corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » facebook?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author facebook?
*JonnyG*

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 03:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My facebook keeps going on to a gambling site, i could be browsing along facebook and it would just change? I've scanned for virus and ad-ware but nothing? Any ideas?
Richie

22nd Nov 09 at 05:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's when you go onto certain parts of facebook, sounds like a rootkit has edited your hosts file to override the IP for some things.

File will be in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\

Right click the hosts file and open it with notepad, you will probably see the problem there. If it is full of shite - you more than likely have a rootkit and would be best off doing a fresh install rather than sorting it out

If the hosts file is clean then is probably some shitty toolbar or malware. Download Lavasoft Adaware and give it a run, and also download CCleaner and give that a run through.

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by Richie]
xa0s
Banned

22nd Nov 09 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What browser? Either way, switch to another browser and see if it continues. That eliminates the browser anyway.
*JonnyG*

22nd Nov 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FF and i've got Lavasoft Adaware, Avast., Avira AntiVir Personal, and Superantispyware. And all Adware progams find cookies. Thats it.
*JonnyG*

22nd Nov 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seem's, i aint the only 1 who has got this problem, and the virus scanners, and adware scanners are clear. So it might just be facebook? Doesn't do it on any other site.
*JonnyG*

22nd Nov 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie

File will be in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\

Right click the hosts file and open it with notepad, you will probably see the problem there. If it is full of shite - you more than likely have a rootkit and would be best off doing a fresh install rather than sorting it out

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by Richie]

Just look on there, and its full of shit i've never been on.

New Poll