corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Project X Wedding List

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X Wedding List
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
27th Oct 09 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apologies for the spam but Ste and I are accruing quite a list of things to buy and obviously we're after good deals on stuff.

My plan is to post up what we need and take suggestions as to where to buy, or whether anyone is able to source any staff deals etc. if they're in that line of business. Replies appreciated.

First request - wire. Quote me if you can get it.

240v 1.5mm twin and earth. Preferably a fairly long roll.
12v 2.5mm (~17amp?) twin core.

Ian
Site Administrator

27th Oct 09 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second request -

240v 13A 2 gang mains sockets. Best price so far is Screwfix, £15.11 for 10.
Ste
Premium Member

28th Oct 09 at 01:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Third request -

plastic, 15mm mains water pipe. probably need about 30 metres, we have a few push fits for these, but any more are gratefully accepted

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

28th Oct 09 at 06:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

12v 2.5mm (~17amp?) twin core.

This can be normal extension reel wire, so if you get a discount in a DIY store, then extension reels can sometimes be cheaper than the equivalent length off a roll

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
pow
Premium Member

28th Oct 09 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Third request -

plastic, 15mm mains water pipe. probably need about 30 metres, we have a few push fits for these, but any more are gratefully accepted

I can sort you out with some OSMA gold, i'll give my Dad an email (he works for them). Let me know what fittings you want as well (90o, T peices, straights etc)

[Edited on 28-10-2009 by pow]
MarkSport

28th Oct 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This needs to be sticky'd
John

28th Oct 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B&Q had 10 metre extension cords for £5, that would do the 12v and it would do the 240V as well unless it has to be the correct type of cable.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 09 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should really be the right stuff although I can't see what something rated higher wouldn't fit the bill.
John

28th Oct 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see it on the site, it's just a 10m roll up reel with 4 sockets, I was in to get cable for lights when I seen it, at least half the price of plain cable.
JamesMG

28th Oct 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the plumbing side of things, i work for a plumbers merchant so anything that you may need give me a u2u and i should be able to get you a very good quote, I can also arrange for it to be delivered right to you! (size dependant!)
Cazy-Corsa

28th Oct 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for City Electrical Factors, so could get all the above at cost lads, we keep that stuff in the warehouse all the time, hundereds of it lol
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 09 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, can you price up 100m of each.
pow
Premium Member

28th Oct 09 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad's just been talking about stuff for free... get Ste to reply to my U2U
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 09 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bonus
Ste
Premium Member

28th Oct 09 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Dad's just been talking about stuff for free... get Ste to reply to my U2U

replied

pow
Premium Member

28th Oct 09 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said, let me know mate
swill_omnibus

29th Oct 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you need things like gas solenoids or solenoid valves in general I use to work for a local family run company that im still friendly with so sure I could get a competitive price
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 09 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers - what about gas pipe? Know anyone for that?
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 09 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next one - leisure batteries.

12v, probably 110/130aH?
Graeme
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many do u need? Will ask through my brother whos other halfs family own a caravan place!
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Oct 09 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least two as we're going 24v. Got room for more if they're cheap.

Currently thinking about these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260487790782
Rickavo

31st Oct 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Cheers - what about gas pipe? Know anyone for that?

Ive got copper pipe 10/15/22mm and fittings, also have polyfit (pushfit plastic) 15/22mm plus fittings in the van and dont live to far away.
Adam_B

31st Oct 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
At least two as we're going 24v. Got room for more if they're cheap.

Currently thinking about these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260487790782

We do Leisure batteries at work, 110 amp and 2 year guarantee i think. Will be cheaper than the ebay ones, i'll try and price them up tomorrow.
Ste
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers boys.

Adam_B

1st Nov 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can do leisure batteries for 60 quid each but they are only 100amp.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Project X Wedding List 23 database queries in 0.1887650 seconds