corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with a 1.4 8v 5dr corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with a 1.4 8v 5dr corsa
Idiorock

User status: Offline
4th Mar 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey every1 was just wondering if any1 could help me out, ive got a 1.4 8v (p plate) corsa an dthe only mods on the engine is a 57i kit. ~Only probs is, is that te engine heats up alot faster than normal. I know that by fitting an induction kit the temp will raise bu mines shoots up to red in about 7mins. any ideas??? i was told to encage the air filter in a heat resistant shield, ive checked the fan sensors and the water is full, no light comes on or anything, any ideas? any help wold be great.
Cheers
tobyD

4th Mar 03 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly, ur temp shudnt raise by fitting an induction kit. if anything, it should help cool the engine by sucking in directly colder air.
i had the same problem as u, i had a 1.2 8v LS and in traffic, the temp would shoot up and the fan wud come on loads of times.
i got a piperx induction kit and the cars temp never went further than 94C.
if all the water levels and coolant levels are fine, i wud check the induction kit. is it fitted properly? is there any obstructions in the air pipes? limited air flow will raise the temp considerably.
one last point, ur corsa is an 1.4 8v LS. the K7N57i isnt designed for the 1.2/1.4 8v LS's. its only designed for the SRi's/sports and GSi's because those engines are multi point fuel injection.
try a piperx designed for a 1.4 8v LS and im sure u will have no heating probs.
toby
Idiorock

4th Mar 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help man, im sure my induction kit is made for the spi engine as it says on the instruction sheet, its fitted properly aswell, my dad (mechanic) checked it after and said it was fine. im thinkin it could b a possible prob with the radiator??? the car was accident damage on a head on smash, so im guessing the radiator but it looks fine?!?!? just a bit puzzled. Cheers again
d0gz_bollox

4th Mar 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no help for people with spare doors on the cars
miles

4th Mar 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol@dogz!

Did the problem start after the crash or after the induction kit was fitted?

I guess you have a blocked waterway or something. Does the fan come on? Could be a knackered thermostat. If your dad is a mechanic wouldn't it be eaiser to ask him?!
Idiorock

4th Mar 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he doesnt really have the time to check it out, the fan cuts in, i checked the fan sensor and its all fine, it was running fine untill i fitted the induction kit, also for the guy who thinks 5dr corsa's suck check out this months Fast car, by far the nicest corsa ever in there and its a 5dr. im going with blocked water way aswell mate, i will reset the ECU and c if it makes a difference. Cheers lads. Also quick question is the back bumper on a 5dr the same as on a 3 dr, coz the arse on it is horrible!!! cheers again
miles

4th Mar 03 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reseting the ecu will make no difference to the temp of the coolent. I cant see how a induction kit can majorly increase the coolent temp either. Flush the coolent out.

New Poll