corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c16xe problems please help me

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c16xe problems please help me
16xe_chris

User status: Offline
   22nd Dec 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just put a c16xe engine into my rally car with the lower x16 inlet part and a power box.

When i first fire it up the revs shoot right upto 2500rpm and then come back down to 900rpm ish.

Now the problem i'm currently having is when the temperature of the engine gets to the first notch on my dash the engine suddenly becomes very lumpy and cuts out.

The ecu light comes on and stays on as soon as i fire it up, it is saying that there is a camshaft/hall sensor fault, so bought a new one but it is doing exactly the same

It also smells like its running really rich.

Has anyone had this problem before, which sensor shall i change now

I changed the ICV for a brand new one just incase this was at fault, i have heard people mentioning about the CTS, but if this was faulty would it not show up on the fault codes

Any help would be very appreciated
Richie

22nd Dec 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The CTS rarely shows up on the diagnostic codes as it can give a low reading when the engine is warm and vice versa - still within parameters for the ECU but not actually reflecting what the conditions are. It does point to the CTS and they are less than a tenner

Have you had the fault codes cleared since you changed the sensor? (take battery off overnight)
john_c20xe

22nd Dec 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change the coolant temp sensor
16xe_chris

24th Dec 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you for the replies fella's

I have the battery isolated through an earth kill switch, so everytime i switch it off in theory it should clear the codes, i hope ha ha

I'll but a CTS sensor and give that a go

16xe_chris

24th Dec 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been to the motor factors this morning and bought a new CTS, fitted it and the problem is still there???

It's fine untill the engine gets warm ish then it just dies?? and the camshaft fault code still comes up??

Anything else i can try?
Corsa_Quadz

29th Jan 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camshafy sensor then??

New Poll