you go again "general" situation. I've heard more definitive answers on question time. You are picking at bits too; refering to my first post etc, give it a rest. I've told you already the first reply you gave me wasn't correct for my situation, you are going around in circles, once again, please read, that means all the information from all the posts not the bits that suit your next smart arse reply.

Also there is a smiley after the last sentance, maybe your selective attention missed that part. Also no I didn't mention the current situation of the shared responsibilty in my initial post but don't make that out as an error on my part! Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.
Limecat
Banned

5th Mar 10 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK then, type out a fully worded description and I will give you a professional answer, afterall it is only part of my job.

You are non commital, you post things, I respond and say how you are a parasite and then you try to add 'facts' in after the event.

I cannot post in a non 'general' manner unless you provide me with documents which I can guarantee you will not have so get your head out of your arse.

I AM the best person on here to answer the question. If you don't want an answer and want to keep changing the 'critera' then fine, it costs me nothing.
Carl

5th Mar 10 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
OK then, type out a fully worded description and I will give you a professional answer, afterall it is only part of my job.

You are non commital, you post things, I respond and say how you are a parasite and then you try to add 'facts' in after the event.

I cannot post in a non 'general' manner unless you provide me with documents which I can guarantee you will not have so get your head out of your arse.

I AM the best person on here to answer the question. If you don't want an answer and want to keep changing the 'critera' then fine, it costs me nothing.

Seriously, you are like women; you assume, you have no logic, and you turn it around on me for not answering my question. I bet you are shit at your job.

You probably do know the answer to my question armed with all the required information, which makes it even more of your fuck up that you haven't answered it.
PS; and for the third time, I'll be asking the contractor on Tuesday, so no I don't want an answer. But thanks for trying.
Limecat
Banned

5th Mar 10 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why did you start the topic?

I am exceptional at my job, that's why I always get a massive bonus.

The fact that I know what I am talking about is why I said 'generally' as there are circumstances involved like unadopted land etc (VERY rare that it doesn't apply to supply pipes as it generally relates to upkeep of roads rather than supplies)

I do think you are a muppet but I am still willing to help. Hell, even if you show me an overview of property boundaries and the route of the pipe and where it branches off and I can give you a more thorough answer but again I will have to 'generalise' without full facts so you will probably cry again!

EDIT: P.S. Do NOT take the contractors word as gospel, they are there to do the work. In my experience they have little understanding of the issues involved and they can cause me a lot of problems. I deal with at least 3 or 4 people a day that I have to demand they do the work as they think it isn't their problem when it actually is.

Take that as good advice or disregard it, as I say it makes no difference to me.

[Edited on 05-03-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Carl

5th Mar 10 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So why did you start the topic?

I am exceptional at my job, that's why I always get a massive bonus.

The fact that I know what I am talking about is why I said 'generally' as there are circumstances involved like unadopted land etc (VERY rare that it doesn't apply to supply pipes as it generally relates to upkeep of roads rather than supplies)

I do think you are a muppet but I am still willing to help. Hell, even if you show me an overview of property boundaries and the route of the pipe and where it branches off and I can give you a more thorough answer but again I will have to 'generalise' without full facts so you will probably cry again!

EDIT: P.S. Do NOT take the contractors word as gospel, they are there to do the work. In my experience they have little understanding of the issues involved and they can cause me a lot of problems. I deal with at least 3 or 4 people a day that I have to demand they do the work as they think it isn't their problem when it actually is.

Take that as good advice or disregard it, as I say it makes no difference to me.

[Edited on 05-03-2010 by LETGSI16V]

Cheers, that was a lot more helpful. It really is on what the contractors are doing though if i've grasped it right. If it's a single supply they are putting in then our discussions are void anyway! I was just thinking hypothetically in regards to if all 6 deicided they wanted new pipes (but at different times) would/could they even do six seperate supplies type thoughts.
Carl

10th Mar 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After all that they have installed a single supply. Aparently they like each to have their own these days.
Limecat
Banned

10th Mar 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love it when I am right!

New Poll