corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wii software updates/BBC iPlayer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wii software updates/BBC iPlayer
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Dec 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updated the software on the Wii last night, and then went to the "Shopping Channel" - I notice the Opera Internet browser is free again?

So I got that and also downloaded the BBC iPlayer!

Playback on the iPlayer seems a bit pixely - should I change the TV from widescreen to 4:3 mode for it to look better?
noshua

9th Dec 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size is te TV your playing it on and what speed is your internet connection?

I *think* iplayer optimizes the picture based on your Internet connection, so it's not buffering all the time.
Sam
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8Mb broadband connection with O2, TV is 32 inch widescreen.

The router is in the same room as the TV (and on top of a desk not hidden away) - I was sitting on the floor next to the TV the other day using my other half's laptop and it gave a signal strength of 88% so it should be better than that as the Wii is right next to the TV (and not on the floor).

New Poll