corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The "Sprout" C20XE project SOLD

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The "Sprout" C20XE project SOLD
Generation

User status: Offline
25th Mar 10 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grill is bad
sri-monster

25th Mar 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely car mate, i think a black carpet would really finish the inside off
Rich H

2nd Apr 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of new pics for you all - courtesy of Daveskater from last weekends SC meet as I haven't had time to get my own lol.

Bilstein B10's on (cheers to Mark Broster @ Jamsport), tracking all sorted finally, V grille on and growing on me. Only downside to it is that there is no air flow through the slats so it's making engine temps a bit high for my liking - going to get it back off and modify it with a dremel / drill when I get time

Sit's about the same as before imo:

But ride quality is far better. Camber is now more than before, but got Eibach camber bolts. Need to get a spare day to fiddle around with them and see if they can be fitted without making the wheels catch the arches.

Couple of bay shots whilst it's looking marginally cleaner than before. Needs some bits cleaning up and painting etc. The rest of it will stay as it is. Good to see the lack of rusty strut tops though finally

Want to get a battery bag to tidy that up too
J200RSA

2nd Apr 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good, is there not anything you can do with the airbox? just looks like its been thrown in
Rich H

2nd Apr 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Do what sort of thing mate? It's a mega tight fit. And actually less of a bodge than a lot of them! I want to try and tidy up the piping / connection between the AFM and the box but that's about it. The bracket for the airbox was cut off during the conversion so it isn't sat on those, and I've bolted it through the original bottom bracket to keep it sat down. There is literally a cm between the box and the cam cover though so space is limited to do much with it!
J200RSA

2nd Apr 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make it level? looks really wonky, what happend to the green cotten induction cone phill had on it?
Rich H

2nd Apr 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without the brackets on the suspension turret that's as level as it sits tbh, I have tried!

Green cotton filter is in the bin. Was as rusty as hell as sat above an open arch for 18 months or so soaking up everything thrown at it. Also gave the car a pretty nasty flat spot in certain gears.

Box back on and it pulls nicely through all the gears and has a nicer induction noise to it.
Rich H

12th Apr 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to update this the other day.

Car is now booked in for April 19th at Longlife Basingstoke for a new downpipe back system. Jury is still out on what tailpipe to go for, I've done the usual search of pic request threads but that hasn't really helped

Will probably end up deciding on the day!

Pics to follow somewhen after that
Rich H

11th May 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few of you who are on my FB will already know about this as I had it done almost a month ago, but been too busy with work since to make the effort of cleaning the car up and taking some photos etc lol.

Managed to grab 30 mins this evening to give it a quick wash down and Red Mist wipedown, then went out for a little drive for some photos before it got too dark.

Is a full manifold / downpipe back Longlife system, as there isn't many choices around my way - all the powerflow ones near here have a bad reputation or I wasn't impressed when I went to see them (didn't trust leaving the car with them etc) so trekked up to Basingstoke instead. I wanted it as quiet as possible. They reckon they've done that; unfortunately it's not that much quieter than before! Is a bit beter when sat at a constant speed though.

Couldn't decide what tailpipe to go for, so went for stealth in the end. Big thanks to Tom @ Lemass for redoing the rear bumper too - removing the cut out from the previous 6x4 and getting rid of some light scuffs that were on it when I bought it off Phil.

(asked them to spray it satin black to hide it lol - need to get jiggy with the hammerite on my rear beam and ARB now!)

Also sprayed my parcel shelf black as it was the last bit of grey trim:

And a couple of other shots. Couple to show the camber you get from running Bilstein B10's too:

Amazing how many cars I now get trying it on with the lack of tailpipe - never really had it when the old exhaust was on! Even tonight I had a Cooper S and some Kia 2.5 diesel thing attacking me

The old 6x4 system will be up for sale once I've cleaned it up, next up on the list is a decent clean up and swirl removal on the car, and get the wheels refurbed, then it's up for sale as I need to save money for a house and am cutting back down to just the van

corsadonk
Premium Member

11th May 10 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like the exhaust, grill wise if you haven't already done it, just get a big flat blade screwdriver in between and be brutly

First thing I did when I got my Sport home
Rich H

11th May 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd forgotten about the grill actually Will do that when it's off the road with the wheels being refurbed - plan to do that, paint rear beam, ARB, calipers and drums
Rich H

11th Jun 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few pics I've had on my phone for a while, so may as well chuck them up on here to bring the thread back up to date ahead of this weekend!

