corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » wii

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wii
morpheus22

User status: Offline
15th Nov 07 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting a wii for my birthday and i want to know does the wii connect to your wireless conection with out having to buy extra bits as in wireless adapter etc.

cheers
dannymccann

15th Nov 07 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, just put your settings into the options menu, works fine, i found it took a while to connect though, but works fine
morpheus22

15th Nov 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

settings on the wii or the pc sorry to sound thick,but i havnt got my wii yet and just wanting to know what to do
Shane

15th Nov 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

settings on the wii, (you have to have a wireless router) and stays connected 24/7 which allows you to receive messages and notify you of updates
morpheus22

15th Nov 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot on it wont be on 24/7,does it have to be on 24/7 or will it update when i next come online?,like the 360 does
dannymccann

15th Nov 07 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it stays connected all the time its on standby so if u switch it off at the wall it wont but it will donwload and install updates for you when u arent playing to quicken up the time it takes, unlike the 360
Kerry

15th Nov 07 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok just to bring order to the thread

There are 2 options with the wii and online capabilitys

one is where u just connect when you want to download updates or use any of the channels and the other is called wii24 where it is connected all the time unless the red light is on which means the wii is totally off or if the power is disconnected altogether. the orange light means it is on standby and will remain connected when in wii24 mode.

with regard to updates the only difference being that if it is connected all the time the blue light comes on to tell you that there is an update ready to download (unless you have turned blue light off) where as if you you would have to connect manually to check for updates.

the updates do not download themselves you still have to go into the menu and select download update and while this is happening you cannot do anything else but they dont take long.

also the wii doesnt have to be wireless it can connect via ethernet with an adapter.
Bart

15th Nov 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one thing i found was that my SSID on the wii was case sensitive.
bigD21

16th Nov 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do the wii's compare in the "games market" - ive got a 360 and just waiting for it to be returned fixed from the 3 red lights - and want to get a wii need to make sure i have enough games to play - will things like gta be available on the wii?

New Poll