corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO turboed corsa owners

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO turboed corsa owners
K100RSA

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it was spankees motor, sold the next day, never mind will just keep on looking for that elusive bargain, just dont know whether all the extra cost etc is worth it for the turbo lump, might just fit a 16v and then maybe tune that later.
goldfish
Banned

5th Sep 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don;t seem to hold torque for a T28 sized turbo. also boosts up very quickly as well
J da Silva

5th Sep 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
the 2.08v will be more reliable

bullshit! how can a normally aspirated engine that has had a blower attatched to it be more reliable than a factory turbo'd engine.
J da Silva

5th Sep 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamesw
ive just been talking to a bloke in a garage and read a few mags on putting a 2litre turbo into a corsa as i was thinking of it and both said it would wheel spin too much and handling would be pretty bad =0/

JW

bullshit!
Stu

5th Sep 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:
ive just been talking to a bloke in a garage and read a few mags on putting a 2litre turbo into a corsa as i was thinking of it and both said it would wheel spin too much and handling would be pretty bad =0/

JW

Id pretty much agree with that to be honest! The engine is too heavy to be putting in a car that doesnt handle very well in the first place! As far as wheelspin goes.........a light, overpowered, front wheel drive car is bound to spin! The physics are all wrong!

You make it worse by using a turbo cos all the power comes in at once! My old throttle bodied 2.1 litre corsa was shocking for traction thats with a pretty even power spread! An LSD will help but it wont cure it!

Its still gonna be quick tho!!!!
AndyW

5th Sep 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

JW

bullshit!

can any1 guess venoms word of the day
J da Silva

5th Sep 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spinners cannot drive, if they don't know how to use race techniques which i have stated before such as on/off throttle tap then they will spin any car with a decent bit of punch behind it.
However as far as handling goes, decent suspension and good throttle use through the corners and appropriate braking at the right times, you cant just wack the throttle on halfway through the turn, it has to be a gradual incline in power, yet again, something a decent track or race driver would know about.
the car handles how you let it, people can disagree all they want, but i've experienced both worlds so the evidence is in my driving.

J da Silva

5th Sep 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
quote:
quote:

JW

bullshit!

can any1 guess venoms word of the day

Well the poor fella has been brainwashed by a bunch of novice garage tea makers and a few magazines which exagerate articles just to fill another page.
AntCromb

5th Sep 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, but seriously.

the sky is falling.
J da Silva

5th Sep 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to buy the rainbow
AntCromb

5th Sep 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u take the rainbow, ill take the pot o'gold ?
J da Silva

5th Sep 04 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure it's not granny wee
AntCromb

5th Sep 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

granny wee...hmmm....loverly.
miles

6th Sep 04 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
spinners cannot drive, if they don't know how to use race techniques which i have stated before such as on/off throttle tap then they will spin any car with a decent bit of punch behind it.
However as far as handling goes, decent suspension and good throttle use through the corners and appropriate braking at the right times, you cant just wack the throttle on halfway through the turn, it has to be a gradual incline in power, yet again, something a decent track or race driver would know about.
the car handles how you let it, people can disagree all they want, but i've experienced both worlds so the evidence is in my driving.

Apply your expert driving to a better balanced car and you'll be quicker again....
Ditch

6th Sep 04 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ yeah was gonna say that

Doesnt matter how good you are at driving, what suspension set-up you have or the tyres you use etc...

A 2.0ltr corsa DOES NOT handle well.... full stop! Its not the worst set-up (C20LET mini has gotta be even more gash ) but its a long way from being the best...
miles

6th Sep 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any FWD car with a lot of weight over the front wheels and suden surges of torque isn't going to handle well.

I've never driven one, and I would rate a decent driver over a well handling car any day, but its physics.
J da Silva

6th Sep 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

miles

6th Sep 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
J da Silva

6th Sep 04 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm all for physics, i'm a big physics saddo and aerodynamics also, maybe my version of good handling is your crap version then, but i've driven some horrible handling cars and a 2litre corsa aint that bad, especially an r5gtt they are the worst ive come across
Stu

7th Sep 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the fastest all round Corsa must be summat like Andy's.

220bhp 1.6 (last time I heard) on throttle bodies, 9000rpm rev limit, stripped out and caged. Proper suspension setup and small rims with an LSD! No 320bhp turboed corsa would see that on a track. The only time the turbo would have a chance would be after 120mph on a straight road............and when does that ever really happen????

Front wheel drive and big big power is all wrong (especially turbo power). You launch the car, the wheels spin, the weight shifts to the rear, the front goes lighter and the wheels spin more.
miles

7th Sep 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, at trax last year CP's 1.4 Nova ripped all the n/a and turbo 2.0's.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll