corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring up electric windows...the wrong way

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring up electric windows...the wrong way
Root

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on a mission to add leccy windows to my corsa.

I plan on wiring up the switches with the mechanism, then running it through the multiplug as normal...THEN (because my car doesn't have the right wiring loom, using a multiplug that has the pins to bridge the connection through the door gap, chopping the lives, adding them all together to one wire, put a fuse on that wire, put it on the positive terminal, then making a wire for the negative terminal too.

Will this work? My grandad said maybe I will need a relay. I said I don't think so because in the Haynes there is no relay for leccy windows.

Would I need to make live, all the brown (live) wires AND the switch wires (blue and black etc), or just all the brown ones?

thanks.
The reason I won't replace the full loom is because I simply don't have the time, I have pizzas to deliver come 5pm, every night so I don't have the time to strip the car down and replace it all.

Thanks guys for any input

If I'm not being clear enough, this is my wiring diagram of what I plan to do...

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Root]
Root

21st Oct 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anybody help? would this work? I'm gonna be attempting it on monday if I don't get any answers, lol. If it doesn't work, I'll keep the wires with fuse holes in etc and just have to replace the loom -_-
DaveyLC

21st Oct 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is quite possibly the worst electrical diagram I have ever seen

The switches will be non latching DPDT switches..

You'd be far better off using a loom and controller from another car.

P.S. The controller switches the current so there are no extra relays.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by DaveyLC]
Root

21st Oct 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Davey. It is the worst electrical diagram ever but it briefly explains to myself and others what I'm trying to do. I found it hard to understand what I wanted to do until I got it down on paper.

What do you mean DPDT switches? What does that mean? Will it work? If it works and it saves me having to put in a FULL new loom then I'm happy.

My only major concern is rewiring the dash and the engine...the back lights, wiper I'm not afraid of, but as far as I know, the dash and engine wiring are...chaos

Let me know, cheers mate
adz_gsi

21st Oct 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BRown wires arnt live theyre earths (~ve) lives are red +ve
Root

21st Oct 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been told that you're correct. hmm

would i have to wire up all RED wires (lives) to the battery to make the electric window system work, or would I have to wire up all live wires AND switch wires to the battery, to make it work?

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Root]
Root

21st Oct 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone? please.

If I have to use original loom, where does it go to once it comes through multiplug?
Root

22nd Oct 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, seeing as nobody could help, gutted the car today, I've looked at my wiring and decided I'll do the job properly. The wiring comes in the car through driver side multiplug, under both seats then 2 wires go into the dash, some go into other multiplug and the rest through rubber grommit and onto battery.

The loom isn't that difficult when I had a look today, but I will be needing to take the seats out to get the loom under the carpets. Should be fun ^_^

New Poll