First up a couple of shots of the bumper before it went to Lemass as to why I had it resprayed:

Crack:

Scuffs:

Cutout for old exhaust:

More recently, Tom's been a good lad and refurbed my wheels for me as they were Phils track wheels towards the end so had picked up a fair amount of chips, 1 had a big kerb mark and were basically looking worse for wear:

Tom also tracked down the perfect centre cap badges for me from a Meriva VXR. Not cheap though!!:

Wheels were resprayed in Citroen Slate Grey

Also got on the bandwagon with a sCeNe sticker:

Then last weekend after refitting the wheels, I found myself hungover with most the day ahead of me, so set about machine polishing the car

And a couple from the other night when I was waiting for mates to turn up:

Plain plates are back on rather than bike font ones, and I've finally got round to derestricting the V Grille - now runs 2 degrees cooler

Car is currently (as I type!) in a local garage having the Eibach camber bolts fitted finally, then full alignment, tracking and balancing done

Oh and I have painted the rear drums, rear ARB etc, but have run out of time and hammerite to do the calipers before PVS. Ah well.

Really ought to get some proper photos rather than ghey Blackberry pics now

[Edited on 11-06-2010 by Rich H]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good always is so clean

looking foward to seeing it on the weekend

[Edited on 11-06-2010 by daz1492]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Rich H

11th Jun 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. You convoying up with us on the Sunday at all?
mattievRS

11th Jun 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read this all mate! love the sleeper look, on the note of spraying the grill matt black, get some black plastidip.Its basically matt black rubber spray paint and wont stone chip!
Darryl H
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Cheers mate. You convoying up with us on the Sunday at all?

was planning to but taking a couple of passengers and they fancy a stop at the little chef on the way so thought we'd not hold up the convoy and come see the cars when we're up.

hopefully will meet you when i come to look at it did you get it back today or is it tomorrow you get it back?

Rich H

12th Jun 10 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments guys.

Will leave the grille chrome probably - suits the sleeper look more as from the front to most people it looks totally standard even with the black depos.

Daz - Got it back last night luckily - they ended up having it all day as they didn't work on it till they were closing And found an excuse to take the car out for a "test drive" after alignment - pretty sure you don't need to do that?! But all's good No scrubbing as I was warned may happen now the cambers corrected etc.

Final scrub up today to get it looking presentable tomorrow. Will be there For Sale
Darryl H
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so they left it til last so they could play with it. but atleast its all good are you just using your van as an everyday car in the future or planning on a cheap run about?

Rich H

12th Jun 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm adding a 3rd tier to the business and looking at upgrading the van at the end of the year / beginning of next year so will just use the van. Looking at Focus ST interior for this one atm to make it a bit comfier

This is being sold to free up some more funds for the house fund though tbh as I want to move out! Another car will be bought in the future, but once the business is flourishing further and I've got a house
Darryl H
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough mate, good luck!

Daveskater
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read all through this, don't know why I haven't caught up sooner You're quite welcome for the grille and pics mate

I'll make sure I get some more of it tomorrow

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
StueyBoy1989

16th Jun 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got a for sale thread up yet? I'd post the link in here Rich.
Rich H

16th Jun 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I haven't yet. Would appear most people think it's well overpriced anyway so may look at removing all my new pricier mods. Haven't got time to split it fully but considering I've spent over £1800 since I owned it and got it running right, I don't feel my asking price is OTT!
StueyBoy1989

17th Jun 10 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your asking price?
Rich H

17th Jun 10 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2500 but will consider sensible offers

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The "Sprout" C20XE project SOLD 24 database queries in 0.2298031 seconds