corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake judder. help??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake judder. help??
r40kyl

User status: Offline
25th Jan 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awright? fairly newby here. ive got a 2000 corsa b sxi. ok problem im havin is that when braking the whole car judders and the harder i brake the worse the judder is. although u cant feel it in the steering which sais to me its something to do with the rear brakes. so the other day i changed the rear shoes but the judders exactly the same and to make matters worse now that ive changed the shoes, the brake pedal feels like a sponge. was thinking they need bled but i dont see how i cud have let air in to the system just by changing the shoes. any ideas wud be spot on lads. cheers
barneykarl

25th Jan 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like warped front discs replace discs and pads, don,t know why you touched the rear shoes you need to get the shoes right upto the drums close as possible, good time to upgrade the front brakes me thinks.
r40kyl

25th Jan 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate. done the rear shoes coz they were grindin like a bitch. but if it was the front brakes wudnt i be feeling it in the steering? could it be warped drums? well funny u sud say that lol coz i was gonna see if i could source a set of brakes off a 1600 sport. wud u recommend???
shaun hornby

25th Jan 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya should adjust the shoes up until they dont feel so spongy lol, nd get sum massive valver brakes on it
r40kyl

25th Jan 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok kool so i need to adjust the shoes up. but shouldnt they adjust themselves with the auto adjuster? front brakes? no prob but drums do my box in lol. the cars jst a 1.2 16v so i was thinkin sport brakes wud be more than adequate. wud i notice much ov a difference in braking with sport brakes?
barneykarl

30th Jan 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This would be a good upgrade for you, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/948830.htm
patmore

31st Jan 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
This would be a good upgrade for you, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/948830.htm
that's a rip off price I only paid 40 for brand new disks and second had calipers, make sure there 2 litre ones because the calipers on the 2 litre's have better braking power.
Get yourself on egay or there will be a few sets floating around on here
barneykarl

31st Jan 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What discs where they for £ 40 quid new, size, grooved , drilled, the link was just an example to give r40kyl an idea of what he should be looking for, I have also seen cheaper and dearer on the net.
patmore

31st Jan 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine were off egay 256mm plain discs they came with brand new discs just have a search about

New Poll